test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Go-To guys for Control Wizard Advice and Support.

sobritish1sobritish1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Library
I want to get together a group of around 5 People who have wide knowledge on their builds and know the in's and out's of a Control Wizard and will be willing to be their via Xbox Smartglass or just Xbox Messaging to help Support the other Control Wizards of out community with advice on what the best build or setup might be best for them.

I myself am a Renegade suited to my own build and what suits me and the way i run my Dungeons.

I know two other Control Wizards who run Thaumaturge And Oppressor which may also join the group to support the Community. We want to be the guys which know the current module and whats best for our class at the current time and learn from the infomation we're provided to know what to expect in the future So we can adapt quickly and advise the community.

There are many guides out there which can help you with everything but if you have any Questions and you cant find it in the guide, We can help you guys out.

Support Group Gamertag Contact List: (Will Expand)

- UkHowie [RENEGADE]
2v2jm07.png
NW Xbox - Howie
Class - Control Wizard
GT - Howie EU
Post edited by sobritish1 on

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Correct me if I am wrong, as I do not own an xbox and I am commenting from experience from the pc version so I don't know if its different, but your stat allocation on defense and HP is highly inefficient. On the pc version, a far more optimal allocation during mod 5 would have been 2k defense and 35k+ hp, not 3.4k defense. I would look into that, other then that, compared to the pc builds its looks like pretty much all of the mod 5 cookie cutter builds. The extra hp was extremely useful because of the lifesteal stat, so long as your hp was not reduced to 0, your lifesteal would keep you going.
  • sobritish1sobritish1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mod 4 we have shores and eLol, these at no matter what hp unless your a GF can survive a main attack from maybe golems and especially the bosses even at 35khp, for instance Shores boss throws the Knives which can deal sometimes 39k critical. From friends who I met on my adventures some have played the PC version and made me aware that mod 5 would change things for us but, for now this build is helping with the damage resistance and recovering fast enough to stay full health.
    NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nice to know we are Mod 4, and not 5. That is a darn nice wizard. Mine is a MoF, and wishes to be that strong. One day, I say, one day...
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sobritish1 wrote: »
    Mod 4 we have shores and eLol, these at no matter what hp unless your a GF can survive a main attack from maybe golems and especially the bosses even at 35khp, for instance Shores boss throws the Knives which can deal sometimes 39k critical. From friends who I met on my adventures some have played the PC version and made me aware that mod 5 would change things for us but, for now this build is helping with the damage resistance and recovering fast enough to stay full health.

It doesn't really matter, the HP is still more efficient then the defense assuming they using the same curves, in fact, assuming you got 2k defense, you would need ~45k hp for defense to become more efficient. The difference in hp will matter for all content except SoT and elol, say you go into CN with your gear, but 35k hp instead of 22k hp. With 35k hp, you would be able to run door to door solo quite easily and then murder all the adds, by yourself, solo. With 22k hp whilst you may still be able to do the dungeon solo, it will be much more challenging and there is no way you would be able to run it door to door.

If you pvp, the hp will also make a much bigger difference then defense.
  • marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We have class balancing and abilities from mod 5. I also run a ss renegade tiefling build and my arm pen is at 24% which is 2540 as that is the highest resistance ignored in PVE. I would advise you to take out a radiant from an offense slot and put in a dark rank 8 to get your arm pen to 24%.

My CW is my main and I have played it from day 1 and I have done a lot of research on the ss renegade build, I also run High Viz as I am very much a team player and provide a lot of debuffs and buffs to the team

I am at work atm but I will take a screenshot of my stats later on, I am only at GS 15.7 but my stats are coming along very nicely. Will be higher come tomorrow as my Personalized archmage rings and necklaces will be done by then.
    edited May 2015
    It doesn't really matter, the HP is still more efficient then the defense assuming they using the same curves, in fact, assuming you got 2k defense, you would need ~45k hp for defense to become more efficient. The difference in hp will matter for all content except SoT and elol, say you go into CN with your gear, but 35k hp instead of 22k hp. With 35k hp, you would be able to run door to door solo quite easily and then murder all the adds, by yourself, solo. With 22k hp whilst you may still be able to do the dungeon solo, it will be much more challenging and there is no way you would be able to run it door to door.

