test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamnond Exchange

codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
This morning was just like any other morning. The exchange was peaked at about 160 with about 30k zend listed to be sold at 162, 161, 160, 159. So I listed my zen to sell at 162 and then went to bed. (3rd shift). When I woke up the exchanged was peaked at 184! It was hard for me to leave for work lol. I had lost at lease 3k zen. Does anyone know what caused the sudden raise? I hope it falls back down by the time I get off work. This is why it's hard for my to invest into the exchange for long periods at a time. I never know which direction it is going to go.

Comments

• Options
    brotherroguebrotherrogue Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Zen sale last week, all the cheap zen has been sold, go figure.....plus the ad market is diluted with tiamat drops along with double RP coming to close. Simple rule, what goes up must come down, and vice versa ofc
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    The zen market is down. . thats why its going up.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    I like how you said the cheap AD has been sold. :)
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I think people are trying to get Zen to buy Rubies, Coal wards Etc before the 15 % sale and double refinement is over.

Look for it to drop after 12PST IMHO
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    It's simple to an extent but complicated to another. Without debating on what Zen itself should cost, normally anyone can get Z for actual coin. Part of it is how much those who have bought Z have of it. If they want Z things that's the end of it, but when they want Astral Diamonds instead, they want AD to be higher rather than lower, and they'll wait for that if they can. But if AD is higher, then that tends to make things in the AH cost more, but that's all impacted by how much AD people have. There's a limit on how much you can make or refine a day but that's per character. But there's no practical limit on how much can be made by buying or selling in the AH. We also have people using Gold to get things they can't or won't spend AD on, and also let's say farming seals in dungeons in order to buy things that they can sell for G or if epic salvage for AD (and hit the 24K per day per character limit) . We also have traders specifically looking to buy AD or Z low and then convert when high. We also have professions, creating materials and AD, which then are bought and sold in the AH. All that is impacted by specials going on, be that a Wonders of Gond or double this and defend that.

It's a complex economy that reacts to market pressures in a lot of ways, with its own sources and sinks (10% cut in AH, buy/sell spread in AD exchange, % drop rates) impacted by Zen discounts, item discounts, number of players. Sometimes it will bounce around on the exchange rates, other times trend up, other times trend down.
  • Options
    they are releasing a new lockbox for one week, and then another now one. Will this have any affect on the exchange?
  • Options
    rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    codher0 wrote: »
    they are releasing a new lockbox for one week, and then another now one. Will this have any affect on the exchange?

Absolutely, it will rise
  • Options
    salacious66salacious66 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    what is the new lockbox? couldn't find any info on it
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    what is the new lockbox? couldn't find any info on it
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Category:Lockbox

lockbox goodness.

next up may probably be either nine h3lls or nightmare lockbox.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Aaah you lucky xbox people. 160 to 184 AD per Zen... we on PC have now over a year 500 per Zen. Feel yourself lucky.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yeah, because you guys used a glitch to gain tons of AD. Serves you right.
  • Options
    nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Not to mention PC had the Gateway and botters.
  • Options
    randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Meh Xbox has botters as well, just takes more work to setup. Its zen ratio will be the same before to long, always happens when you have unlimited coming in and not enough going out.
  • Options
    how do you know that xbox has botters?
  • Options
    razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    im guessing he is one. :)
  • Options
    randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    How? Do a little research. You can bot anything if you really want. Imo I don't see the point as I play the game to enjoy it.

Some simple bots take 2s to setup, look at all the chat spam! Farming ones take more work but not much. Wish they would bring the Xbox version up to at least the UI of the PC version and add a good Mute option to chat!
  • Options
    indiscriminantindiscriminant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I believe a big part of the inflation was due to it being a new lockbox but also due to the fact that there was a 30% or so drop rate for the planar idols which are worth 40-50k AD each flooding the market with AD that caused prices to increase across the board for non fixed price items.
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Siege, a number of new lockboxes compared to how long the last stable one was out, how much AD players have from Tiamat, all the things people need Z for, lots of 60s and alt 60s now all doing the high AD stuff. Etc etc. The simple answer is a high demand for Z and "not enough" people selling Z for that level of demand to meet that demand at lower prices, so AD to Z goes up.