test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stacking Defense Reduction + Damage taken

pureacousicpureacousic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I'm trying to think of a controlled way to upping my damage output in a semi-burst manner, and I'm curious if my theory would work... or if there's a better setup I could use...

I currently a Lvl 60 - human - HR (trapper)

Race Reroll to Drow (dark fire - 5% chance to reduce defense by 10% for 4 seconds)
Perfect Plague Fire (reduce defense by 15% + the other perks of PF)
Lantern of Revelations (Increase damage by 16% for 6 seconds)

I have yet to play a Drow so I'm not sure if this will work, but I'm thinking you'd get a prompt on screen when your Dark Fire goes off - if that's the case, then you could quickly throw down Lantern of Revelations, and hope that you can still create stacks of PF for the Def Reduction...

Does the Defense Reduction stack for both PF and DF?

Is there a better setup I could be using?

Comments

• arexarex Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I play an L60 HR, started as Drow and unfortunately......

No animation for the Darkfire, at least with Drow. I haven't played the Mezz. Renegade.

I ended up going with Dragonborn (and now Metallic) to get the increased crit and bonus damage from my artifact (20% damage bonus to the dragon heart artifacts), they also look cool.

I have tried PF and Vorpal enchantments, I was a PF fan until I hit Perfect Vorpal, given the frequency of criticals, this has made a huge difference (particularly with DoT and AoE encounters), but for a group support role, I would still slot the PF.

The lantern is good, but knowing when to fire it off is the challenge. I still carry mine but my primary is the Red Dragon Heart from the Dragonborn pack, direct damage with that Dragonborn bonus.

Remember that switching from Human means three fewer feats, take that into account when looking at what your overall DPS will be.

Make sure you read and understand about the diminishing returns for stats, you may find that you have some room there to improve damage. We HRs accrue a lot of Armor Pen and if you are PVE focus, some of that should be changed over to other stats to ensure you are getting the most out of your toon.
  • atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    From what I've read, defense reductions in pve content don't actually reduce defense on enemies. Instead, it's a flat damage buff. So yes, they stack nicely. Read Kaelec's guide if you want to learn more about debuffs/buffs

On my tank I run greater plaguefire (we don't have perfect yet, btw) and use the legendary lantern as my artifact. As a team, in ELoL, we pop all our lanterns/debuffs at once and burn him to phase 2 in about 10 sec. So, yeah, stacking debuffs, especially on bosses, is very effective.
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
  • pureacousicpureacousic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Thanks for the insight guys.

Arex, what's your Crit at right now? I'm currently working on getting both my crit and deflect up, while dropping ArmPen. I'm not on the game at the moment, but if I'm not mistaken, my crit is at 2200 and armpen is 2700. Both my defense and deflect are at 2100, and my strength is 3100.

At the moment I'm saving up for Greater (thanks Atlas) Plague Fire... but if you're getting a lot of Crits, then I might start considering Vorpal

And just so you guys know, I mainly PvP so my questions are in regards to making my character better for that.

• arexarex Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Crit is currently just under 41%, with our quick attacks and rotation I see plenty of Orange damage numbers, crit severity is 80.4% plus the vorpal.