test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

still cant make a new character!

jimpman88jimpman88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
has anyone found a fix for this yet? I have uninstalled and reinstalled; tried safe mode, added ram, and everything else the bugs team has suggested!
Im not the only one with this problem, others have said after they bought more character slots they couldnt make new characters!
Having spent so much money for zen, its rather insulting that this hasnt been addressed!

Comments

• Options
    jimpman88jimpman88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    wow, still cant make new characters...nice to know they care about their customers here....
  • Options
    averger1234averger1234 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I can log onto the game and play existing characters but i cannot make any new characters. When i click on new character it goes to the very cool cut scene but after that it freezes up at the end and will not go to character generater. i have tryed all of this to see if it helps.
    Please first restart your computer and network hardware and try again a little bit later before trying anything else. This is important!

You can try running Options > Force Verify on the game launcher menu, let that complete and try again.

You can try disabling on-demand patching in Options on the game launcher and try the game again.

You can try using one of the Cryptic Proxy connections in the Options on the game launcher to connect with and see if that helps you temporarily.

You can try reinstalling the game with the latest game client.

--------
    -> You can try flushing your DNS to help with connection issues.

1) Press the Windows Key + R

Should bring up Run window.

2) Type in cmd and press Enter

A black command prompt window should appear.

3) Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    -------

Since the update, your security software may have decided to start blocking the game or patching process. Please carefully go over the info below to help you.

Please make sure that you have Team Viewer disabled.

Check to make sure the following ports are open and allowed through your firewall.
    IPs: 208.95.184.0/22
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 7000-7500

But none of this have helped me yet. Anyone have any other ideas?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    When your launcher starts up, hit Options and down where it has a blank for Command Line, try entering the following and see if that works. If not, try again but this time try checking "Safe Mode"
    -d3d11Enable 0

• Options
    averger1234averger1234 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Kvet,
    Thank you for responding to the post. I tryed typing -d3d11Enable 0 in the command line in normal and save mode. Sadly it still locks up after the video.