test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New boon bugged???

theassistmantheassistman Member Posts: 58 Arc User
So I got my 2nd boon with the 30 Linus favors and the new book. I had the crit severity one already for the 5% so I took the 2nd tier for the additional 1.5% to make it 6.5% total. Before I put the boon on my crit severity was at 85.2% after I put the boon on it went to 85.3%??? In what mathematical equation does this make sense. Either it would be 1.5% more making my crit severity 86.7% or be 1.5% of 85.2% making it should go up about 1.3% not 1/10th of a percent. Is this bugged? Anyone else ran into this?? Please let me know what's up cause this seems like a total waste at this point.
Check me out on YouTube youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan or by googling or searing The Assist Man on YouTube.
youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan

Comments

• Options
    agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Lol you picked the crit severity boon
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • Options
    Lol you picked the crit severity boon

why wouldn't i? it is the most useful one of them all or you dont like doing an extra 8% damage i guess. anyway your answer had nothing to do with an actual answer.
    Check me out on YouTube youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan or by googling or searing The Assist Man on YouTube.
  • Options
    agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    That boon is garbage, simple math could show you why
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • Options
    That boon is garbage, simple math could show you why

lol ok, well that's your opinion. anyway back to the topic.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There's been a bug with that since it came out. :( On PC too.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve wrote: »

are you serious????? ok your a mod, how have they not fixed this?? there is so much stuff broke in this game. do you know what the number gives you when you have all 3 slotted in crit severity? does the 3rd just give you another 1/10th of a percent? this is really disappointing. so is this something that could be added to the ongoing list of xbox bugs that need to be fixed as well?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kreatyve wrote: »

are you serious????? ok your a mod, how have they not fixed this?? there is so much stuff broke in this game. do you know what the number gives you when you have all 3 slotted in crit severity? does the 3rd just give you another 1/10th of a percent? this is really disappointing. so is this something that could be added to the ongoing list of xbox bugs that need to be fixed as well?

I don't know, but I will look into this and see if I can have some staff answer your questions. I do know that the 3rd is bugged on PC as well.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    So just out of curiousity, since Crit Severity boons 2 and 3 are bugged. What other boons are bugged as well? or is it just those 2?
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    So just out of curiousity, since Crit Severity boons 2 and 3 are bugged. What other boons are bugged as well? or is it just those 2?

have no idea as i just got the 30 favors to get the 2nd one and need 50 to get the 3rd one plus the 3 books. it really sucks and needs to be fixed and addressed since its the boons you get with the tiamat expansion and im sure most will go in to the crit severity boon. but who knows
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I would just like to know from the staff if other boons are bugged like the crit severity 2 and 3 before i get anymore boons. being they cost too much in favors. i dont wanna waste my time grinding for something that doesnt work.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    I would just like to know from the staff if other boons are bugged like the crit severity 2 and 3 before i get anymore boons. being they cost too much in favors. i dont wanna waste my time grinding for something that doesnt work.

i know for a fact that the crit severity 2 is bugged and the mod said that the 3 was bugged also and has been like this for a while on pc. thats really unacceptable cause like jdnutz said 30 favors and the book is alot of time and money. now have to respec and come outta pocket 500 more zen for a respec token is not our fault. please fix it or at least give is a free respec to get rid of it. but, id rather have it fixed all dps classes are gonna want to use that boon tree.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Same here, not much point wasting all those resources if the thing is bugged is there.

• Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    So I got my 2nd boon with the 30 Linus favors and the new book. I had the crit severity one already for the 5% so I took the 2nd tier for the additional 1.5% to make it 6.5% total. Before I put the boon on my crit severity was at 85.2% after I put the boon on it went to 85.3%??? In what mathematical equation does this make sense. Either it would be 1.5% more making my crit severity 86.7% or be 1.5% of 85.2% making it should go up about 1.3% not 1/10th of a percent. Is this bugged? Anyone else ran into this?? Please let me know what's up cause this seems like a total waste at this point.

Where can you check your crit severity? Never found that one.

• Options
    vagu2 wrote: »

on your character sheet just scroll down a little on the right
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    vagu2 wrote: »

on your character sheet just scroll down a little on the right

Oh my.. I've never realized that you actually can scroll down lol. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    From what I;ve heard, it's actually tiers 2 and 3 of every boon.
  • Options
    arexarex Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    And effects boons back in Dread Ring and Sharandar (sp?)
  • Options
    hipranger1hipranger1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    The first tier of every boon gives the best bump in its respective stat, so I went for all first tiers in my initial 2 boons and will do so for the 3rd boon once I get 50 favors built up. Not saying it is an excuse for not fixing a known bug that is a couple of years old. The same moderator, kreatyve, said something similar about a known bug on the black head glitch in tiamat. Like, its a known issue. To which I think, if you know about it, then why not fix it?
  • Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    hipranger1 wrote: »
    The first tier of every boon gives the best bump in its respective stat, so I went for all first tiers in my initial 2 boons and will do so for the 3rd boon once I get 50 favors built up. Not saying it is an excuse for not fixing a known bug that is a couple of years old. The same moderator, kreatyve, said something similar about a known bug on the black head glitch in tiamat. Like, its a known issue. To which I think, if you know about it, then why not fix it?
    Moderators are not part of the development team, they can report issues but have no control over when/how/if an issue will be addressed or fixed. The comments they make are also not only as a mod but as a player as well. Give them some slack.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Wow.....really appreciate the OP posting this as I would gave taken the 3 in crit severity as well. Guess I'm going life steal, incoming heals, and crit severity....
  • Options
    cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Really wish I saw this before wasting my 30 Favours and the AD cost.

I went with the Incoming Healing as my 5th, and decided to get the CS as my 6th and I only get the 0.1% increase too...

Makes me think, if I respec and get this as my 5th and doing the 6th as Incoming Healing; would the Incoming Healing be bugged too?
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • Options
    dirtyi30dirtyi30 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So the developers are aware of this bug and it's been around since the release on PC? Seriously, what a joke for it to be not only left broken on PC for so damn long, but to be ported to Xbox One busted as well? Do you even care about your product or player base AT ALL? When you contact the developers, they simply link you to these threads. Very lazy.. Is it any wonder players dropped this game and went to ESO.
    ~Neverworks~
  • Options
    sslumdogsslumdog Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Well i'm glad i read this before i wasted my Boons. Seriously... Sounds like this company needs to learn a VERY BASIC life lesson... And that is "If it's broken then try and fix it, if it's not broken then don't try and FIX it or it will soon be BROKEN." It's an endless spiral and it really really stresses people out.

and only "5 more expansions" to go!!

|FullxMelt|15.7k CW||.Dip.n.Dotz.|15.4k DC|
    <<GOON SQUAD>>
  • Options
    cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    So, is it bugged if I alternate my boons from 5th Incoming Healing and 6th CS?

Anyone tested that Incoming Healing is working as a 6th Boon? Or will I only get maybe 1% of the 10% is states I "should" get?
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Can confirm that the last boon (3rd crit severity boost that costs... 50 Linu's favos... one of each book and 50k AD....) does NOT work. I would love to test out the others for you guys but I'm not made outta AD and right now, can't even afford to respec to get out of the crit severity ones...
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    lucaspetribrlucaspetribr Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    If your a CW go for the control bonus boon. its way better than a 1,5% crit sev.

You can freeze and keep foes for much more time, meaning more damage for you and for your group.

I´ve tried incoming healing and saw no difference at all. It doesn´t show in char status.
    Xbox CW SS Renegade