test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Corner: Strongholds Questions & Answers

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We gathered your questions about Strongholds and the developers have answered! Check them out here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9483053

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Still did not really answer my question. But I can guess it basically means that if you do not, or can not get more than 5 people into your Stronghold map there is no chance for you to even think about getting the Dragonflight armors. And to me that is really not fair to the very small guilds, or family based guilds that may only have 4-5 accounts associated with it. Before Mod4 there were about 10 active accounts in the guild I am in, but right now my 16 characters are the only active ones in the guild. I just wish that there could be some way for my guild, other than adding lots of other accounts, to be able to get the Dragonflight armors.
    But I guess so long as the 142 iLevel armor is not going to be required to be able to do the PvE in Mod8 solo (within a reasonable time), then it should be okay. But if it will be required then you may be alienated quite a lot of your player base.
  • rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    In your news blog, Romotheone asked:
    How relevant are Strongholds going to be when a new mod comes out? Are Strongholds going play a big role in later modules?

However, while you gave an answer concerning what would/could happen to Strongholds when a new module comes out, I feel you missed Romo's point. My understanding is that Romo wanted to know not what would happen with the Stronghold, but would the Stronghold (or being in a Guild with access to a Stronghold) be relevant in any upcoming modules; if you're not in a Guild, would the lack of access to a Stronghold affect your gameplay in any way.

"I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • alpehansalpehans Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    As expected , solo-players and very small guilds are gonna get left behind. Allready feeling like a 2nd rate customer cause i'm from Europe ( ping, lag, event times, patch times etc ). Now my prefered playstyle is getting axed too.
    Why are you trying so hard to make me quit :(
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    alpehans wrote: »
    As expected , solo-players and very small guilds are gonna get left behind. Allready feeling like a 2nd rate customer cause i'm from Europe ( ping, lag, event times, patch times etc ). Now my prefered playstyle is getting axed too.
    Why are you trying so hard to make me quit :(

While I like playing solo, the fact remains this is an MMO. There has to be a line. If basically a solo personal guild can make significant progress in line with a large guild, then the large guilds will steamroll the content and be bored in a week. That and the content basically switches to personal housing.

That said, I think there should be some way for other people to get this gear. Limiting BIS gear to a good group...fine. Limiting BIS gear to large guilds....I don't know about that.

I am glad that the boons are tied to the guild and not the player, otherwise a merry-go-round of running accounts through would occur.
    Which in the end was what my question was. If there was going to be another way, besides the dragon HEs, for a player to get the BiS gear. As there are some guilds that are never going to have 5 players online at one time, because of life etc.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    question - what will you implement to prevent pvp guilds to farming new content through premades and gain even more advantage over others?

answer - nothing
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Here's something that I'd like the devs to think about when they get the chance: with such a large map, what about letting players make their strongholds more interesting by letting them attach Foundry content? I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this, but it might be kind of neat if players could design interesting dungeon lairs that their players (or guests) could enjoy.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kermenckermenc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am a solo player as well and have a private guild with my husband, so many changes as of late have changed the game. There has to be a way for small guilds not just meet in the middle because that is not what is going to happen. I don't mind doing the work as hubby does not play as much as I can. However, not to be able to get gear without HE event seems unfair there should be a workaround, be it resources, quests, etc. Please consider others as well.
  • salemstarrsalemstarr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am starting to feel that solo people are going to be axed here. I love this game but its hard to advance as a solo player at 60 so with all the new stuff afforded Guild players we will be left out all the way around. Sad I'll stay as long as I can not fair that's for sure..............
  • henryloenwindhenryloenwind Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Kreatyve: What happens when you’re kicked from a guild when you’re in the stronghold?

Let me rephrase this question: What happens when you’re kicked from a guild while your character is on the stronghold map (either logged on or logged off).
    Angrysprite: How are the Stronghold PvP maps assembled dynamically

The answer to that was a bit magically. Let me guess what really happens: There are 2 new maps; the stronghold map and the stronghold PVP map. The later contains 2 copies of the first one with one of them rotated 180°. Both have slots for the dynamic parts of the stronghold(s). Those slots are not part of the walkmesh, btw (see Q&A video). If I had to guess, I'd say the buildings that go into these slots are not "terrain" but "entities" (ever noticed that there are barrels that fall over and barrels that do not move? Same difference).
  • adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So, just to be clear: The Barracks. This is the ONLY place you can get a Power Boon in Strongholds. You MUST do PvP to get the Barracks. So, to get a Power Boon out of a Stronghold, you MUST PvP. Therefore, Strongholds is FORCED PvP content because a boost to power (with some of the end game mobs having been recently made to have such a ridiculous amount of hit points) is just too good to ignore or "have the freedom to choose something else". And, after all, PvP is the ONLY place Power does you any good anyway. Lastly, MULTIPLE devs have promised on MULTIPLE occassions: "no PvP required for non-PvP content". So, all of these statements seem correct and in order? The devs see no problems or conflicts with any of this? Just checking.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.