If you pvp, the hp will also make a much bigger difference then defense.

Cannot disagree sir, I'll see what I can do.
    NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
    edited May 2015
    My armour pen will hit 24% when I get horn of blasting and go up ap and then drop a draconic to get the 2500
    NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know I don't exactly meet the requirements of being an XB1 player, but I'm always available to answer questions on the current xbox one CW stats, builds, gear, etc.

I mainly play on a Spellstorm Thaumaturge CW, although I have a Spellstorm Renegade and a MoF renegade as well!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • deejayopsdeejayops Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    On XB1, Running a SS Renegade here as my 1st Alt, got 2 Shadow Weaver and was omw to grabbing 2 Magelord but it seems the full High Vizier is the way to go?

I'm holding my own fine in T2s and my rotation is fine (CoI in Mastery, Steal Time, Icy Terrain and Ray of Enfeeblement (for bosses and the tick) or Storm Spell if the mood strikes me)) - but I seem to come up poor in the charts with other CWs by 2-6 million. I'm actually *reducing* my crit (44%ish) & trying to get ArP (6%ish atm) - could that be where the problem lay? Or in a couple of feat choices perhaps? I'm finding it hard to get more ArP w/out sacrificing power because of my gear choice I think. GS bout 12k.

I run Chilling Presence/Spell Storm and obv use Chilling Cloud solely for my At-Will in PvE unless I really need to freeze something w/RoF.

Any suggestions/build advice is welcome. Got a free respec token :)
  • whatthenlcritwhatthenlcrit Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Could you show us you feats? Or link us to whatever build you're useing?? Would help alot
    deejayops wrote: »
    On XB1, Running a SS Renegade here as my 1st Alt, got 2 Shadow Weaver and was omw to grabbing 2 Magelord but it seems the full High Vizier is the way to go?

I'm holding my own fine in T2s and my rotation is fine (CoI in Mastery, Steal Time, Icy Terrain and Ray of Enfeeblement (for bosses and the tick) or Storm Spell if the mood strikes me)) - but I seem to come up poor in the charts with other CWs by 2-6 million. I'm actually *reducing* my crit (44%ish) & trying to get ArP (6%ish atm) - could that be where the problem lay? Or in a couple of feat choices perhaps? I'm finding it hard to get more ArP w/out sacrificing power because of my gear choice I think. GS bout 12k.

I run Chilling Presence/Spell Storm and obv use Chilling Cloud solely for my At-Will in PvE unless I really need to freeze something w/RoF.

Any suggestions/build advice is welcome. Got a free respec token :)

Hi buddy, running the two set can be nice sometimes but having High vizier is recommended however you will drop alot of Defence and Critical strike. Defence isn't very easy to get for us control wizards and not really necessary. However our critical strike is. Run renegade and keep chilling presence slotted as you get a Major damage buff on controlled targets which increases your damage more respectively on more targets however Single target dungeons E.g. Lostmauth, eye of the strongest is better. When you get 2400 crit minimum which the cat augment can help with this, maybe then you can change your build around and experiment more but the 10% crit chance from chilling presence helps.

You will only get Armor Pen when you get your 3-4 two slot rings which give 250 armour pen each, boons is an extra 200 plus other gears eg neck. 20 jewellery crafting is highly recommended, Ironzergs guide is made for helping progress your account until you hit endgame and you will keep playing about with your stats until you get all the gear you need. You will keep rotating Enchantments like I did most likely between Azures radiants and darks. These enchantments will help you upkeep hard caps and soft caps whilst you progress your gear and stats.
    NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
    Could you show us you feats? Or link us to whatever build you're useing?? Would help alot

Add UkHowie and I have my Feats posted there for everyone to view.
    NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
  • deejayopsdeejayops Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Cheers :) I changed my rotation up and am running High Vizier's now for much better results. As you said, trying to balance stars and hit soft caps where possible - think I have to run CN as I need to push to 13k which will need higher than T2 rings/amulet (loong way off JC sadly)
    deejayops wrote: »
    Cheers :) I changed my rotation up and am running High Vizier's now for much better results. As you said, trying to balance stars and hit soft caps where possible - think I have to run CN as I need to push to 13k which will need higher than T2 rings/amulet (loong way off JC sadly)

Lostmauth rings and neck can be a good sub before you get 20jc as they are nearly BiS

NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I can tell I am doing something wrong with my CW.

