test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else disconnecting alot .

bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
last week i ve disconnected quite a few times but today ive disconnected about 10 times or more

Comments

• karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    One day ago a hard lag spike hit our dungeon (elol) and three of five from our group got a disconnect (1 czech, 1 german, 1 phillipnos). After we logged back in we notice several other players where accidental portet in our dunegon instance. So the server got a major hikup.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    There have been a lot of these Ghosts in the Machine lately.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    I blame bots moving from gateway to client
    What difference make Bots? I mean, a bot makes a request via gateway for leadership takes almost the same amount of traffic like ingame. Login, character switch, leadership tasks, etc. The only "new" one is the position data, like standing in PE. And i don't think they moved ingame.
    plat.png
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Being in game they are now consuming game server resources and the fact that they now constantly need to log in and out, hitting up the login server continuously. In the gateway they logged in once and it doesn't consume the same resources to switch characters as it does in game.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    So much rubber banding and disconnects. Double exp and AD weekend is only making it worse xD
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    So much rubber banding and disconnects. Double exp and AD weekend is only making it worse xD
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    I disconnected after the XP nerf and haven't connected since. Does that count?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • undulationsundulations Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I've disconnected maybe once before today; today I can't stay logged in long enough for one elol run.
    Bots as problem for the laggs make still no sense.
    plat.png
  • tuncextuncex Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    for weeks much lag, disconects launchs crashing, and no repair was done. many friends can no longer log into the game. some already are downloading skyforge because this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dont work more. they want to launch a new mod but apparently only the bots will play it

support will make many questions, ask diagnostics of your computer and internet but in the end asked to repair the game, as if that were the problem, I already reinstalled the whole game and the problems remain.

• reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »

bots in the gateway take probably 1/10th to 1/100th of server resources actually loging in and invoking/professions.
    Bandwidth wise standing in PE uses Xkb per second even standing there while the gateway uses x page's of bandwidth.

Edit: atm I can't even connect to the patch server to log in.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I was, sporadically, on Thursday getting the "Server not responding". sometimes itd go for like 20+ secs on the timer. A few times it disconnected me. Friday though, nothing; connected fine and no real interruptions.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited August 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    karakla1 wrote: »

bots in the gateway take probably 1/10th to 1/100th of server resources actually loging in and invoking/professions.
    Bandwidth wise standing in PE uses Xkb per second even standing there while the gateway uses x page's of bandwidth.

Edit: atm I can't even connect to the patch server to log in.

I experienced the last few days since leadership is down on gateway rarely any lagg only 1 major server hickup as i mentioned in this forum, and i connect from germany with less than 6MB. Maybe some lags on this weekend are produced by returning players. PWE send some News-Emails out and Double RAD and XP is a nice addition to a module which some players say looks "promising".

Besides. Why should a bot that is already ingame farming the hell out of some instances generate such a huge additional traffic only because he use professions in addition? I mean he can only log in one at a time because such botter doesn't use 100 different accounts with 2 character slots and more likely 1-3 accounts with 50 characters on it.
    And even if we has 10.000 bots constantly ingame or even more that produce additional traffic in his best times Neverwinter had over 2 million active accounts. Maybe not simultanously online but at the start we had (like every other MMORPG) alot more players constantly online than now.

That is the reason why i think people are exaggerate with the Bot issue and simply throw some wild guess in the room.
    plat.png
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    me too , it's been 5 days that i can't play , i only log on to check my professions and log off , my ping explode to 10k when my ping-test is always "A" .