test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The GF's Companion Listings

goetzymamagoetzymama Member Posts: 49 Arc User
So, what companions are you currently using and which companions do you want to eventually get?

I want an ioun stone, for sure, but I want the might stone for the stamina regen. It's 1k trade bars or a ton on the auction house.
I also want the cave bear or the new golem coming out for the hitpoints.
I also want the blacksmith.

Yes, I'm female. No, you can't see my HAMSTER.

Level 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Caimeta
Level 60 Guardian Fighter - Princess Clappy
Level 60 Control Wizard - Rashenbo
Next up... Butcher of Lock Love
I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code

Comments

• pvmsundayzpvmsundayz Member Posts: 9 New User
    I have a battlefield medic(6% incoming healing) Ioun Stone of Allure, Icoshedron Ioun Stone, Platesmith, and galeb duhr
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    My ideal setup is
    Drag ioun
    Iron golem
    dancing shield
    Honey badger
    Barbarian shaman

Shamans just what i need for now, undecided on long term 5th

Have some but thats the list
  • atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    Blacksmith and pseudodragon I'm using currently (and ioun stone of allure, but that'll be replaced).

I'm waiting for the Chicken augment, rust monster, and cockatrice
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Do you find the pseudodragon makes a big difference? I was looking at that and it sure sounded great for the GF :)
    Once you have a pseudodragon you really don't have to worry about stam/guard gain. It's amazing IMHO.

And, if you don't have to worry about stam/guard gain, you can slot artifacts with aoe res and control resist long term instead.

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

• rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My new line up hehe, things change

Slyph
    Chicken augment
    Iron golem
    Dancing shield
    rust monster
    Post edited by rockstargfu on
  • xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    It all depends on what you are going for and your playstyle but IMO.. (I mainly focus on PvP and my companions will be selected based upon my needs for OPvP)

Ioun Stone of Radiance > Stone of Might > Stone of Allure. I have all 3.

BlackSmith is OP. You want to upgrade it to epic before mod 6 drops. There is a bug with it in Mod 6 to where if you upgrade it then the bonus changes and does not apply to you but to your companion and makes it worthless. I don't know if I can afford to do this in the next month. This makes me sad.

Rust Monster is very, very good as well for both PvE and PvP. Damage debuff applied to the enemy attacking you.

Cockatrice is another must have IMO. On damage taken % chance to root enemy for 6 seconds (3 if player)

Galeb Dhur is another must have. Damage increased based on the amount of damage you have taken. This damage stacks with the volcanic galeb dhur.

Panther will be very, very, very good for mod 6. 10% damage bonus to prone'd enemies. Bull charge prones, crescendo prones, terryfying impact prones. Frontline surge prones regular mobs but not enemy players.

Pig (currently available in the summer festival and the only reason I would do any of this garbage event) Heals you 1% (up to 2% on epic) of your max hp every second you are being CC'd. Will be even better in Mod6 with increased hit point pools plus the fact that regen will not help you in combat anymore. Might not be needed if you stack control resist or use a certain armor enchantment that will remain nameless so I can get it on the cheap when it is released.

Sprite/Flame Sprite are good options for the % AP gain if you want to focus on an AP gain build.

Honey Badger is decent right now due to limited options for companions but mine will be replaced as soon as I can acquire some of the above.

Slyph for the +50% control resist.

There are quite a few really good options for companions as a GF. But these are just the opinions of a dumb dumb.
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM

BlackSmith is OP. You want to upgrade it to epic before mod 6 drops. There is a bug with it in Mod 6 to where if you upgrade it then the bonus changes and does not apply to you but to your companion and makes it worthless. I don't know if I can afford to do this in the next month. This makes me sad.

Do you have a link to this info? I had assumed it didn't work at all, so I didn't plan to upgrade it.

Tide...if we meet in open world 1v1 combat that will be one epic GF duel!

• zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Do any of you know if guarded assault triggers the pseudo dragon?
  • xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    atlas77777 wrote: »

Do you have a link to this info? I had assumed it didn't work at all, so I didn't plan to upgrade it.

Tide...if we meet in open world 1v1 combat that will be one epic GF duel!

I don't have a link to the mod 6 Blacksmith bug. I found it in a google search when I was researching companions. I know for a fact that you can upgrade it right now and it will work as 2 of my guildies, panik and opal both have the blacksmith at epic.

Epic GF 1v1 duels. You can count me in!
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM