test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

does a reinforcement kit work on companion equiped items?

zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
If I put a stamina gain kit on a ring and then equip that ring on my ion stone, do I get the benefits on my guardian fighter?

Best Answers

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    As I said... the boost though may not be worth the cost of making or buying the item.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited July 2015 Answer ✓
    Yes, but only on "old" ratings. As for now, only Regeneration as both Stamina and APG are "new" ratings.
    Also, no one statistic is augmented.

Answers

• Options
    edited July 2015
    It will not work... that I know of. The companion accessories are rather new...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I'm not sure what your saying.

If I take one of the greater stamina or action point gain kits and reinforce a ring with it, then equip the ring to my ion stone, will my character gain the benefit? It being an augment companion and applying stats to my character and all.
  • Options
    I am saying that I do not believe you can reinforce a ring that goes on a companion. If you can... I think the benefit to your character would be minimal... at best. Definitely not enough to be worth the cost of making it or buying it.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    from my own experience, it does work but only with regeneration no other kit bonus will transfer over
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I don't think that's a specific limitation to kits though. Pretty sure that's because Regeneration is an actual stat, whereas thinks like Control Bonus, AP, stamina regen, control resist, etc aren't really "stats" in and of themselves, but rather things that stats influence. As such, augments don't transfer those. This is an issue with the companion-only gear, reinforcements aside, since most provide an ancillary bonus in addition to the stats that is effectively ignored by augments.

So... the answer to your question is YES, as long as you use a reinforcement kit to boost an actual stat. otherwise NO. That is to say, (currently anyway): Regeneration will transfer, but not anything else.