test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For looks... or for stats! (CHOOSE)

marquisjbmarquisjb Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Okay, so I know that you have the option for trasmuting gear options, but sometimes you may not have enough astral diamonds. We have all been there.. you get yourself that shiny new piece of Epic Gear (uncommon or rare if levelling) then you come to that realization...

OMG.. this upgrade is soo fugly! (GWF Grim Set I'm looking at you) Do you keep wearing the lesser piece until you save up the AD for transmute or do you rock your brand new upgrade which also happens to make you look like a character from Sailor Moon.

Share your thoughts!

P.S This was not meant to be a diss to you Sailor Moon fans.. in case you do exist.

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Fighting evil by moon light, winning love by day light, never running from a real fight, she is the one called sailor moon!

I normally take the upgrade except in extreme situations. :)
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I pretty much gear up regardless of the look for my CW. Right now I'm in gloves and boots of Focal Magi and wow, is that ugly. Mind you before I started in the Epic gear my character looked like something out of Assassin Creed, which was cool, except for the skull cap. Skull Caps look ugly and preferred a hood instead.

That said, when I play Neverwinter Barbie I go for the gear score, than the looks.
  • bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'm sorta content with my draconic set for my DC... However, I'm dragonborn, unfortunately I can't wear the head piece... as a DC I feel like the head piece is sorta a symbol, as in "oh, hey look a healer". I say this because I've ran across quite a few dragon born DC and I had to click on inspect just to see what they was.
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    CW has the ugliest stuff. Of all my characters that one has nothing. What happen to a staff carrying wizard with a robe and hood? (the orb needs a disable visuals), looks like a large bug always flying by his head). He is currently rocking high vizier set (hat transmutted to a hood) swear he looks more a cleric with regard to gear. GWF has Avatar of war but if I ever get the funding i wil transmute that to beserker. (ava barb looks prego). SW, TR have some great looking stuff.
    Post edited by xalorus on
  • brotherroguebrotherrogue Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I generally find that if the color of your armor is the same color, it doesnt matter if you have different pieces on it seems to negate the fugliness and dye packs are easy to come by at least
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I generally just wear my fashion outfit all the time, so I no longer have to worry about ugly gear. I don't even know what my armor looks like right now. Of course, my pretty Feywild Regalia (which I'm wearing in my avatar pic, though I've dyed it) isn't available on Xbox just yet, but hopefully you will get it soon enough.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sslumdogsslumdog Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I rock an even fuglier fashion set so ppl cant see my pvp gear. so fugly on brother
    |FullxMelt|15.7k CW||.Dip.n.Dotz.|15.4k DC|
    <<GOON SQUAD>>
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    For PvP you could always switch to fashion set. Nothing like getting beat by a naked guy.
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    For PvP you could always switch to fashion set. Nothing like getting beat by a naked guy.

Typical trolling for the PvP crowd...

GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Am i th only one who doesnt know what any of my characters look like??
  • bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User

As Rodney Carrington said "nobody wants to fight a naked guy" "you cam scare a big sob with a little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" lmao...https://youtu.be/xbhD79xx1XM
  • chromedfishchromedfish Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I wear the dragon warrior fashion set with a peg leg its my personal favorite. No matter what armor i wear i always look the same
    15k Healock
    13k Virtuos Cleric
    13k Destroyed Gwf
    12k SS Control Wizard
  • agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Style > everything else
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    as a HR, i can say that our gear generally looks decent all around. there are a lot of sets i haven't worn, but hey, it looks fine to me. plus i transmuted my helmet to the Fool's Crown so i can see Nora's hair and face lol
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I have been running around in fashion cloths for the last few months. Anytime my tiny female elf trapper pulls out those huge draconic axes i wonder where she keeps them...
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    as a HR, i can say that our gear generally looks decent all around. there are a lot of sets i haven't worn, but hey, it looks fine to me. plus i transmuted my helmet to the Fool's Crown so i can see Nora's hair and face lol

You can also disable visuals for the helm and cloak. I didn't spend all that time creating a face to hide it all the time.
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    arlequin13 wrote: »

You can also disable visuals for the helm and cloak. I didn't spend all that time creating a face to hide it all the time.

yeah, but i like the crown look over a helmet should i want to go full gear look
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    bmean wrote: »
    I'm sorta content with my draconic set for my DC... However, I'm dragonborn, unfortunately I can't wear the head piece... as a DC I feel like the head piece is sorta a symbol, as in "oh, hey look a healer".

Lol I do the same in pvp - that flat hat is a beacon for trouble :dizzy: ! It's so distinctive and you may as well paint a target on your forehead...

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox