test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Queue ban (disconnecting issue)

SinSojekiSinSojeki Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Please can you do something about this queue ban due to "disconnected from server" ? if i get disconnected from server and if i come back online within 1-20 sec why should i have to wait 28min for queue? that's really annoying... I mean not everyone has a ultra perfect connection, it's very normal that sometime ppl get some net issues. Please at least give some seconds to reconnect and join the party again.
When disconnected player come back online, if he will be on the previous instance (the chance is almost 0) i guess he won't get kicked from the party (not sure). So instead of put on a random instance, can't u just let him join on the previous one?
I hope devs can do something about this...

Comments

• Options
    sylnerasylnera Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Agree: I have frequent disconnections. And then, even though I come back pretty fast (in a matter of a few seconds), if I get back into the group, I have something like "You'll be kicked out in 10, 9, 8... seconds" and only one button to press: "Get out of map now"... In short: You want us to kick you out in 5, 4, 3... seconds or do you want to do it yourself.

This is pretty obnoxious.

Regards,

Sylnera
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Since the NCL started I have experienced this phenomenon quite a few times... about 10 TBH. I blame all of the patches we have had since then. It was fine until about 2 weeks ago.

I have actually gotten the the "Failed to connect with Game Server" 5 seconds after the area started loading.

I find it inconsiderate to punish someone when they have not even stepped onto the playing field.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    spelltrapspelltrap Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    This has occurred on numerous occasions to someone in my party during pvp. Always when my team is going to win. Today was the first day it happened to me. My system and connection are awesome. Within 30 seconds of my team pulling away I crashed. I try to reconnect and get an error message that another system has the same IP. That's funny cause i only have one system. (My suggestion as a temporary fix is allow 2 minutes to reconnect. )If the team was gonna win they should be allowed to win. It's just seems too convenient with the timing of crashes in my opinion. As for the reconnect to server..... Resetting the modem fixes that real fast.

Another Oddity i have noticed is the multiple que repopping before pvp can even start. People are queing in sets of 2 and 3 and confirming that they will be on the same team using the dots up top. (My suggestion is to remove the set of 5 dots and only have one dot. Or even more simply... if u que for PvP then u auto accept when it pops.)
    Captain Jack Level 70 DC.

.BLADE RUNNERS.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I just had one of these where I was killed and after awhile or running around dead I stayed down and was unable to revive. A minute or two later it kicks me to PE (dead there) and gives me a leaver penalty. I never disconnected but my party says it showed them that I did. I could still talk in chat and tells and for awhile I was a dead corpse running around watching the action.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I would be honest, this only happened to me twice. One time it disconnected me about 1 mins into the game..., another time the enemy team called GG so we were just waiting for the game to end, and then...... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens!!! Instead of a WIN game, I got banned for 30 mins plus ranked down 2 pages or so... meh... :\

Oh well, to me its not that bad, twice in a few weeks doesn't bother me that much, but it seems some other ppl's experienced this more often... :\
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I have said this before... I have experienced what I am going to share, about 10 times since that Tuesday patch.

I will rubberband all of the place, but it is actually more like bungie-jumping. I will run half way across the arena, start capping to be thrown back to the fire. I have run, started fights to be returned to the fire. I have even "killed" people to return to the fire.

This did not happen before the week of 2 VERY long patches.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Rubberband, lag, desynch are different from being 'disconnected', which one are you?

I have been in Dwarven Valley for quite a bit in the past few days, and it's hella laggy there, like u said, ppl do bumgy jumps there, but once I get into a PvP game, the lag just disappear (most likely because the instances are hosted on a different server). If you have lag in PvP games, then maybe try restarting your modem cus I haven't experienced that much... (or does it occur at specific hours... likely when there's more players online....? I play around 9PM~1AM Australia time, and it works fine for me 'mostly' :) , or maybe I am too used to play in lags... lol)

drkbodhi wrote: »
    I have said this before... I have experienced what I am going to share, about 10 times since that Tuesday patch.

I will rubberband all of the place, but it is actually more like bungie-jumping. I will run half way across the arena, start capping to be thrown back to the fire. I have run, started fights to be returned to the fire. I have even "killed" people to return to the fire.

This did not happen before the week of 2 VERY long patches.

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    this needs to be addressed
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"