test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150618a.5

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)
Content and Environment
• Sharandar: The following Sharandar instance quests no longer require three daily Sharandar quests to be completed before they can be taken: Trouble Brewing, Tower of Celadaine.
• Spinward Rise: Nimbus Tower: The cutscene for Cirrus Skyseeker should now play once for the entire party instead of once for each individual who enters the room.

Items and Econonomy
• Death Slaad: Active Companion Bonus poison damage will now be resistible and cannot be applied faster than once per second. The damage over time's duration will also be a static 10 seconds.
• Invocation: Lowering the coupon drop rate from Invocation bags to 25% from 100%.
• Transcendent Terror and Vorpal Enchantments: Now properly reduce the targets defense instead of increasing it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9444783

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Hmmm! The first invocation of the day issue is not fixed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ohbrioneohbrione Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I too have that problem! It seems to be a pretty small list of fixes!
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    First invoke of the day bug is very minor, I'd rather they dropped less coupons. It takes more time to deal with all the coupons than to invoke twice the first time.
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Are u kidding me ? The patch note are this ? only that are fixed ? Sorry but i really don't understand, have a lot of issues in the game, the lag, the Tiamat that impossible to do, the Epics DG and the fix are "meia duzia de bug meia boca" ? Thats a kidding, and a kidding of bad taste.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'll have to think about upgrading my vorpal!
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    They're coming off a long holiday weekend - I didn't really expect much. Really wish right-clicking invocation rewards and choosing "use" didn't instead slot the stack in my bar, tho. Course, I haven't actually reported it or looked to see if anyone else has reported it. lol
  • araraguyararaguy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Honestly thought that a change to either the overflow xp or the rate of power points would be inbound since right now it'll take months to acquire enough to max out you key powers.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    They're coming off a long holiday weekend - I didn't really expect much. Really wish right-clicking invocation rewards and choosing "use" didn't instead slot the stack in my bar, tho. Course, I haven't actually reported it or looked to see if anyone else has reported it. lol

They fixed this, however I noticed it started occurring again - I use the invocation bonuses from my bag...

Also a nerf to the Death Slaad - really? We've shown you the stats from ACT where this is NOT overly powerful. Just because someone posted a video where it looks to be insane does not give grounds for a nerf... And whilst I agree the 2+ mins duration was silly, 10 secs is the other end of the stupid stick.
  • mark88arsitekmark88arsitek Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    DEV. please.. fix the aura courage (paladin skill ). instead of buff the paladin. its killing them. and also some several aura, instead of buff them , its buff the attacker with full damage (ignoring 100% full elemental set pvp armor )
  • adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Maybe a fix to still of the forest would be too much to hope?
  • Mr. ShuMr. Shu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    • Transcendent Terror and Vorpal Enchantments: Now properly reduce the targets defense instead of increasing it.

Nice Work!!!
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    I'm NOWHERE near transcendant but now that I'm upgrading enchants I can understand players' upset over the enemy buffs. Good job on fixing this one :)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

If you do that near the battle field, the invocation blessing will be "used" instead of slotted. If you do that in the "peaceful area", it is slotted. I am not saying that is the proper behaviour but something I observed and act accordingly for now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    It's disappointing that there is no mention of the lag that has developed in the past few weeks. I went from almost no lag to frequent rubber banding.
    The coupon drop rate reduction is a good change. Especially since I already spent all my zen on impulse buys and won't be buying more for at least a few weeks.
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    It only took you several months to fix vorpals :P Still, I'm glad. And also glad unlike so many others I know, I didn't sell my t.vorpal after I realised it was bugged. Patience repaid me for once! lol
  • preordernowpreordernow Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    cool story bro they still have not fixed hastening light for the dc and its been bugged since before february
  • braceguilderbraceguilder Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    It should be obvious by this time that they are more dedicated to strongholds rather than fixing the compelling issues pve has been facing for 3 months now.

Even all the big news revolve around the coming module.

Have fun playing Dungeons & Dragons.
  • hrothdarhrothdar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    when are you going to fix the inscribed leather shirt for the hunter ranger, it shows as inscribed leather pants and what's with the Cloak Tower Dungeon needs fixed since its a major part of any half-Orc storyline (can't talk to Vansi's ghost if you didn't kill her in the cloak tower).
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    DEV. please.. fix the aura courage (paladin skill ). instead of buff the paladin. its killing them. and also some several aura, instead of buff them , its buff the attacker with full damage (ignoring 100% full elemental set pvp armor )

This is news. which auras are the problem? Maybe this is why SW can melt OP now within secs.

• odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    cool story bro they still have not fixed hastening light for the dc and its been bugged since before february

Unless there is a new exploit it should be fixed. I play a DC and am pretty sure that hastening light does not give unlimited dailies anymore.

• daisojindaisojin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    and the pure ranks? what about the pure ranks?! don't tell me only transcendent works and pure doesnt?!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    odnnauq wrote: »

Unless there is a new exploit it should be fixed. I play a DC and am pretty sure that hastening light does not give unlimited dailies anymore.

Then people must have found a way around it. I'm still getting unlimited dailies being around DCs in pvp.

Also, I can imagine how @#$%ed people are over the death slaad. Advertised as account-wide, now sorta overnerfed.
This discussion has been closed.