test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashes in Thayan Magic Shelter

karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
The game must have crashed 10 times between the second and third crystal you have to destroy. Luckily your progress is saved or I would have given up entirely.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• sandis33sandis33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same for me. Is this a known issue?
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Laglocks crash everything everywhere

No mercy!
  • gonnersongonnerson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here the game crash hope they fix it i have 3 days trying to do the thayan magical shelter
  • jayzn888jayzn888 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Crashes every time when I fight the big beastie between the 2nd and 3rd crystal. Hangs and only way out is to quit the game and restart but when I return to that area it crashes again. Tried it a dozen times, same result every time.

Seems to me there are a lot of issues with this new area and I'm getting very put off playing the game :(
  • upcasthorizon32upcasthorizon32 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I had same thing happen twice but was able to finish by stay to left as you enter area were it freezes the mob to right of entrance is what kept causing me to freeze so didnt fight him and just finished the last stone
  • ronroeronroe Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Some potential tips:

1. Try pressing you Xbox guide button when it crashed, to hopefully un-crash the crash

2. Try go in with friends, you crash, log in, move abit, they crash, log in move abit, until you can bypass the crashing phase, annoying, but might work
  • kc7777777kc7777777 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    jayzn888 wrote: »
    Crashes every time when I fight the big beastie between the 2nd and 3rd crystal. Hangs and only way out is to quit the game and restart but when I return to that area it crashes again. Tried it a dozen times, same result every time.

Seems to me there are a lot of issues with this new area and I'm getting very put off playing the game :(

Same spot I lag
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're aware and are bringing this up to the developers.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Not fixed yet - I've just crashed out for the 3rd time
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Crashed as well three times so far. Would like the devs to fix and maybe give us a bunch of free major injury kits to cover those used in these broken quests and dungeons(I know not likely,but I can dream)
  • techspawntechspawn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why has this not been removed from the daily quests if the developers know there are major problems with it? At least until they can fix it.
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Really is quite tiresome especially as the devs have known about this problem for a week. Does nobody test anything before new additions are added to the game?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're actively looking into a fix. We know its frustrations, but thank you for being patient.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• oxomrfoxoxooxomrfoxoxo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    try to do it solo with no companion it seem to work for me
  • karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Thanks for the update Strum. I know development cycles take time. You want to test to make sure nothing else breaks, and that's after you find and fix the original problem. I also know that MS has more stringent release criteria. I'd rather they take their time and fix it.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Knock on wood, but I've never had a single issue with that daily mission yet.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • ajcarp1ajcarp1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    This has happened to me several times. The work around to complete it is to destroy the anchor, do not engage the mobs (conjurer's) and run down hall to next campfire. Once you make it to the next campfire, you'll be able to start from there and finish. Not ideal, but it works for me every time.
  • awinters1880awinters1880 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I had same thing happen twice but was able to finish by stay to left as you enter area were it freezes the mob to right of entrance is what kept causing me to freeze so didnt fight him and just finished the last stone

This worked for me too, thanks for the tip! And it does help to unsummon your companion when you sneak by, too. Of course, by TR has no survivability whatsoever so I have to resummon my healer right away or I'm toast. Not a perfect fix, but it works for now.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I mentioned this in another thread, in that dungeon make sure you kill the Conjurer`s before they summon as that seems to cause crashes. Also the other mage enemies in there need to be killed quick before they use their AoE AP drain attack, this also seems to crash the dungeon for me.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • turmoiljoshturmoiljosh Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue. We should all be able to complete this quest! I have footage recorded of the problem posted on my twitter page via XboxONE upload studio. @TURMOILTECH