test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XB1 loot window bug - introduced in new Tiamat content drop/patch

stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
UPDATE: no need to bump the thread now per community mod; plz respect the forum rules. Also, added the option to step 4 to click start button twice to exit loot window in meantime. I will test to confirm when I get on later. If a couple people can confirm in the meantime that would be great.

Note that there is no timeframe for fix right now, but it has been acknowledged and being looked at

Heads up that the loot window is currently bugged. I wanted to get a ticket/thread started that cleatly defines this issue as this is a big BIG deal. Basically, everyone has to run in FFA (free for all) loot mode else combat will literally stop for players until the below steps are followed. This can easily wipe a group in a dungeon if someone clicks loot mid-battle

Bug re-creation steps:

1) click loot with loot rules set as need or greed
2) window pops as normal
3) select need, greed, or pass (all options lead to next step)
4) BUG STEP!!!: the character is now unable to move; players must now hit either the start button and then the B button, or hit the select button followed by B button. Hitting the start button twice has also been noted to get out of immobility during this step.
5) character is now completely out of loot system and can move again

Note that step 4 is where the team will get killed if in the middle of fombat in a dungeon, especially if in a boss fight with randoms who don't know any better. The only safe option right now is to run in FFA mode, which isn't a good idea when running with randoms you don't know and purples drop. I have to imagine brand new players jus think the game is totally broke when they go to loot via Need or Greed.

Please bump this thread if you are experiencing same issue. Trying to make this thread easy to find and understand by ARC as this is a HUGE issue when trying to clear content, especially with random players...
Post edited by stercesderised on

Comments

• kitsumie80kitsumie80 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This bug almost me killed several times fix please!!!! Bump!!
  • xsov317xsov317 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    This needs fixed asap. Very frustrating !!!
  • mavethelmavethel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Basically needing to select need, greed or pass will push you to the button layout overlay which adds an addition pause/delay as you need to press menu and b to exit it.

It is not a good thing.
  • xsov317xsov317 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    mavethel wrote: »
    Basically needing to select need, greed or pass will push you to the button layout overlay which adds an addition pause/delay as you need to press menu and b to exit it.

It is not a good thing.

Putting it lightly sir.
  • goetzymamagoetzymama Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Thank you for the detailed post here. I've seen several mentions of it and this is going to drive me crazy. I hope they slate it for another quick patch but after the last night patch, I'm wondering if they'll do another one so soon.
    Yes, I'm female. No, you can't see my HAMSTER.

Level 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Caimeta
    Level 60 Guardian Fighter - Princess Clappy
    Level 60 Control Wizard - Rashenbo
    Next up... Butcher of Lock Love
    I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    It is aggravating for sure. I will add my name down as one who thinks this needs to be fixed.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • mrwilsonvamrwilsonva Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Please note that you can clear the issue by Hitting the "Start" button twice in a row instead of the "Back" then "B".
    vr7gyg.jpg
    Larua TR | Thomas GWF | Lizard Wizard CW
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I can confirm that this bug indeed exists, whether you're in a dungeon or just simply in a group elsewhere. Highly frustrating.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • notsubutainotsubutai Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've just noticed this problem too. Not helpful in combat even if there is way to get out of the 'freeze'.
    Srdjan Windtalker @ notsubutai
  • imdrunksiowdownimdrunksiowdown Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    This one will cost arc alot of players, must be fixed asap
  • keithshockeykeithshockey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This bug has killed me a few times.
  • annanondraannanondra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Agreed! The necessity to have to press an additional button to get the player out of the loot roll screen is VERY dangerous. This was not required prior to the Tiamat patch and should be addressed as soon as possible.
  • thechardonnaythechardonnay Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This patch <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everything up...
  • littlevale#6076 littlevale Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    This is most definitely very frustrating. The loot window is in the wrong place to begin with, and so much worse after the update. Looking forward to this being sorted out very soon.
  • awinters1880awinters1880 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Very important to fix this issue, and maybe they could drop the opacity of the loot window when it pops up so it doesn't completely ruin game visibility. Only make it opaque when you hit select to view it. Do the same with the award notification. When you get both at once, you can't see a thing and it becomes necessary to stop and deal with the loot window in the middle of combat.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I would like to remind people that bumping of threads here is prohibited. The devs have been made aware of this issue, as well as the crashing issues. However, it is a holiday weekend in the United States, so a fix may take some time to get patched into the game. Please try to be patient.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png