test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bad drop from Tiamat

soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
So I beat Tiamat for the first time in a week last night. My loot consisted of... a bag of dragon coins and 1 resonance stone. Also 1 Linu's Favor thankfully. I was pretty upset to put it mildly. If my win/loss ratio was better I wouldn't mind as much because I could rack up the favors faster.

I don't get many wins so my actual question is.. is this a common drop?
My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
Haven - Righteous Cleric
Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin

Comments

• ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Yes. I tend to get this drop. Maybe sometimes a shard too. You always get 1 favour when you beat Tiamat though. Every time.

My win/loss ratio has dropped a lot in Tiamat lately for some reason too.....
    Guild - Excalibur
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    This is the most common drop it seems. Usually a shard of some sort too tho. But i wont lie, u get dragon templar equipment alot of times. Also tier 2 pieces are common. I have beat tiamat roughly 50 times. Got 3 tiamat orbs out of it and alot of the other stuff i mentioned. Still havnt gotten the loot bag tho
  • somemintsomemint Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Out of 20 times I got one Tiamat Orb, probably 3-4 armor pieces and 2 dragon eggs. So, yeah, bag of coins and a stone is typically what you usually get.
  • kootsvayoumakootsvayouma Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've had <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> scores and been in the top two, it never seemed to affect my loot drops. Stone, coins, draconic enchantment is pretty normal. Sometimes you get good stuff, most times you don't.
  • salacious66salacious66 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've had about 45 wins against Tiamat - 3 orbs, 3 incantation books, plenty of DT/T2 armour drops but probably about 1/3 of the time it is a shard, bag of coins and the favour only. Only 38 more favours to go for the final boon....
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    soonergm wrote: »
    So I beat Tiamat for the first time in a week last night. My loot consisted of... a bag of dragon coins and 1 resonance stone. Also 1 Linu's Favor thankfully. I was pretty upset to put it mildly. If my win/loss ratio was better I wouldn't mind as much because I could rack up the favors faster.

I don't get many wins so my actual question is.. is this a common drop?
    That's the absolute basic drop for beating Tiamat. I've beaten it 45 times now and have had 4 artefacts, 3 offhands, 3 books, pieces of Draconic Templar set, T2's and a bag together with a few bags of coins. So just keep trying and eventually you will get some really good stuff. Best of luck :smile:

• valaniillevalaniille Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Drops could be better... Armor pieces from tiamat usually are worth 4-6-10k ad.
  • willwheatleywillwheatley Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    What you described is the typical loot you get from the gold bracket on the scoreboard. Don't forget to also check the chest every time! But most of the time, you won't take what's in the chest. The main purpose of killing Tiamat is for the Linus for your boons. You need 30 and 50 Linus for the last two boons.

Any purple gear in the chest is not worth wasting a key over. Keep in mind, it's free to look in the chest - it only uses up a key if you take the loot out. 5 keys costs 300 ZEN, which is about 80k AD. That works out to 16k AD per key. The purple gear only sells for about 7k on the AH (even less after the AH cut), or salvages for 8k (which begs the question - why the hell are people selling the stuff on the AH when they can just salvage it?). So yeah, unless you see an orb or a bag in that chest, don't take the loot.
  • valaniillevalaniille Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Is bag worth a key??
  • willwheatleywillwheatley Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The Dragon Cult Pack (20 slots) certainly is - it sells for 150k+ AD on the AH.
  • ketthooverketthoover Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I've beat Tiamat about 30 times now, have not got an orb, but have got 5-6 DT pieces and a couple t2 pieces, and an offhand that I wish I knew was a possible drop prior to purchasing it:( hoping the orb starts dropping as I am living on one artifact still and many people I know have got multiples in few wins.
  • dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    It's all RNGesus my friend... Seek and ye shall be saved! o:)
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    I have gotten literally everything to drop for both my characters. I have not had to buy anything. My worst drop from Tiamat was a Linu Favor, bag o' coins, T2 head piece, and dragon egg. I have not had the luck, or lack there of, with just a favor and a resonance stone as of yet.
  • lucaspetribrlucaspetribr Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    about 50 wins and no orbs.

various off hands, belts from the chest, books and draconic amor, but NO ORBS at all. :(

at least i got a few dragon eggs to exchange for other goods.
    Xbox CW SS Renegade
  • curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I have beat Tiamat enough times to have both boons and a cloak on my main that is about 95 wins with a 60-65% win now have 10 favors on my second toon. so I can tell you that is a very normal drop. I have 3 orbs many armor pieces and no bag to show for all those runs.
  • lucivictuslucivictus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    What irks me most about this is a winning loot drop has a good chance of being the same (minor resonance stone and bag of coins, minus the favor, of course) as a losing loot drop.

When is this ever ok?
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Thats why I have said in another thread. If you can not get 2 heads 1st run, then you don't have enough DPS to beat it. So instead of sticking around for the loosing drop, just leave, there is no point in staying. I only ever leave when we can't get 2 heads down 1st run. I have left maybe 4 times now, each time we barely got Green passed 3/4 health...so it was bad REALLY bad.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    What you described is the typical loot you get from the gold bracket on the scoreboard. Don't forget to also check the chest every time! But most of the time, you won't take what's in the chest. The main purpose of killing Tiamat is for the Linus for your boons. You need 30 and 50 Linus for the last two boons.

