test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barkshield Getting Buffed?

kabose101kabose101 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
So I've seen the prices sky rocket for Barkshield enchantments, is there an upcoming buff that I don't know about? I know all about negation but don't know if there are going to be any changes to other enchants. Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Comments

• fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    It should get fixed in strongholds :3 since they we're lazy eneugh to promise and not fix it for what? 2-3months ;-;
  • kabose101kabose101 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    When you say 'fixed' does that mean the absorb on it wasn't working as intended or is it that the absorb dmg will be increased?
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    absorb dmg doubles
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • kabose101kabose101 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Oh Snap. Now I want one
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    fatguns wrote: »
    It should get fixed in strongholds :3 since they we're lazy eneugh to promise and not fix it for what? 2-3months ;-;

As the band Naked Eyes so eloquently put it in a song back in 1983:

"You made me promises, promises
    Knowing I'd believe promises, promises
    You knew you'd never keep"

:)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    My namesake DC main has been sporting Barkshields since he first stumbled across armor enchant slots circa winter '13-'14. I've always liked 'em, as I'm rarely the first person targeted by attacks in a group setting. The stray big hit that I can't manage to dodge gets trimmed down very nicely, and its power recharges if I can stay unhit for a few seconds.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    can someone paste the dev quote about the buff please ?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I still use a Soulforged enchant, just because I happen to have an Angel of Protection as an active companion and like to have an "Oopsie" mechanism in place when I screw up (wow, the unnecessary censorship of what you do with a screwdriver makes this sound more vulgar than it is. And now that I wrote the word "screwdriver" it recognizes screw as not profane? Wut?) in solo PvE

Also, solo PvE, as opposed to solo PvP?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Prices are going up, but as soon as people see the "buffed" Barkshield, the prices will probably go back down again.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    icyphish wrote: »
    absorb dmg doubles

The "shield" being doubled is what I heard too.

That said, Barkshield will remain useless given the out of proportion HP and burst damage that players are receiving now. Ceteris paribus, it'll not be popular even with the above buff... Hrmmm

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    yes, one average dot and the barkshield is just as good as nothing. Like ppl said above, even with the new buff, the dmg absorb probably still isn't gonna cut it, however if they triple it, then there's a chance ppl's gonna whine about that being too OP on certain classes. (e.g. CWs or TRs since they hardly get hit, shield+absorb could effectively "nullify' the first few incoming hits'...... I think the current buff is just fine :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    It will be a good Armor enchant for cw and tr I think. For fighter classes, pally and dc may not be so useful.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    It is and will be worthless at PvE. At PvP it's gonna be better than nothing, but nowhere close to Negation, Elven Battle or even SoulForged.