test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new queue

Ever since they 'fixed' the queue, I have found it just about impossible to find a queue session with any characters other than my Tank and Cleric. On any other character, I have to wait between 30-50 minutes before I find anything, and usually someone changed their mind at the last second or didn't respond, so it sends you back into the search. When I play as a Tank or Cleric, I find match ups in less than 5 minutes. I don't know what they did exactly, but it just seems harder for some characters to search than others.

Comments

• Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I find it takes longer but it works a little better (not by much though) than the last queing system. I'm still getting into games with two clerics or no clerics about half the time with is better from a third of the time.

I find it quicker to que for elol or shores.
  • Options
    cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    The time to queue is probably down to a few reasons:

1) People prefer to farm WoD encounters now due to personal loot drops from completing. And these can be farmed faster, and yield better return for drops (as you don't have to need/greed roll)

2) Down to all the Boot n Loot antics that happen due to need/greed roll

3) Due to 2), people are running Dungeons and Skirmishes with pre-mades; and requiring to PUG queue
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • Options
    friedarmenianfriedarmenian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    As a GWF , I have noticed getting in to dungeons with better results....and quicker on the top of the hour after the Heralds have been thoroughly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Also, for me, I am always the only GWF qued except in ELOL. Win for me.

On a sad note, Still getting kicked for purple goodies unless I join a team of 3 before queing. At least the xbox chat doesn't lag like the game.
    Huh....I thought Ballsdeep was a location in Lord of the Rings.

Xbox Avatar=FriedArmenian
    Level 60 GWF=Buckaroofury
  • Options
    majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    It is because they reverted back a bit to how the queue system worked on release, the game puts more focus on finding 3 dps, 1 tank, 1 cleric. It takes longer as a dps to queue because you are fighting against a lot more people for the same number of spots. I have also found for some reason, changing zones helps move the queue.
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    not sure I agree with you Majik518. I have queued for loads on dungeons, and the vast majority of the runs are 5 dps. Occasionally there will be a tank or healer, but out of over 100 runs I have not been in a group with both a tank and healer from the start
  • Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Yeah, my Cw has to wait a long time as well in the queue. One issue I have is queue to the final boss all the time. Rarely have I started at the beginning and just jump to the end to fill a spot that someone gave up on since they party is too weak to take on the final boss.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    out of curiosity, what are you queueing for thats taking so long? I can get into a regular shores, epic shores or epic lostmouth with my rogue, cleric or wizard in less than 3 minutes.. every time.

I don't even try to queue for anything else solo, but when I run with guildies, the 3 or 4 of us don't have to wait for more than a few minutes. this is for PK or Spider Queen or CN. Maybe you're running dungeons or skirmishes that just aren't popular enough for large people to queue for it?
  • Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I've been queuing at the 7500 and 6800 level Epic Dungeons. It seems anything higher and I'm either Kicked or I'm not strong enough with my 9.8K CW.
  • Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    attorn97 wrote: »
    out of curiosity, what are you queueing for thats taking so long? I can get into a regular shores, epic shores or epic lostmouth with my rogue, cleric or wizard in less than 3 minutes.. every time.

I don't even try to queue for anything else solo, but when I run with guildies, the 3 or 4 of us don't have to wait for more than a few minutes. this is for PK or Spider Queen or CN. Maybe you're running dungeons or skirmishes that just aren't popular enough for large people to queue for it?

I'm queuing for Dread Vault as it is the required dungeon for both Daily Dungeon and Lord Protector's Daily Dungeon.
  • Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    bkthomson wrote: »
    I've been queuing at the 7500 and 6800 level Epic Dungeons. It seems anything higher and I'm either Kicked or I'm not strong enough with my 9.8K CW.

I know the feeling, back when I was about to defeat Castle Never, some butt War Cleric joined in because we lost a guy and he kept spamming the chat with "Hey guys, I'm a 15k+ GS Cleric" like he was trying to get them to take a hint that I should be kicked because I was only barely 11k. TBH, GS don't mean squat if your specs suck and let me tell you that guy may have had a lot of power (it was like 4,000 or something), but his defense was pretty low (it was literally barely even 700 and his health was around the 31,000 area). I would bet anything he was the first to drop and it probably didn't take much. Getting a high gear score usually asks you to sacrifice what you're trying to build unless you really know what you're doing and looking for. But still, I've seen people under 10k GS kick some serious butt.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    What I find frustrating about the new queue system is that people will quit right away and I 've been in a few dungeons now where we had to sit and wait for the revolving door of quitters before we find one whose need to actually play outweigh their own selfishness.
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I run with a pretty static group of players, but there are still times we need to find randoms to fill the team because the que rarely pops up for anything other than PK(which we dislike running). Finding players in LFG chat has been the only way we can run with the que in it's current state.

On a tangent, if any of you are trying to run T2s I am always willing to throw a group together. Online daily between 6pm and 10pm pacific, send me a message on live@oox SNAP xoo