test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we have a new pvp type please

greenkrickettgreenkrickett Member Posts: 85 Arc User
Domination is all we have had since the beginning. I would LOVE to see a capture the flag type game, and maybe something bigger that requires some real strategy to win (not GG) which is nothing but a horse race.

Capture the flag would be HUGE and I would LOVE to have this implemented in the game.

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Wait until Strongholds comes out.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    shillaenshillaen Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    i am more like RvR daoc type..or GW2.....200ppl vs 200ppl...mega lag hahaha
    but its fun...daoc can do it so PWE please.....guild vs guild..mmmm..only big guild wins..boring,,lol
    hahah...
  • Options
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Wait until Strongholds comes out.[/quot

I am sure it will be fun for a bit but I am not really bug on massive 20+ vs 20+ pvp matches
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    shillaen wrote: »
    but its fun...daoc can do it so PWE please.....guild vs guild..mmmm..only big guild wins..boring,,lol
    hahah...

As its now only very very big guild will be able to join. I think to midnight express and stop.
    Remember that only 75 account are allowed per guild. This means 1/4 or your guild logged in, willing to pvp and with time to wait for another guild in the same conditions.
    It will fail

• Options
    edited July 2015
    It is set for 20v20... as I know.
    rayrdan wrote: »
    As its now only very very big guild will be able to join. I think to midnight express and stop.
    Remember that only 75 account are allowed per guild. This means 1/4 or your guild logged in, willing to pvp and with time to wait for another guild in the same conditions.
    It will fail

ALL guilds are capable of joining this... IF THEY SO DESIRE. They are all based on their size... SM, Med and Lrg... a Sm can ONLY fight a Lrg guild if they choose to... from what I have read.

The MAX amount of accounts for Guilds is 150 and that is for a Lrg guild.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    what I am more worried about is... can Crytpic's server handle the mass pvp maps....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    That has been my question.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    icyphish wrote: »
    what I am more worried about is... can Crytpic's server handle the mass pvp maps....

I think this is the reason for the map being this big. It should reduce lag i suppose
  • Options
    What I like about this is due to it's nature of being guild-based... there will be less leavers.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I would LOVE to see a capture the flag type game, and maybe something bigger that requires some real strategy to win (not GG) which is nothing but a horse race.

Capture the flag would be HUGE and I would LOVE to have this implemented in the game.

I've wanted CTF since Beta. A place where class differences could help roles. A place where low item level players could contribute. A place where lower ping people could still help the team.

Domination is fun. Gauntlegrym is fun. But Capture The Flag, if done right, would be the most fun by a wide margin.
  • Options
    shillaenshillaen Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    vexus99 wrote: »
    I would LOVE to see a capture the flag type game, and maybe something bigger that requires some real strategy to win (not GG) which is nothing but a horse race.

I've wanted CTF since Beta. A place where class differences could help roles. A place where low item level players could contribute. A place where lower ping people could still help the team.

Domination is fun. Gauntlegrym is fun. But Capture The Flag, if done right, would be the most fun by a wide margin.

hmmmm.......
    rescue hostage? and bom? lol ....
    could be fun hahahaha
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    CTF, could be fun but how you balance 50% -mount vs. 140% mount... or TR hides with flag etc. could be fun to look, but might be difficult to make work.

...some other game modes and it needs to pick other game...
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    gromm1t wrote: »
    CTF, could be fun but how you balance 50% -mount vs. 140% mount... or TR hides with flag etc. could be fun to look, but might be difficult to make work.

Just make the flag still visible when a rogue carries it when stealth. Kindof hard to hide a big huge flag. This could be similar to how Ioun stones revealed rogues in IWD. It would not be too hard to balance this kind of game. If tanks and healers became way too good and unkillable while carrying the flag, could just remove the ability to use shift while carrying it.

• Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    There will be another mode where team who spend more $ wins.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Please, no more objective driven pvp. What we need is some sort of arena, where we can test builds and strategies, 1 vs 1. A real pvp mode, aka. Deathmatch/Teamdeathmatch would also be a great addition. Back in the days, pvp used to be all about getting kills... Now a days it's all about: "Capture this, capture that." "The enemy has taken this, the enemy has taken that.", which is kind of cool,too.. if it wasn't the primary and only pvp type.

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    shillaen wrote: »
    hahah...

Can't be done. Cryptics MMO/graphic engine is fifteen years old -- it can barely handle Tiamat.
    ​​
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    An "action" MMO like this needs.....

Murder Ball (was called Capture the Relic in Rift)

I made an example PvP Murderball arena in foundry:
    NW-DOPVXMYH9 PvP-MB Murder Ball (Could be used as an Arena as well)​​
  • Options
    gromm1t wrote: »

Easy really.

1: All mounts at highest or lowest speed
    2: Trs cant stealth while holding flag

In WoWs CTF if a Rogue stealthed while holding the flag the flag dropped and should do so here as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I loved the WoW version of CTF... as a rogue.

I would be psyched for a one on one gladiator match... where other people could watch. I am also interested in the Murder Ball concept. If you know the story behind the Murder Ball concept it makes it more interesting.
    Post edited by drkbodhi on
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    The ONLY problem I just realized would be un-killable dcs and Palys they would have to be fixed first.
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME 1 VS 1 PVP.... LET ME CHALLENGE SOME GUY JUST BECAUSE I WANNA KICK HIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> OR GET MINE HANDED TO ME... WOULD BE AWESOME TO SEE SOME 1 VS 1 ...( AND NO....ICEWIND DALE PVP OPEN WORLD ZONE IS TOO MUCH A BOTHER TO GO THERE ONLY TO KICK SOME GUY'S <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...IT NEEDS TO BE DONE WHILE ITS HOT...)
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    JUST PLAY SWTOR TO SEE WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT