test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XP Problems

mattv980mattv980 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PvE Discussion
I'm sure many of us have found it hard to level from 60-70.

I'm currently trying to level my first character from 60-70 now (I'm at level 63).

I have finished Drowned Shore and Reclamation Rock and only recently slotted my utility slots with Rank 5 Azures (not interested in throwing extra AD at AH for any higher since I already had the Rank 5's).

I am completely stuck and just grinding daily quests, the campaign quests are taking too long (and are not easy for my level despite the fact I have a questing buddy).

I really need some advice because I am unable to progress to Fiery Pit, let alone Spinward Rise, stuck at level 63.
...but today is not that day!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    We'll I'm probably the 1st but not the only one to suggest you to BUY THE ZEN BOOSTERS!
    This is a very bad change devs made. Nerfing XP gain in order to FORCE people to buy the ZEN thingy is really cheap.
    But than again...it's not the 1st time game throws these kind of things at us so...shouldn't be surprised.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    Just slot the enchants that give you an experience boost in your utility slots. Rank 5's are okay, rank 6 are pretty cheap at AH and are a little better. Don't waste your money on the boosters as you don't need them. Run your Well of Dragon quests you can do in Neverdeath, Ebon Downs, Icespire, and Rothe areas, run the 2 seed quests every day, and then just run the quests in drowned shores ( I just kept doing the ones in the first area ) as these will be fast and easy to complete. Will take a little longer without the xp boosts but will save you money in the long run. That is what I did and it didn't take to long to hit 70. Once you hit level 67/68 you can head into spinward rise and start the vigilance quests there to get your artifact main hand weapon.
  • mattv980mattv980 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    soltasword wrote: »
    Just slot the enchants that give you an experience boost in your utility slots. Rank 5's are okay, rank 6 are pretty cheap at AH and are a little better. Don't waste your money on the boosters as you don't need them. Run your Well of Dragon quests you can do in Neverdeath, Ebon Downs, Icespire, and Rothe areas, run the 2 seed quests every day, and then just run the quests in drowned shores ( I just kept doing the ones in the first area ) as these will be fast and easy to complete. Will take a little longer without the xp boosts but will save you money in the long run. That is what I did and it didn't take to long to hit 70. Once you hit level 67/68 you can head into spinward rise and start the vigilance quests there to get your artifact main hand weapon.

Thanks, just needed a legit answer worth while.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I strongly recommend you sell AD for some Zen and buy the Inscribed Garments box: shirt and pants that each give a permanent extra 10% XP boost (they stack to 20%) and work on top of any enchantment (Azures) and XP Boosters (concurrently/simultaneously). They are located in the "Items" tab.

That purchase is account wide so any other alts or future characters can also claim it from the Zen Market the same way you do mounts.

This XP nerf is obviously implemented for two reasons: They don't want people skipping over the EE Zones the way they have been (If at level 70 you only need to do the first 16 Vigilance at Spinward Rise to complete the series and get your Artifact Main-Hand). I'm sure they just didn't like people doing this so they are forcing-feeding this ridiculously frustrating grind onto everyone.

The second reason is to make the Zen Market boosters more wanted. It is an old sales technique to focus on the customer's pain to get them to purchase relief - yes this is a genuine sales technique.

So if you do purchase any XP boosters in the Zen Market the Inscribed Garments is the best option because it's permanent and account-wide. Everything else is is a temporary consumable that eventually goes poof.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Dont spend any $, it will only make them think that doing all these changes was step in right direction. Instead find some other game while doing proffession task and invoking only. Perhaps some day things will go back to normal, cause what we have today is total BS.
  • mattv980mattv980 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have hit 64 and am working on the Fiery Pit. I have decided not to spend $ and to just grind daily quests and vigilance quests with my rank 5 Azures.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Dont invest any real money. Players shouldnt reward these kind of moneygrabbing tactics.

Either endure the grind, or find another game.
    If you dont spend money, they dont care for you anyway. Non paying costumers are not welcome in NWO.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    Couple things can help a little bit. One, invocation that everybody should already knows. Second, game XP gained from leadership task. If you claim the leadership reward in game, I think you can get more XP than claiming from Gateway because of the the in game "bonus" XP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    If you have any Level 5x areas undone (Rothé Valley, Hotenow, Whispering Caves) you can breeze threough those and earn the quest XP, though there'll be little to no kill XP in the deal...

Do not, I repeat, not, definitely not, buy the Garments or the booster if that amount of money is an issue for you.

For the Garments: Those are pay once, use on every char in the future, AFAIK. So if you plan on rolling several chars in the future, this might be an acceptable deal, as the side effect of always having acceptable underwear buffs in low levels might balance the price...

I leveled all my chars without garments (OK, and with a heavy fraction of leadership task generated XP...)

Also, you can try out to repeat the vigilance quests where the difficulty is OK for you - the XP reward for each quest should not be lessened by your level progress. But I haven't really cared to take notice there, so I might possibly be wrong...

Regarding the difficulty: The rare gear in the Lvl range for the vigilance quests can also be acquired in normal, non-epic dungeon runs - the killer's level decides the random drops' level, and the boss chest always gives you your level items, most often class appropriate or jewelery. It also can be bought for about 1-2k AD apiece on the AH - which you just earned with your dungeoneering, at least if and when you did that during the Dungeons hour (3k rough AD in chest), with a key, and the Rhix Quest (another 3k AD). So that'd be a way to go, probably...

...also, at level 63 the hitpoint thing isn't that much of an issue, but sooner rather than later you will feel the lack of those thousnads of hitpoints level-appropriate armor has for you. Cheapo, lame trick to force players to abandon their old epic gear from Lvl 60, but Cryptic in their infinite wisdom and power (the latter at least in this game for sure...) decided to do that this way, and so be it.

Lastly, RecRock is Level 63-65. So by all standards, you're currently underleveled and running a steep slope uphill...

tl;dr: Don't buy stuff if you don't have the money to burn - get better gear by running normal dungeons.