test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GS-Report issue in WoD

kenjo12kenjo12 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Hey there , who else here has been yelled at and abused by the Wallet-warriors in WOD??

every 10 seconds there is a spam in zone to REPORT anyone below 13k GS for entering Tiamat...

if they took the time wasted on stuff like that and researched the fight they would know its more about CoOrdinating your efforts than GS ! ..

had 50% of the group being 10.2k GS and the rest of us at 13.5+ and we beat the encounter with about 5min to spare !

Comments

• Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    People are under the misguided assumption that Gear Score = Skill. The reality is that a a knowledgeable and skilled person who understands stat distribution will be a far better asset than someone who just equips whatever they can to pad their GS. My 13k SW consistently out performs 16k+ SWs, same with my CW. So in essence GS mean absolutely nothing and I can not wait until Xbox catches up to the PC and does away with GS.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    Also, they can "report" from now till the Nine Hells freeze over. It will do nothing at all.
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Learn to ignore idiots. Many spam nonsense in zone chat. They can report you all day long for a lower gear score to no avail.

On a constructive note, the term wallet warrior is deragatory and takes you to thier level. I play well, spend some money, grind and have a 16k gs...am I one? It's cool if you play for free, but remember the game exists and functions because some of us spend money to support the game. ;)
  • Options
    I agree that money is what keeps Neverwinter alive and have no problem with spending cash on this game. However, the term Wallet Warrior is used to describe people who do not understand game mechanics and just bought all of their equipment with cash. You can easily get to level 60 without having a good grasp on how to set up your stats, feats, powers and gear to be efficient. Then once a player with minimal knowledge reaches level 60 and has the cash to spend they simply buy whatever equipment will make their GS higher. So running a dungeon or raid with these people is frustrating to say the least. They do not grind or even put in the research to make themselves useful. I for one do not find the term derogatory and I spend cash here and there as well. It, in my opinion, would only offend someone who has done as I described here. Also, they seem to have a superiority complex and assume everyone with a lower GS is inferior or has not purchased anything with cash.
  • Options
    I see your point on some levels for sure, but would agree to disagree about the term. Using any label on a player is just setting yourself up with an assumption of how they will play based off of that. A few of the best players I know have spent way more than me and are fantastic at the game. Yes, there are people who have super high gear scores clearly from spending, and have no idea how to play. A good amount of the high gear score are also of the boot and loot variety and may have spent zero.

I am of the mindset that your own words have power and set a tone for how you and others interact. Those players you speak of will not just go away, and clearly we are all forced to team together by the game design. If they have good players who guide and help them during dungeons or teaming up, they could get better.
  • Options
    I will agree to disagree regarding the term as well. I also try my best to help people when I am grouped with them. It is far better to try and help them become better players than to simply do what some do and kick them. At that point they learn nothing and may end up just leaving the game altogether. Of course there are also people who get offended when you try to help them. Catch-22 lol.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My advice (as a player, and not as a moderator) would be to report the guy for spamming. Problem solved.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    hipranger1hipranger1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I am of the mindset that your own words have power and set a tone for how you and others interact. Those players you speak of will not just go away, and clearly we are all forced to team together by the game design. If they have good players who guide and help them during dungeons or teaming up, they could get better.

Nice, Bluedood. Well said.
  • Options
    dyi4ndyi4n Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Op you couldn't be anymore wrong if you tried... For starters you didn't inspect everyone in your raid, if somehow you had then it would have taken half the encounter not contributing.

And how do you know it will be to no avail? They raised the gs req on pc... Simple fact is too many ppl are lacking armor pen.

Imo the 10k req to even enter the wod zone itself is too low, its common knowledge the gs req's are always too low and always have been. You accept it in old dungeons, why is this any different???
  • Options
    They removed GS on pc, so how did they manage to raise the GS requirement? lol
  • Options
    I do not like either tbh. It just puts a label on people regardless of skill. That being said GS is worse imo because you can pad it with stats in the wrong place. It make you appear more capable than you really are. Of course you can do the same with TIL but at least it takes more into account.
  • Options
    dyi4ndyi4n Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    They removed gs in mod 6...........
  • Options
    dyi4n wrote: »
    They removed gs in mod 6...........

