test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Mod MH/OH

seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
New artifact equipment coming along, I will again need an astronomical amount of AD for RP and cubes of augmentation, can you add a viable way to earn AD once more such as BOE armor we can sell back in circa pre mod 1? I haven't even been able to get any of my AE to legendary and here comes along a new set. Hazzzaaa!

Edit: Not to mention I need a new mount too! Hazzzaa for account wide mount that will be *sort of* useless.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I haven't really looked into it, but I don't think that you need the cubes of augmentation for the new ones. You choose which weapon you want. Also, it starts out at the same item level of the one you salvage for it, so if you already have an epic ilevel 130 main hand, you will get an epic ilevel 135? main hand. So less RP will be needed because it does not start at green.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    don't you need to wait for double RP weekend for that to be true?
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    greyloche wrote: »
    i believe its a 1 for 1 trade. you refine your 135 weapon, get a stone, turn the stone in for a level 135 new weapon. the difference is its one color down. so, turn in an orange weapon, get a stone for a purple weapon. its the same ilevel, just not the level level (not sure what to call it).

does that make sense

If that is the case you'll be losing millions of RPs. A current legendary item level 135 weapon will only get you an epic item level 135 weapon. Therefore you'll be losing about four million RPs.

• seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Hmm the recurring theme here is "you can buy a ..." Huzzah for more grinds! :)
  • faltiigrimfaltiigrim Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Wow - instead of doing something to alleviate the absolute train wreck of RP-driven endgame, they straight up double-down on it.

What a mess.
  • eocrooseocroos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    I have legendary MH/OH so once i get the new epic MH/OH i will need like 8-9million RP but im fine with that challenge, not everyone should be having BiS too fast.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Can you buy the MH directly, instead of having to go through Spinward Rise and all 48 vigilance quests?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'll just buy one of the new green Artifact Weapons MH/OH and then wait for a 2XRP weekend. That way at least I have a chance for it to crit and be given a new 140. If it doesn't crit oh well I have to grind out 5 levels as if I traded in for the new purple ones.
    P.S. The RP grind still kills me a little bit inside everytime.
  • ljubomir78ljubomir78 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Can you buy the MH directly, instead of having to go through Spinward Rise and all 48 vigilance quests?
    You can get MH from Artifact weapon box from ToD campaing (not sure how task is called), when opened it give choice between lv60 MH and lv70 MH since mod 6 (thats mod 6 lv70 MH, not Stronghold (mod 7) one )
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    If you did not lose the extra enchantment slot, there would be nothing for anyone to complain about.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Well I wont give my main or offhand to the npc.I will just get the green put it in my bank until next 2x comes then feed my legendaries to the new one.Only 3 level should be left to new orange artifact.Or have they changed it too?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Which is why, I have constantly championed more RP in the game,, its a cluster and will be until we can PLAY for RP gain progression.

Its the single worst game progression point in the game and its not worked right since they nerfed unbound RP from dragon hoards.

Now you barely getting anything from hoards as it is.

There just simply isnt enough RP in the game. I get so riled up with people who believe it should be gated still.

In addition , Im also quite tired with the Artifact gear in general..

... It just might be time for me to move on, Im tired of feeling like Im fighting a loosing battle all the time. The rift is just too wide between what the players want and what we are being offered lately.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    It is the carrot on the stick approach. Cryptic developers for NW seem to like endless, boring, and tedious tasks the are repetitive in nature. They believe their views are indicative of the gaming generations, and made it a primary feature of their game. They also might be sadists, after all they dangle that carrot in front of your nose and just as you are about to achieve it, they yank it away. They then replace that carrot with a new one and start the luring process all over again, just to yank it away again later.

Unless you are an over achiever, and shell out the necessary $$$ and time to grab that carrot before they yank it. They'll still yank it out of your mouth as you are chewing it, but at least they toss it in the dirt at your feet so you can continue to gnaw on it, or start straining at the bit for the new one they just dangled in front of your nose.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    If I dont get a item within two weeks of a mod, I just skip them now. Ive learned my lesson. Do not chase items anymore, they are not worth your time.

I remember a Dev said, they created this game to have fun.. but it seems to me, that aspect of the game is pretty much over.

This game has only moments of fun nowadays, in between their continued , lets grind something over and over and over and over and over and over again methodology. Just to yank it in less then 3-6 months anyways.

All of this just gates out people who used to play with Alts as well, as there is zero incentive to roll other toons anymore. Sadly.

The more I think about it, the more frustrated I become honestly.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    silverkelt wrote: »
    I remember a Dev said, they created this game to have fun.. but it seems to me, that aspect of the game is pretty much over.

This game has only moments of fun nowadays, in between their continued , lets grind something over and over and over and over and over and over again methodology. Just to yank it in less then 3-6 months anyways.

All of this just gates out people who used to play with Alts as well, as there is zero incentive to roll other toons anymore. Sadly.

The more I think about it, the more frustrated I become honestly.

I actually believe the Developers when they state they created this game to have fun. The problem is, what they seem to think is fun, only resonates with some people. They have failed to grasp the quintessential essence of a successful MMO, and that is to create multiple methods of success and fun that cater to many diverse groups.

The frustration is in the continued: "we did this to improve gameplay and fun" and "that isn't what we wanted, you went the exact opposite direction. It isn't fun."
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'll skip new mainhand. Wait and see what Underdark has. Pretty happy with my Orange and extra slot.
    Yeah, orange artifact weapon is the shiznitz.
  • sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I'll skip new mainhand. Wait and see what Underdark has. Pretty happy with my Orange and extra slot.

Yeah, everything becomes obsolete after a module. I'm not getting fooled again, not anymore.
    As I keep saying:

Artifact weapons can't become obsolete. You wait for a double RP weekend, refine your old weapon into your new one, the net RP it gains is sufficiently high to put you only about 3 levels below what it used to be. But since the new weapon's base is so much more powerful, you get a major upgrade. The investment you put into the old weapon is never "lost" you just have the ability to invest in it further.

Honestly, while the RP grind is ridiculous, the "obsolete because new gear hits the market" thing is the one area of the game where artifact equipment is actually a considerable advantage.
    Yeah, that's true. I'm not into the whole leadership army thing, but I do have beta tester priviledges in terms of being Old Money as far as the game is concerned.