Any purple gear in the chest is not worth wasting a key over. Keep in mind, it's free to look in the chest - it only uses up a key if you take the loot out. 5 keys costs 300 ZEN, which is about 80k AD. That works out to 16k AD per key. The purple gear only sells for about 7k on the AH (even less after the AH cut), or salvages for 8k (which begs the question - why the hell are people selling the stuff on the AH when they can just salvage it?). So yeah, unless you see an orb or a bag in that chest, don't take the loot.

Because when you play A LOT, you will be backed up hundreds of thousands of rough diamonds. So 7,000ad now is better than 10,000ad a month from now.
  • travuskatravuska Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    does the dragon cult pack drop only once per account, or is it just a super rare drop.
    i got one, looking to get one more for my alt.
  • TomidiusTomidius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    patsfire... patsfire.... Every thread you are boasting how you get the perfect rolls every time... you boast how you never get bad loot and always get the best possible drops each run.

Heck I should run t2 dungeons with you, because surely a Greater Mark will drop every run.

As the other poster said.. you bring nothing valuable to any of these forums.. you spew false information because you are making it up. You did not craft 12 gemmed rings in a row, your worst Tiamat loot was not ' t2 purple + a dragon egg'

I do hate you.. go away....
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    you are complaining about 1 bad drop from 1 run. i could understand 10 but 1 wdf

Well... what upset me was that my first win in a week gave me the same drop as a loss plus a favor (I may have gotten a shard too, not sure). That wasn't my first run in 7 days but my first win in 7 days. My win percentage is like 10% right now. If I had 10 wins with this same drop I'd be ecstatic at this point because I'd have 10 more favors which is nice. My bad luck is I keep getting the groups of quitters and whiners.

For perspective... I have not beat Tiamat enough to know that this is the most common drop. That's why I started this thread. Not simply to complain.
    lucivictus wrote: »
    What irks me most about this is a winning loot drop has a good chance of being the same (minor resonance stone and bag of coins, minus the favor, of course) as a losing loot drop.

When is this ever ok?

^This!! This sums it up nicely. At least drop a better refinement stone.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Certainly it's not worth it most of the time to actually take what's in the chest out of it, especially for those BOPBUP things worth 6KAD that you already have. ;) Although I have forgetten about DTGauntlets in the mail and regotten them, they are worth non doubled 8K I think, which if you got the key pack with Z from when it was 160 to 1 isn't that bad a deal. But as far as the rewards IIRC in however many wins to fill out the 15 LF needed for the off-hand (never got one for me), some off-hand, two dragon queen books, DTChest, Orb. Seems that the rewards percentages for Tiamat have been better overall. (Unless you're looking for another pack.) Certainly though mostly bags of coins and lesser resonance and the like.
    or salvages for 8k (which begs the question - why the hell are people selling the stuff on the AH when they can just salvage it?).
    Ah, if you're not daily earning/making/getting 24KAD rough and converting 24KAD rough each day each toon, it makes little sense to put an item you don't need on the AH if it salvages for more than you can expect to get out of it after the fee. Unless you just wanna help a lower level get that 8K item for 3K or whatever.

However if you've been saving up your salvage, or make way more than 24K per toon and have built up a great deal of rough astrals that you don't foresee bleeding down in the next week or month or two, and you want actual spendable AD now, you put it up for less than salvage so somebody will actually buy it (short of pricing it up high and having somebody decide they want that item for 20K when everyone else has it for 5K). Like maybe an alt has room to spare 'cuz you didn't play them and have nothing to salvage and no rough built up. And you see that you can make 2 or 3 K each buying and salvaging and converting. Although many seem to put up things with not enough of a discount to make it worthwhile, 24K of rough at 300 per isn't much of an incentive.
    10% win soonergrm? What is your class and gs?
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    I bought my offhand with the 15 Linus favours then the very, YES the very next Taimat success I get? Yep my offhand! I've also only managed one Orb and 3 books, didn't know there were bags!

I dont mind Tiamat but it is very disheartening if you don't get the 3rd dragon down to mid health or lower in the first run as loads seem to give in! I've been doing Spider temple quite alot to build up my my salvageable items incase we have a double AD sometime soon.
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Tomidius wrote: »
    10% win soonergrm? What is your class and gs?

14k+ HR Trapper with lesser vorpal. Maxed RI, 3k crit over 5k power. Plus potions.

I usually go for green or red orb and defend the middle cleric.

My strategy during clerics is to stand right in the middle of the spawn point and use my melee encounters to root the adds immediately. I actually used to stand behind the spawn point(closer to dragons) and use ranged encounters to root but the melee is faster. I usually root most of them on the spot but sometimes a female one launches itself to the cleric anyway and gets rooted over there.

During heads.. DPS DPS DPS and pop the orb at same color dragon head as necessary. Sometimes this is to create a path for people to run to head... sometimes it's at the head. I pop a lantern of revelation when I see most people have made it to a head. If only half are there I feels it's a waste.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Honestly for my role I'm not sure what more I can do except keep improving my gear to increase damage.

Also I have tried going in before 1 min, at 1 min, and with less than 1 minute to go and it doesn't seem to change much. Almost everyone waits until the last minute now anyway. Also if you wait too long you end up with a group too small.

Edit: I meant gems not orbs
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    I have won Tiamat about 80-90 or so times, through 4 different characters. I have gotten 4-5 orbs, 7 offhands, 2 bags. I have only seen a few dragon eggs, and a few templar pieces ( like 6-7 total, doubles on my main)

I only take the items in the chest if it is the classes best set piece.