We already went over that! What do you think though? GS or TIL? It seems to be where this topic is going. Should make for a lively debate!
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I say remove the view of your GS from other players all together. IF you can enter the zone (ie Dungeon, Skirmish, Event whatever) then you should be "known" as having sufficient. There are too many elitist out there basing everything on GS alone and it is truly sad. I just got my Cleric to 14k GS and could easily pad it with using 2 and 2, but choose to stick with a 4 set bonus over 2 and 2 to help the group and not my own selfish need to pad a score that is pointless.

My opinion anyways on the matter
    Post edited by draven165 on
  • Options
    heaney74heaney74 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Over these so called experts that spend the whole time spaming the chat

Id like to see the bottom 5 from each 25 group blocked to play Tiamat dungeon for 4hours.

Would stop people from quitting and doing nothing

And give the people that probably aren't ready to have a few goes aday but spend time other ways building there character

• Options
    Gear score aside, I have done things with high and low to various results. What would be usefull instead of a score requirement would be completing different levels of difficulty to earn entry to the final raid. Perhaps each tier being a sneaky way to teach players each of the functions of the raid.

+1 on a penalty for low placement and quitting before complete, these two things would curb some of the issues.
  • Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    If you haven't done anything against the ToS, they can report you until the cows come home. They will probably get in trouble for false reports if anything. Ignore them.
  • Options
    cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'll say this now, I don't agree with them saying "report below 13k", but they do have a point behind all the ranting and raving....

The game is all about progression. You get to lvl 60, then grind T1 dungeons and Skirms for the T1 sets. Then, move onto T2, etc etc....

The issue is people are skipping this (and the learning curve behind it) because they "meet the requirement".
    An example of this was yesterday for me, while waiting for Tiamat to unlock a person requested to join my group. I declined. I then inspected said person. He was a FRESH 10k GSer with 1 piece of T1 gear... Now. You tell me as a person who is higher will be happy on having him on your team against Tiamat.... Speak up AND THE TRUTH please... I politely said in PM to him "I recommend you go do more T1s before you attempt Tiamat"; the response "#$£* off wallet warrior, Ill do what I want" (I'm not wallet warrior, just a guy with 15.9k SW who's worked hard and played the game correctly).

Tiamat is near as hard as Castle Never, and we all know (if you've done it) without a decent team, completing this is near impossible, and that has a GS requirement; this doesn't mean person with this MINIMUM requirement will be any good.
    And, since WoD and the Draconic Herald that ALL T1 AND T2 gear are cheap as chips now, so making SKIPPING and increasing your GS NO issue.

This is why people are complaining...

Not because they're the "boot n looters" and getting bitten for past sins, wallet warriors, elitists or whatever you wanna call 'em. They are just pissed that this can still happen even with how easy it is to boost AND help your GS with LITTLE effort.

Yes, it's a game; BUT if you insist on playing it out of how it was designed you're gonna get people like this saying things. Simply because people are "too eager" and wanting to be carried too much in this game.
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • Options
    spyd3r85spyd3r85 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    bluedood wrote: »
    Gear score aside, I have done things with high and low to various results. What would be usefull instead of a score requirement would be completing different levels of difficulty to earn entry to the final raid. Perhaps each tier being a sneaky way to teach players each of the functions of the raid.

+1 on a penalty for low placement and quitting before complete, these two things would curb some of the issues.

I like these idea for the most part though I don't think pure dmg is scored highly enough (for how VERY important it is on the heads atleast) in comparison to classes that toss healing (and over-healing) all over while doing far less dmg. If you are a dmg dealer you should be able to put out X DPS....if you are a healer then X HPS and a tank ....IDK lol. Mitigate X DPS I guess. If people can do that somehow at 2k GS that's fine but I doubt it. It takes some monster dps to ensure you get the heads down in plenty of time. I am not one to settle for scrapping through by the skin of your teeth...a little bad luck and it could have gone the other way. When you have the world shattering dps to drop a head from 100 to 20% in under 20 secs you can have all kinds of things go bad (lag, DCs, unlucky crits / procs, etc) and still pull it off.

The thing is, people that say gear isn't everything are right but the people saying gear means nothing are just silly. If it meant nothing why even do anything at all at 60? After all its all about gear post-60 lol. You need the gear (with good stat distribution) AND the skill AND the build AND the knowledge. NOT "OR", "AND"! lol.
  • Options
    dudepants76dudepants76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's still a mistake. The campaign and dungeon order is messed up now. Why bother with CN or ELOL? You can just jump in tiamat and maybe you'll get free loot better than dungeons you don't even qualify for.

