test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Features & Fixes for Rise of Tiamat

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Take a look at some of the major changes that are going into Rise of Tiamat:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9366523

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Now the only thing I'd like to know is when the update and the new features arrive. Do we have an exact date or is it still "later this month"?
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I'll call it a wait and see but I still feel that the Vote Kicking Solution will still have abuse problems. I think what is missing is no kicking at or post final boss which sounds like a very common occurrence in epic dungeon crawls. That said I am very happy with the fixes coming in, especially the mini-map.
  • Options
    snake3y3s00snake3y3s00 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    They definitely have made some improvements to the vote kick issue but unfortunately have left out the MOST GLARING issue lol, the fact of getting vote kick during the boss for loot I mean this is the major issue lol cmon guys
  • Options
    misterrrwarlockmisterrrwarlock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Scenarios:

1) Instance sniper joins, starts calling kicks on people. For 3 minutes you can not do anything about it. You kick him finally, another one joins and does the same. You kick that one too and then the instance is out of the queue and there you are f-ked - fail;
    2) You get matched with 2 tanks / 2 clerics / 4 dpses and there is no way you can change this "setting", because you will get the same classes. You are forced to queue 50 times to get the right set up - fail;
    3) You can kill boss and kick other people like you did before - fail;
    4) DPS Cleric builds are out of the game - fail;
    5) Warlock healer builds are out of the game - fail;
    6) You get 9k healer to fight Castle Never dragon and you are too afraid to kick him (even if he is very bad) because the instance might get out of the queue so you are forced to make 10 attempts to kill it and still fail - FAIL;

So tell me this:

1) How does it fix the boot and loot problem?
    2) How does it fix instance takeovers (they might be slower and people can just join ant troll by trying to get the instance out of the queue sistem)?
    3) How does it help in getting the right set up (for example tank, healer and 3 dpses)?

EDIT: And tell me this: WHY ARE WE FORCED to wait 3 minutes to kick the guy who just joined while he is left with a comfort to kick us?!!! You mixed the things up guys, THE NEW guy is supposed to have 3 minute cool down on kicks because HE did not fight in that instance, because he is not supposed to the "pro guy" who starts making the things the way he wants them to be.

Learn from Destiny: remove queues completely (if you can not create better ideas because these are.. just sad), or you are done. There is no other solution. So you either fix the boot and loot and see how many players come back and introduce more fixes if needed, or close queues NOW! People will be forced to communicate, find guilds/parties and they will rarely get kicked by their team.

Finally: LISTEN TO COMMUNITY AND STOP trying to make these "smarter" ideas. They are not smart and this is so weird to even think so. Please play your own game for once in a while, try to become that solo player, try to become that group player and see how it goes. THEN make "smarter" ideas.
    Post edited by misterrrwarlock on
  • Options
    luckyk70luckyk70 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Neverwinter,

Perhaps you haven't shared all the info with us. How does this new process prevent the "boot and loot"?
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @misterrrwarlock While your points are valid (and I share most of them), your delivery is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor. I work in a game support division and reading posts riddled with insults and condescension often has me put them in the '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off' bin and move on.

If you want your points to be taken seriously, edit that to be more honey and less vinegar; trust me.
  • Options
    badmrfrostyxxxbadmrfrostyxxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Will the broken achievements be fixed in this update?
  • Options
    xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I would also like to know how this is going to fix the bigger issue... which is the boot and loot. I appreciate that the kicking being quelled, but I've found the worst to be during the Shores skirmish at the ambush and after the boss fight on dungeons. When you can't find enough people to buffer the jerks it's extremely disheartening. I don't even do dungeons that much because it has pretty much killed the enjoyment with the kicks.
  • Options
    xx0dessaxx wrote: »
    I don't even do dungeons that much because it has pretty much killed the enjoyment with the kicks.

Amen... The 'Well Endowed' guild, for example, has 'boot and loot' as an admitted edict (if you see any of them, just leave). 'It's how you make money man.' one of them laughingly told me. It's just hard to imagine an entire guild of 100+ with such character flaws.

