test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

De-Spawn adds after boss fights

sircarrltonsircarrlton Member Posts: 10 Arc User
There is nothing more annoying than killing a last boss in the dungeon but still spending 5-8 more minutes killing all the adds to get the loot (well vote kicking is more annoying but besides that). The dungeon is over, the boss is dead, just de-spawn the damn adds and stop wasting our time. Please and thank you.

Comments

• weybornweyborn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    /signed...
    Rifken - CW - GS 14,461
    Riffken - DC - lvl 20
  • goetzymamagoetzymama Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    /vote for pedro
    Yes, I'm female. No, you can't see my HAMSTER.

Level 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Caimeta
    Level 60 Guardian Fighter - Princess Clappy
    Level 60 Control Wizard - Rashenbo
    Next up... Butcher of Lock Love
    I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Instead of being blunt about it, (coming off like a tool) how about explaining how to do so, because I'm sure a lot of people didn't even realize this was possible.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    If it's taking you that long to kill adds then your group is doing pitiful damage and the whole dungeon would have taken you forever to finish anyway
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • plannb23plannb23 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    You want him to explain the code to the devs?
    Instead of being blunt about it, (coming off like a tool) how about explaining how to do so, because I'm sure a lot of people didn't even realize this was possible.

Neverwinter-Signature.png
  • birdsarcomabirdsarcoma Member Posts: 40
    In those cases, our team usually just wipes after the last boss, causing the enemies to despawn.
    "If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I may be in the minority but I think the additional enemies remaining post boss defeat makes perfect sense. You just killed their boss, who could have been a REALLY nice guy/gal/it to them until some greedy people come in and killed him/her/it. Now they want their revenge on your party. Think about the what that boss did for those people, and maybe, just maybe you'll have some empathy for their desire to kill you.
  • zizoomzizoom Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    It's just the way it works in Plaguefire Caverns. Nothing absurd but well, adds are not that long to wipe.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    If it's taking you that long to kill adds then your group is doing pitiful damage and the whole dungeon would have taken you forever to finish anyway

That's not at all true. Most bosses are easier to just take them out while the tank kites all of the adds. Over the course of a boss fight those adds can add up and even if you have AoE abilities, you can't realistically kill all of them at the same rate. You have to take them down piece by piece which can take time. Granted, it's not much time usually only a few minutes but when you're running something like Delves such as someone posted earlier on, a few minutes can determine whether you get that extra dungeon in.

For over geared players it's easy to just take out the adds while killing the boss. Lets not forget that though the dungeon may be easy for us that have over geared it, it is still quite difficult to those that are there because they actually need to better their character.

With all that being said, there are quite a few bosses that the adds disappear on after you kill them. Dracolich for instance. As to why this isn't a universal mechanic I don't know.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sircarrltonsircarrlton Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    bkthomson wrote: »
    I may be in the minority but I think the additional enemies remaining post boss defeat makes perfect sense. You just killed their boss, who could have been a REALLY nice guy/gal/it to them until some greedy people come in and killed him/her/it. Now they want their revenge on your party. Think about the what that boss did for those people, and maybe, just maybe you'll have some empathy for their desire to kill you.

That's pretty funny. I didn't think of it like that. Id still prefer to have them just disappear, but ill think of your comment when I'm grinding the adds. Thanks for your input.

That's not at all true. Most bosses are easier to just take them out while the tank kites all of the adds. Over the course of a boss fight those adds can add up and even if you have AoE abilities, you can't realistically kill all of them at the same rate. You have to take them down piece by piece which can take time. Granted, it's not much time usually only a few minutes but when you're running something like Delves such as someone posted earlier on, a few minutes can determine whether you get that extra dungeon in.

For over geared players it's easy to just take out the adds while killing the boss. Lets not forget that though the dungeon may be easy for us that have over geared it, it is still quite difficult to those that are there because they actually need to better their character.

With all that being said, there are quite a few bosses that the adds disappear on after you kill them. Dracolich for instance. As to why this isn't a universal mechanic I don't know.

I appreciate your understanding. Thanks for taking the time to make that post.

I'm quite sure you misunderstood what the post was about. Ill try to explain it better. With most bosses in the dungeon after the boss is killed, many of the adds (that have a stupid amount of health and take a long time to kill) are still around. You have to kill them all to get the loot. But that's not the same for every dungeon. In some of them, after the boss is killed, they disappear and you don't have to waste your time killing them since the dungeon is over. The post was to maybe have the developers make all the dungeons the same by not making you have to kill all the adds after the boss is dead. There is nothing the player can do to make this happen. There is no explanation to give except if I write a string of code for the developers to implement in game to make this happen. Even then, they know what they are doing and don't need me to explain it.

Thanks for making this post so I could correct the confusion and clarify my point. I know that its not a big deal, but I feel like it's the small things that make the game a little more enjoyable.
    Agree. Although i do enjoy killing them. Mostly because of the occasional REFINEMENT item drop from my Dragon Hoard Enchantments... Still a huge time sink. Especially during Dungeon Delves when you wanna get in and out as fast as possible to move on to the next.

Noted. Thanks for your input
    In those cases, our team usually just wipes after the last boss, causing the enemies to despawn.

I'm not sure of that works in all of the dungeons but I'll be sure to give it a try. Thanks
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    bkthomson wrote: »

That's pretty funny. I didn't think of it like that. Id still prefer to have them just disappear, but ill think of your comment when I'm grinding the adds. Thanks for your input.

I understand your point and it is annoying to have to still clear out the stragglers after taking out the boss.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User

I'm quite sure you misunderstood what the post was about. Ill try to explain it better. With most bosses in the dungeon after the boss is killed, many of the adds (that have a stupid amount of health and take a long time to kill) are still around. You have to kill them all to get the loot. But that's not the same for every dungeon. In some of them, after the boss is killed, they disappear and you don't have to waste your time killing them since the dungeon is over. The post was to maybe have the developers make all the dungeons the same by not making you have to kill all the adds after the boss is dead. There is nothing the player can do to make this happen. There is no explanation to give except if I write a string of code for the developers to implement in game to make this happen. Even then, they know what they are doing and don't need me to explain it.

Thanks for making this post so I could correct the confusion and clarify my point. I know that its not a big deal, but I feel like it's the small things that make the game a little more enjoyable.

I thought you were going to explain that, after you kill the boss (such as in frozen heart) you can just team wipe, and the enemies will automatically despawn. Which not many players realize, and saves a ton of time.

Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)