I don't blame the 10-13k people. If I were them, i'd join, too. I blame the oversight of the project managers and designers at perfect world for removing any sense of order or need to run previous lvl 60 dungeons.
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    cyberguts wrote: »
    I'll say this now, I don't agree with them saying "report below 13k", but they do have a point behind all the ranting and raving....

The game is all about progression. You get to lvl 60, then grind T1 dungeons and Skirms for the T1 sets. Then, move onto T2, etc etc....

The issue is people are skipping this (and the learning curve behind it) because they "meet the requirement".
    An example of this was yesterday for me, while waiting for Tiamat to unlock a person requested to join my group. I declined. I then inspected said person. He was a FRESH 10k GSer with 1 piece of T1 gear... Now. You tell me as a person who is higher will be happy on having him on your team against Tiamat.... Speak up AND THE TRUTH please... I politely said in PM to him "I recommend you go do more T1s before you attempt Tiamat"; the response "#$£* off wallet warrior, Ill do what I want" (I'm not wallet warrior, just a guy with 15.9k SW who's worked hard and played the game correctly).

Tiamat is near as hard as Castle Never, and we all know (if you've done it) without a decent team, completing this is near impossible, and that has a GS requirement; this doesn't mean person with this MINIMUM requirement will be any good.
    And, since WoD and the Draconic Herald that ALL T1 AND T2 gear are cheap as chips now, so making SKIPPING and increasing your GS NO issue.

This is why people are complaining...

Not because they're the "boot n looters" and getting bitten for past sins, wallet warriors, elitists or whatever you wanna call 'em. They are just pissed that this can still happen even with how easy it is to boost AND help your GS with LITTLE effort.

Yes, it's a game; BUT if you insist on playing it out of how it was designed you're gonna get people like this saying things. Simply because people are "too eager" and wanting to be carried too much in this game.

Absolutely this. Thanks for posting this good sir.
  • Options
    mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    It is very annoying that there is no need to run the dungeons now at all (perhaps CN for fun, ELOL for a chance at the horn..., and walk-in spell plague to grind refining stones). The risk/time - reward ratio is horribly messed up right now and this is likely part of the reason lower geared players are flocking to tiamat.
  • Options
    ^ agree on the scoring being based purely off dps making a placement penalty an issue. If there were some way to set a minimum contribution for the reward and ability to run again the next hour I would be on board.

There has certainly been a huge drop in game progression, to the point where it feels like the devs want us to catch up with pc. The economy tanking from wod release combined with vtk issues has made less people want to run dungeons. Learning to do each of the dungeons should teach you to play your toon, but it feels like many who que in are afraid of being kicked that it holds them back. The sheer excitement randoms have when they get a party invite in a dungeon and they get to play is repeatable. It's the same story over and over after we tell them we are a non kick group, we commiserate and then talk builds and game mechanics. This should happen in an MMO, team up and learn, share ideas, and have fun.

Gear score should not be the only deciding factor at all, however at this point we are playing with the cards that have been dealt.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    I find some of this quite funny, the guys whining about GS very often are the samne guys sabotaging the runs by sitting at the campfire after their first down.
    I have got my GS up to 12.5 approx (varies slightly depending on the gear I rollwith), I am always in the top 5 and usually in the top 3 every run, and yet the elites on 16 and 17k are sitting on their backsides in the respawn slagging us all off in Zone chat.

Seriously what is the point of that?
    I have not had a successful run even though I have had several where all heads where down to the last 10% and on the final wave a lot of the higher players just bail and sit out the last cleric run claiming there wont be enough time, newsflash guys if 10 players are sat on their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there certainly wont be.

As for progressing beyond my current gs, I have given up on dungeons like so many due to constant boot and loot
    After being kicked several dozen times right after the final boss on T2 dungeons you get the message loud and clear.

Not sure how this is ever going to be resolved tbh.
    All the whining and bitching in the world is not going to fix it, was looking at respeccing my GWF following the great advice on here, however I dont even know wheteher its worth bothering given the state of the community right now.

Just my two cents.