And it hurts the good guilds as well (one that I am in now). We wont run without at least 3 to negate kicking. The negative effect of that is that when others join, before I can type, 'you will not get kicked', they leave. I get why they are but it just illustrates how bad the problem is and how conditioned people are to getting booted.

To be honest, I just dont see the harm in introducing something where, if you start an end boss fight, and take it down, no one in the party can get the boot. If the take down fails, let boots happen. This would seem to address (to a degree) the ones that have an issue with lobby stealing as well.
  • Options
    adamerosadameros Member Posts: 4
    Any chance this release moves/hides/whatever the Boss buff stats? When fighting dragons, this thing covers a huge amount of the center of the screen, to the point where I can see the monster I am fighting, or their health bar.

If it's bad with just 6-10 people fighting a dragon, how bad will it be with 25 fighting, and all their effects on the Tiamat stacking up covering twice the space it takes up now?
  • Options
    adamerosadameros Member Posts: 4
    Also, when someone is booted, give them their share of the loot, projected out to how much damage they have done so far. Also, do not refill the the vacated spot.

I have never been booted, but I have come in halfway through a skirmish, and I hate that.

Lastly, to prevent excessive booting, only let people have a limited number of boots per hour/day/week. Or make it so they have to pay or otherwise make some sort of sacrifice to boot. Something were it's only worth it if the person being booted is a true detriment to the game.
  • Options
    linkjdblinkjdb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I agree with a lot of issues brought up by misterrrwarlock no matter how poorly stated. I know the queue system generally tries to keep groups as diverse as possible in character selection but what happens if you end up with 5 DPS characters. Granted almost every boss can be taken down by DPS characters but only if they all have a decently high build and gear score which rarely happens by chance. There are a couple of things i would like to see below. Boot n loot will always be an issue but i do believe some changes are necessary.

1)More advanced party controls which would include choosing which classes you would like to open empty slots to whether it be as specific as each class or DPS/Support

2) when the score is posted upon the death of the boss that no kicking will be allowed. This will help curb but not completely solve the problem. There are several groups that kick when there is only a tiny bit of hp left but they run the risk of dying and failing the boss when they start kicking. If we make kicking more difficult by including an extra step that would be more than simply just taping A over and over again would make it more difficult for them to kick in combat which could further keep people from being kicked in boss battles. This could be done by a verification step that requires 4 digits that generate at random to be entered to start or cast a vote. This would take some time and cause them to risk losing the fight for selfish gain.

3)Another possible fix could be that if the boss battle has been initiated and is in progress that the entire kick system is disabled until the fight concludes. All kicking would have to be done, if necessary, prior to the start of the boss battle. After the start of the battle, kicking would only be able after the entire team has failed and are waiting to restart the fight. This would essentially eliminate all boot and loot issues

4)I would like to see some sort of block to keep people who didn't participate in the boss fight to roll on the loot dropped in the boss fight. There are times where someone will quit mid fight and the remainder of the team succeeds just to have someone join and spam "i only want the box" then roll and take what they did not earn. I don't mind helping people with a free box as it is of no loss for the rest of the group, but if an expensive item drops from a boss that can be sold on the market they should have no right to claim it.

5)Another issue I see with the limitation of the number of kicks a lobby can have is that I believe the requirements are too low for some of the epic dungeons. 8300 score seems to translate to cannon fodder for most if not all of the T2 epic dungeons. In my opinion a more realistic minimum requirement should be 10500. At least at this gear score you stand a rough chance and will not be weighing down the rest of the team. Four people should not suffer because someone is trying to do a T2 dungeon with 8400 gearscore because the game will let you try. This may seem high but it is very easy to get your gearscore up using a few PVP matches a day with quests, unicorn seals from T1 dungeons, possible draconic drops from daily campaign quests (rothe valley and whispering caverns), using some of the astral diamonds to buy cheap gear for what you are still missing, and only playing dungeons of equipment you are missing. I was able to go from 6500 GS at lvl 59 to 11000 GS in 5 days without buying anything other than a pair of draconic boots playing 2-3 hours a day.

