test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Companions?

calutaxicalutaxi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
So I'm at the point where I'm really looking to upgrade some companions here. Wanted to get some ideas of what other people are using, and you guys all think are good.

I'm currently running around with: Merc, Rat, jester, druid, archer (pvp sword and white healer too, but inactive usually)
I know I should probably get an ioun stone, but I'm not 100% sure which one I want yet.

drake- Buddy suggested I get one of these, but I'm just about capped out on ArPen so I feel like it's a waste of half of his points.

Book imp- I haven't quite been able to find out if his active is basically +2% recovery? If so then i'd definitely think he's a solid one to add. But I'd love to hear what some of you guys think and have to say about this one.

Fire Archon- This also looks like a pretty solid choice.

Owl- looks like it might be good, but I run with a GF almost all of the time so I don't really see the need for threat reduction.

A lot of the other ones I've seen seem to be pretty 'meh". I'm mainly looking for either a decent active, or stats.
I'm probably going to go for an ioun stone and archon for sure, and the merc I think is pretty decent for now.

Currently sitting at around 13.5k GS with full SC, blue art MH, draconic off, purple lantern.
My stats are somewhere around: 44% crit, 23.X ArPen, 29% power dmg boost, and IIRC around 12% recovery (plan on upping recovery to 20-25%).

Comments

• raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    You need a stone as your companion. Ioun stone of allure or the red one from the dragon guy. I use the dragon guys one. Then just slot the ones you have with the best active bonuses. I'm curious to know some of the other bonuses as well.
  • zenghenzenghen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Currently I use Ioun for all my characters, just for the stat boosts alone.
  • hanoth2hanoth2 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Book imp is just 2% recovery but since its an active it doesnt effect and isn't effected by diminishing returns.
  • calutaxicalutaxi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    hanoth2 wrote: »
    Book imp is just 2% recovery but since its an active it doesnt effect and isn't effected by diminishing returns.

Yeah I decided to go with the book imp right after I posted that. I'd say it was a solid choice (and the price has spiked up quite a bit since then too).

I got pretty lucky and got a cultist key last week. So I kind of have getting him to purple as my current project.

Still haven't gotten an Ioun stone. I was more or less wanting the dragon one and I don't seem to ever get any scales. Now I'll probably still end up taking it if I ever get the rest of the scales I need, but from reading the PC forums I was kind of seeing that they are more or less obsolete (augment companions in general) come mod 6.
  • scarface666qcscarface666qc Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    On my TR I'm using the radiance stone(I might be crazy) but I've upgraded her to epic +165 to both stats, the same as the red dragon, but once 25 you have 2ring and a belt slot, so once 20 in jewelcrafting, 2 archmage ring and 1 belt with 2 slot, combined with the 3 offense slot it's awesome.

If you're in the executionner path, you must have dmg bonus while they below 40% hp, go with fire archon, i use it, good mix.

The dancing blade is also a good choice, I have it and soon will upgrade it to epic.

I have the Owl, and even with a good tank it happen sometime that I steal aggro, dont know if its because is useless or if it would be worst without it, but have no other good enought to replace 4 now so I keep it.

I also have the assassin drake, but like you said, im over the armor pen cap, so i will get rid of it as soon as I get my hand on the one we can have in the well of dragon daily, sorry I dont remember the name.

Hope it can help you, like I said in the beginning I might be a little crazy, spent many ad on my companions and planning to spend more.