test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Shores Question

soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
Last night I queued up for epic shores and I got an instance where 3 of the players kept leaving the map and returning to instance... over and over and over. I tried asking what they were doing but no response. I waited 10 minutes before deciding to move on. Why would anyone do that?
My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
Haven - Righteous Cleric
Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin

Comments

• Options
    agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Most likely it was due to a bug where when you zone into a skirmish or dungeon it doesn't show your groupmates so you have to leave and return until it does.I noticed it the other night when I tried to run some dungeons for the first time in like two months so I'm not exactly sure how long it's been going on.
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • Options
    ipinkbellyipinkbelly Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have noticed this as well lately and I noticed that it seems to be people whom are in a guild together that are doing this. I've frequently been experiencing this and it is rather annoying.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    ipinkbelly wrote: »
    I have noticed this as well lately and I noticed that it seems to be people whom are in a guild together that are doing this. I've frequently been experiencing this and it is rather annoying.

This is the worst I've seen it to date. I have seen it before but it's usually about 2 players. 3 of us get started and the other 2 spots fill up. In those examples I just assumed they didn't get the group they wanted and left instead of kicking everyone else.

Last night it seemed like I was the only one that wanted to play. The others were all in different guilds. Why anyone would want to do that for so long instead of just finding a new instance is bizarre to me. Curiosity is the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    claddaghsoulcladdaghsoul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's simple. Now in the diary you can see the rewards. If you go out and then return in the instance the rewards change. Of course only in the left chest.
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    If you have ever queued and started to go into a game and got an error about the map manager not getting names and been right back out, the game instance has an issue as far as I can tell. Everyone coming in goes right back out until the issue clears up. afaik That's why sometimes in dungeons you'll have only 3 or whatever people and nobody else for a while. I'm guessing that's what was happening. (Sure, it could also have been people finding what was in the chest, quitting, and requeuing and getting put back in the same instance, but it doesn't have to have been.)
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    It's simple. Now in the diary you can see the rewards. If you go out and then return in the instance the rewards change. Of course only in the left chest.

It is this here ^

Players are now able to see what reward they are getting, have had people exit and enter 7 times to get the right item from a t2.

• Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    bluedood wrote: »

It is this here ^

Players are now able to see what reward they are getting, have had people exit and enter 7 times to get the right item from a t2.

Wow - didn't even realize this. Do you think this is intended or soon to be fixed?
  • Options
    kenjo12kenjo12 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    It does not work for ELOL.. you must complete the dungeon for the loot to change next time... so them leaving and joining on Elol where abit "thick"
  • Options
    gkjones85gkjones85 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    It's intended and was a part of the patch notes. Some groups join together and come and go for 3-4 hours till they all have artifacts show up in their journal for epic shores. Yes it's possible! Takes hundreds of in and outs but artifacts will show up. This is part of the reason why the economy has tanked and item prices are dirt cheap. Anyone can come and go until they get what they want. No longer having to do useless dungeon runs or just looking to the AH for their gear.

Chuck Norris-DC