6)I think there should be a general cool down on using the kicking system. Each person should only get one vote every 2-3 minutes. There is nothing more annoying then a troll who knows they should not be in the lobby(very very low gearscore or unwillingness to work as a team) that gets kicked then is allowed to return to the lobby and start infinite amount of kicks on existing players to annoy them to death.

7)Any time a person is kicked from a lobby they should not be allowed back into that lobby for a period of time. Possibly a 4-5 minute ban to prevent repeat abuse and trolling.

8)Finally as an unrelated side note, and I'm sure there is a lot of support on this one, a raise in the amount of rough astrals that can be refined per day because having 800k roughs is kind of a bummer.
    Guild Leader of Guardians of Mortalis-always looking for friendly players both experienced and new.
    Trickster Rogue 15k GS
    Hunter Ranger 11.5k GS
    Control Wizard 11.5k GS
  • Options
    misterrrwarlockmisterrrwarlock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    stpensive wrote: »
    @misterrrwarlock While your points are valid (and I share most of them), your delivery is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor. I work in a game support division and reading posts riddled with insults and condescension often has me put them in the '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off' bin and move on.

If you want your points to be taken seriously, edit that to be more honey and less vinegar; trust me.

Well you see here is the thing: if you want to make a good decision, you have to do it the smart way which most of the times means little steps towards a big goal. Now the goal was clearly set by the community. They said: "We do not want others to steal our loot, please fix this". What would be the right response? Fixing the boot & loot right? I mean a 8-year old would understand that I guess. Now what do they do instead? Introduce this system which does not even mention fixing boot & loot. A practical example would be: if your bike does not move because it lacks wheels (and you expect me to repair it), I do not try to install bigger pedals (after making you wait 2 months) and call it a fix. Now if I did that, what would you say/think about me? AAAnd they did the same thing.

There are solutions which are like "Hmm I am not sure about this, maybe it will work" and there are really REALLY bad ones. If you wait months and come up with a really bad solution, you have to expect really emotional and negative feedback, such as mine. Now they get paid really well and I think that they should cope with it, because this is part of their job. I also have to communicate with really rude people and smile to them, because this brings me money and I have to do it. Almost all of us has to do this, so why would they be different?
  • Options
    wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Scenarios:

EDIT: And tell me this: WHY ARE WE FORCED to wait 3 minutes to kick the guy who just joined while he is left with a comfort to kick us?!!! You mixed the things up guys, THE NEW guy is supposed to have 3 minute cool down on kicks because HE did not fight in that instance, because he is not supposed to the "pro guy" who starts making the things the way he wants them to be.

As I understood the patch notes no one can votekick for 3 minutes after a recent join not even the player that joined (cant imagine they have overlooked that and that it actually works the way you think).
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    stpensive wrote: »
    @misterrrwarlock Now they get paid really well and I think that they should cope with it, because this is part of their job. I also have to communicate with really rude people and smile to them, because this brings me money and I have to do it. Almost all of us has to do this, so why would they be different?

You can attempt to justify it any way you like, misterrwarlock, but there is no excuse, at all, to be rude and condescending to anyone especially when asking for help. If nothing else, it's certainly counterproductive; 'YOU'RE AN IDIOT... now help me'. See how silly that reads?

I would, however, be interested in how your earned wage to rudeness logic scales. Homeless person, you are pleasant and nice to; 50k, you can be curt but not belligerent; 500k, you can take a Thai food brewed dump in their BMW and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on their rose bushes; is that how it works?

In my time in support, I have come to realize that keyboards create a condition that is hard to compensate for. They give the illusion that there is not a human reading what you are typing; that caustic comments are are somehow excused. 'Keyboard courage' we call it, and while there is no known cure, the therapy I would recommend would be to walk up to a perfect stranger and ALL CAPS yell at them; see how that works with getting what you want.

If you only knew how such tripe sabotages the good points you are trying to communicate. I would, without hesitation, take what @linkjdb wrote to a developer. It's well worded, stays on point and free of platitudes. Yours, not so much.
    Post edited by stpensive on