test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leveling up from 60-70

rothbard11rothbard11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Has something changed recently? I'm trying to level my CW from 60 to 70 and it is taking an eternity. I'm starting Spinward Rise and and I'm only barely at level 66 (and this is with Tyranny of Dragon quests, skirmishes, dungeons, special events, and about three days of the 2x Experience event we had a couple of weeks ago). I can't recall it being nearly this much of a grind with any of the other three characters I've leveled to 70.

I thought the purpose of increasing the XP for all the Elemental vigilance tasks was to make the 60-70 leveling less ridiculously grindy. If so, then mission fail -- I'll be lucky to even be to level 68 when I'm done with Spinward.

Comments

• greenkrickettgreenkrickett Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    They hate new players they dont WANT new players.. Took me 8 hours to get 1 level yesterday 62-63 I dont have that kind of time as a casual player so I am out since they hate us new players.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Before the xp change leveling to 70 felt like punishment, dunno what it would be like now.
  • mikeofarcmikeofarc Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    They upped the required XP to gain a level. So ya, 68 is where you usually get your level 70 weapon now. So you start Dread Ring and Sharandar at 68 and continue to do the Spinward and Fiery Pit dungeons until you are 70.

Or until you die from severe head trauma after repeatedly bashing it against the desk in frustration.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Just look in the ZEN shop, and you will find the reason for changing the XP needed for 60-70... new XP booster.
    And those XP booster cost as much as a new game.
    Perhaps some Dev will read this post and realise, that they drive more people away from the game with such stunts... i know, not going to happen, but one can dream.
    But perhaps those XP booster are really selling... who knows?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • baocatbaocat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    It's a grind. Add into that, IMO the 60+ areas are so darn monotonous and boooring. Usually, I LIKE leveling. I generally play to level an army of alts - could care less about end game (I know, that's kinda weird, but for whatever reason it humors me.)

For me, this is now like pulling teeth. 10 levels of repetitive trash. Like taking end game dailies and making you do them for 10 levels. Joy.

But wait! there's more total awesomeness!

We're going through the zones... backwards. Oooh. That makes it supah special.

It's enough to make you want to join the bad guys and burn whole zones to the ground.

Alignment change for the win?