He is up to level 60 + 3 Overflow Levels, and pretty much is always the bottom of any PvE ranking and I feel like well he is not very good. My GS is 9.6K within a little bit of AH shopping and more lucking out on low level PvE run. (I know that needs to be better but as I said little effort since I hit 60, PLUS, not like the network has been stable this week.)

I think what I need to do is just respec my character because I had zero knowledge of what to do with powers and feats.
    I need a nice build or some examples of good builds so I can at least see what works and maybe come up with my own design, or copy and not recreate the wheel.

any suggestions or starting points?
    bkthomson wrote: »

He is up to level 60 + 3 Overflow Levels, and pretty much is always the bottom of any PvE ranking and I feel like well he is not very good. My GS is 9.6K within a little bit of AH shopping and more lucking out on low level PvE run. (I know that needs to be better but as I said little effort since I hit 60, PLUS, not like the network has been stable this week.)

I think what I need to do is just respec my character because I had zero knowledge of what to do with powers and feats.
    I need a nice build or some examples of good builds so I can at least see what works and maybe come up with my own design, or copy and not recreate the wheel.

Well by the looks of it you have already hit 60, if you can have the opportunity to respec, get Steal Time Icy Terrain Sudden Storm and conduit of ice. These will be your main 4, if you have me Added on xbox you can view my neverwinter screenshots and ill have my feats and powers etc etc posted there for you to view.

Thanks.

NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    sobritish1 wrote: »
    bkthomson wrote: »

Well by the looks of it you have already hit 60, if you can have the opportunity to respec, get Steal Time Icy Terrain Sudden Storm and conduit of ice. These will be your main 4, if you have me Added on xbox you can view my neverwinter screenshots and ill have my feats and powers etc etc posted there for you to view.

Thanks.

Thank for the friend. i took a look at what you had plus some other builds and put something together today that feels a little better. Key was I moved to a new power and feat set that I did not have before. So far things have been positive in doing an epic dungeon.

Though I have it to level three i no longer use my old favorite: "Shard of the Endless Avalanche"
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Level 60 SPELL STORM THAMATURGE CONTROL WIZARD 16.5 K GEAR SCORE 6.9K POWER, 4.0K CRIT , 2.49K ARMOUR PENETRATION, 2.7 K RECOVERY, 40.1 K CRIT CHANCE , 95.2 CRIT SEVERITY , ACTIVE COMPANIONS : CANTAKEROUS MAGE LVL 30 PURPLE, DANCING BLADE PURPLE LVL 30, ENERNIAS OF BENYAL LVL 30 PURPLE , CAT LVL 30 PURPLE , FIRE ARCHON LVL 30 PRUPLE, FULL HIGH VIZIER SET ARTIFACTS : LVL 100 BELIALS PORTAL STONE , LVL 87 LANTERN OF REVILATION, LVL 75 HEART OF THE RED DRAGON. ENCHANTMENTS MIN RANK 8-9 PERFECT VORPALWEAPON ENCHANTMENT ARMOUR ENCHANTMENT NORMAL SOUL FORGE

ANYTHING ELSE I CAN ANWSER GT: MH HAVOC IN GAME NAME : HATED

LOOKING FOR ADVICE FROM SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT DOING

THANKS,

HATED
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    XBOX ONE VERSION
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    For those lacking in damage, check your ArP %. I don't care if you have a Perfect Vorp and a 50% crit chance with 10,000 power, if your ArP is low you WILL be out damaged. Once I got my ArP to 24% my damage increased A LOT.

Also, while I always use CoI, Icy Terr, and Steal Time, I am surprised that not more people use Chill Strike. Sudden Storm is great and does nice damage but it does not proc the High Viz set bonus. Chill Strike does good damage, adds chill of course which increases damage with proper feats, AND gives 2 stacks of the High Viz debuff.

So I always run with CoI(tab), Icy, Steal Time, and Chill Strike. For single target I use CoI, Chill Strike, Icy Rays, and Sudden Storm.