test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issues post RoT update

thewildsquidapusthewildsquidapus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I'll list these issues from biggest issue to least issue
PvP crashes - Sometimes it happens for seemingly no reason. When it does it takes what feels like an eternity log back in and when I do sometimes I get a leaver penalty. It irritates me to high heaven because I had no control over the game crashing over me. Guess I'm stuck waiting at Moonstone Mask for thirty minutes.
DCs crashing PvP - If you have three DCs in the match you can count on it crashing either the enemy team, your team, or both.
Loot - It still big. The only difference now is that you have to tab over and then press B to get out of it. That will nearly kill you. I would love to see an option pre game where you can filter what loot it shows you. IE: value, class, type
AFK during matches - I run into these jerk players that will sit in the spawn area for the whole match if their team is behind just 100 points. I understand that if they are inactive for a long enough time they get kicked out with a leaver penalty, but then we would be one short because people can't join matches in progress. In hindsight it doesn't fix anything.
PE Spamming - It's still a big issue. I'm still seeing people advertising scam sites like [Do not mention this link here as it's basically advertising for them, thanks]
Dragons stability - When farming dragons it gets really laggy for me. I don't even want to try battling Tiamat when the servers can't handle just one dragon.

Please fix these issue. I've been playing a lot less because the game is almost unplayable. :(
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• zenghenzenghen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    The buzzing and lag is happening more frequently than before. Almost all of it is in WoD, after I spend a few minutes there, it will buzz and then lag. No disconnect except for the very last one.

Also I'm getting the buzzing and then crash to dash just logging in characters more frequently now also.

The lag at dragons seems to be worse, whether it's the normal five daily dragons or the WoD ones.
  • ronlabeeronlabee Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    At the last couple dragons that I have participated in, I noticed a couple different things.
    1_ in 1 scenario, there was very few casters...spell casting types, it was mostly melee, and we tore down the dragon with very little lag issues.

Now I went to a different zone, to help with the next dragon where there was about the same amount of people, but was melee lite, mostly casters, and i was skipping around all over the darn place. Is it the spell magic graphics that is causing the game to lag? The animation or something?

2 Well of dragons I noticed that i have 0 lag in the zone when solo or with just 2 or 3 more individuals who are visually on my screen. Now when you add 1 or 2 more people to my screen, my lag spikes for a second, then catches up when they are still on the screen, or when they leave.

When a group of individuals comes rushing on the screen, i see the lag the most, and they typically are just running through, no attacking of anything or casting of anything, just on mounts. Sometimes my screen will turn WHITE on the environment as if it is not picking up the graphics of the territory/mounts/characters. After a big lag spike, it all catches up and everything then appears.

Im not sure if that helps, but I do notice this in almost every instance
    Another bug I found this morning; attachments are stuck in the mailbox. I only have 3 mails with attachments and all 3 items can not be taken out.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Inre: The PE Spam. I have recently begun combing over the Terms of Service Microsoft has in place for Xbox as well as the developers ToS. Microsoft has a TON of information I had no idea was there. There is an entire section regarding the spam that we see advertising a site.

Takes from Microsoft Website:
    Section H in the Code of Conduct:

H. Fraud & Commerce
    •Accounts and Gamertags are non-transferable. Do not purchase accounts or Gamertags from third parties.
    •Do not access or attempt to access accounts that you do not own.
    •Do not purchase Xbox Live Gold memberships, games, Microsoft Points, or any additional content from unauthorized third parties.
    •Do not attempt to use or share fraudulent methods to obtain content or Microsoft Points.
    •Do not use your account to trade services or in-game content for currency or Microsoft Points.
    •Do not use Xbox Live for any commercial purpose:◦You may only create an account for yourself as an individual.
    You may not create or use an account for your corporation or any other business entity.
    You may not advertise any product or service in your profile or by any other means on Xbox Live.

•Do not resell or redistribute any part of the Live Service or access to the Live Service.

So to sum up in my opinion, "IF" the developers allow this practice to take place they are in essence promoting a violation of Microsoft's Code of Conduct. This is why they implemented the report feature. Although the turn around time on them actually removing these players is horrid. I reported one spammer when I logged in for professions before work at 5am CST and then after the kids went to bed that night I logged in and the same spammer was still doing their thing. In most cases it takes days to remove one spammer. If this were my company, there would be an in game Game Master with the ability to immediately ban an account. There whole 8 hour shift would comprise of banning these spammers.

Just my opinion of course.
  • thatf1uffybunnythatf1uffybunny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have found an incredibly annoying bug. The refinement chances. They seem to be less than the stated chance, because I have had most of my trials to fail, even in the lower levels such as 2 and 3. Level 5 is now incredibly expensive and nigh impossible to level up.
  • thewildsquidapusthewildsquidapus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but multiple times today I will cast killing flames on an almost dead rogue in PvP and they go stealth right after and then reappear and it has done no damage. They should have died from that. Is that a bug or some ability that rogues have that I'm not aware of. Also right after posting this I've noticed the issue with tabbing over and backing out of the loot system has been fixed. Hallelujah!
  • thewildsquidapusthewildsquidapus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    zenghen wrote: »
    The buzzing and lag is happening more frequently than before. Almost all of it is in WoD, after I spend a few minutes there, it will buzz and then lag. No disconnect except for the very last one.

Also I'm getting the buzzing and then crash to dash just logging in characters more frequently now also.

The lag at dragons seems to be worse, whether it's the normal five daily dragons or the WoD ones.
    Most of the time I can't even get into WoD so I gave up on that for the time being. I get server issues either right after spawning or during the loading screen.

Just did a Tiamat run. Was rubber banding all over the place and died. Stuck in the respawn room where I kept rubber banding all over again for 5 minutes. Did a hard boot and came back and was stuck in the death screen. Tried relogging back in, but got the server delay message in red. Honestly I thought that all the preparation time and delays was specifically so this game wouldn't lag like this during the raid.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Yeah the lag in Tiamat can get pretty bad, had a few instances where you are running to the dragons head and get lagged right off the cliff.
    Funny in retrospect but annoying when it happens :)
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    The machine gun click/click/click, random freezing, crashing to dashboard, and seemingly completely random "server not responding" is out of hand.

Some nights game runs fine, some nights the game is unplayable... Some nights it starts fine then out of nowhere becomes completely unplayable.

Tiamat being a 1 time an hour event on a timer magnifies these issues.
  • dirtyi30dirtyi30 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Critical Severity Boon is broken. Only raises you 0.1% instead of 1.5%. Put a ticket in and was linked to these threads.
    ~Neverworks~