test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is my gear score so low?

midnightblue88midnightblue88 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
I've seen people with higher gear scores than mine who has less stats or not as good gear stuff I guess. For example I saw one person that had a 14.4K+ something gear score that only had two blue artifacts (no third or purple) and level 5 or 6 enchantments. I forgot if this person had a set armor or jewelry, but they had an artifact weapon I think. Whereas all my enchantments are level 7, one level 8, all purple set items (Accursed Diabolist and Shore sets), one blue artifact belt, two blue artifacts and one purple artifact yet my gear score is under 14K (it's in the 13,600s). Wtf? I'm still new at this game so clearly I need help. Any advice why this is? I've seen this multiple times where someone's GS is higher than mines, but their stats are less or they have low level enchantments or lower or partial gear sets. How?

Comments

• xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Do you have gemmed epic shirt and trousers? That helps. Also your spec , power, and boons can manipulate your GS as well. Eg I have only 1 T2 gear the accursed diabolic helm and my Gs is 13700. I have all level 7 and 8 enchantments and none of my artifacts are epic . I do have them all close thou with double RF going on.

So play around with powers. The power that gives increase to armor pen jumps you up etc

So basically it looks like our setup hear wise is similar but you seem to have the entire accursed set? That would pit me well over 14k.
  • midnightblue88midnightblue88 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have both purple gemmed shirt and pants with a rank 7 and 8 enchantment. Yeah I have the entire Accursed set. My GS is almost 14K now. I think the newest boon and refining one of my artifacts helped me. It's still kind of frustrating though. I'm not saying my gear is the best or putting other people down, it just doesn't seem to make sense to me that people with gear that seemed lower level have a higher gear score than I do.
    I understand totally. Also try getting epic quality companions. They help your GS as well. And if you don't have it already get the Ioun stone of Allure. It don't raise your GS but the stat boost is incredible.
  • zenghenzenghen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I believe that the OP is right and there is something about the SW class that causes them to have a lower gs than other classes. I believe that I should have a higher gs than I do: 5 maxed companions with appropriate gear, 5 legendaries, everything else is epic, yet only a bit above 17k. I have seen other classes with less and 19-20k. Even my other classes with only a legendary belt and 3-5 companions, are 15.8-16.8k. It doesn't really make any sense.
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Other classes have an increase in GS due to several classes have X increases Y by a Z% feat, thus amplifying their GS
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I have 1 legendary Artifact, Epic Artifact weapon and belt. I swapped out my Artifact belt for the Black Ice Artifact Belt and made it Epic and that helped. I am 63pts under 16k gs right now. I am thinking of getting Black Ice Cloak and make that epic and that will kick me over 16k. Its rough. But you need to really deck out your companions to help for the stat boost to help you in game. I also went 2 Acc Diabolist and 2 Draconic pieces. That was a 200 to 300 pt difference. Plus it got my Armor Pen up past 24% resistance ignored.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

edited July 2015
    My gs is at 14k with 2 artifacts, one at epic, artifact main and belt both at blue but a couple lvls from epic, full accursed set, shore set, gemmed epic shirt and trousers. Mostly ranked 8 enchantments and pretty good companions. Of course my active companion is Ioun of Allure. My stats are pretty good I feel for my gear setup. Power at 5600, crit 3k, pen 2300, defense around 2k and life steal the same. Points in the rest but nothing above 400.

Been really debating on going with 2 draconic and 2 accursed. But my question , is it really worth giving up the hell fire effect of accursed for 300+ gs added? Not sure if hell fire does that much damage compare to adding more penn. That extra pen would put me over 24%. Decisions Decisions...