test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

to everyone complaining about hr's perma stunning.

rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
while i do not like the gameplay and do think its a little unfair the only class that has a right to complain is the sw. as every other class ive broken the hr from ccing me with ease and dont have a problem with them.

as a cw i use repel and entangling force both are fast enough to shut them down for a sec you really need repel to keep them off of you. use your dodge wisely.

gf has shield obviously and sometimes they can get behind it but thats just finding your weakness cw can do it to you also.

gwf obviously has unstoppable that completely shuts hr's down and pally has a few cc breakers to keep free mainly their shield works for it now.

dc's have trouble but seeing as they are impossible to kill by other classes i think its fair plus ive seen dc's outdo good hr's by just playing smart and making good use of those heals. tr has stealth ofc and since i have yet to see one this mod that is not saboteur i think its safe to say you cant hit what you cant see. thats the end of my rant thanks guys.
Post edited by rebellionstuff on

Comments

• umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They should just change the roots back to what they were circa mod 2.

Those were way more fun! So many LOLs watching the poor CW teleport backwards.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It was a bug fix not a nerf.
  • kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tr has stealth ofc and since i have yet to see one this mod that is not saboteur i think its safe to say you cant hit what you cant see. thats the end of my rant thanks guys.

i'm a TR, and i'm not a sabo. so yes i've got complains about that perma stun. doesn't even respect ITC. so i use smoke bomb to break their rotation. yes doesn't do much damage, but a perma stun HR can kill you nice and slow, or his other teammates will burn you to death once you get caught..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    krisein wrote: »
    i'm a TR, and i'm not a sabo. so yes i've got complains about that perma stun. doesn't even respect ITC. so i use smoke bomb to break their rotation. yes doesn't do much damage, but a perma stun HR can kill you nice and slow, or his other teammates will burn you to death once you get caught..

lol it respects itc. only disruptive shot doesnt respect it because disruptice shot disrupts EVERYTHING.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've said it before and will say it again: to everyone complaining about it, tough.
    HR encounters (for trappers, anyway) are weaker than other classes' at-wills. HR at-wills are so weak they're laughable.
    The only reason you hate it so much is that it takes us so long to kill you with it, unless most other classes' 3 or 4-button kills.
    Meanwhile, we're vulnerable to everyone else while we laboriously kill you one tiny bit at a time.
    If we had encounter powers or dailies worth the name, you'd hardly notice because it would be over quickly, just as it is with most other classes.
  • name0rngname0rng Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    the fix would be an ICD on roots.

As I suggested in one of the threads here , yes little icd ( half sec even can be 1\3 sec) is the way to go to avoid perma stun root
    So there be window to dodge for good players
    Right now I can dodge it only if the hr do mistake ( and Lots of them doing mistakes gladly) but the best ones u can't no matter what survive in 1 on 1 situations and I be fine with that .. But there is the point how .. winning by perma stun with no way to break loose doesn't determined skill very much ,, only that the hr played is by good player
    but if u also good player , it just doesn't show there
    And that's the problem
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A good HR rootbrute can permanently lock down an SW until they are dead which SW able to use anything at all exactly 0 times from the first root, incredibly maddening. SW has CC immune while shifting and also has some CC to throw back. But. It's not just root, it is root and daze. If it was just immobilize(root) you could use encounters.

There are a few things, however.

Anticipate the HR - Wheel (Wind) can be used prior to be being rooted in the first place (gives CC immune)
    Oghma's token artifact - Of course, Breaks the root> Shift away.
    Normal or better Elven Battle enchant- Works on root and shortens the duration enough to be able to Shift=CCimmune, Land a CC(Brood/HadersGrasp/etc)

Still, geared HR roots wins almost every time.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    A good HR rootbrute can permanently lock down an SW until they are dead which SW able to use anything at all exactly 0 times from the first root, incredibly maddening. SW has CC immune while shifting and also has some CC to throw back. But. It's not just root, it is root and daze. If it was just immobilize(root) you could use encounters.

There are a few things, however.

Anticipate the HR - Wheel (Wind) can be used prior to be being rooted in the first place (gives CC immune)
    Oghma's token artifact - Of course, Breaks the root> Shift away.
    Normal or better Elven Battle enchant- Works on root and shortens the duration enough to be able to Shift=CCimmune, Land a CC(Brood/HadersGrasp/etc)

Still, geared HR roots wins almost every time.
    The time oghma gives just simply not enough to kill a geared HR :/ Once it ends, it's 90% death in permadaze again.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lol it respects itc. only disruptive shot doesnt respect it because disruptice shot disrupts EVERYTHING.

ITC break cc from roots. But after cc break, cc immunity is not respected :

1) roots
    2) itc -> break roots, free movement for 0.5s.
    3) roots again.

Even the mod-5 TR scoudrel don't do that. Need an icd, a possibility for the prey to use potions/powers. Yesterday i fought against a geared perma-daze HR, during the 12s of the fight, i can't did anything : 1 itc, 1 shift, and then no potion, no power, nothing. I just died as if i'm sit in the node and went out of my pc for smoke. Roots make stealth useless, itc immunity don't work, funny.

They have a lot of things to fix in pvp ( matchmaking, piercings damages, perma-heal, perma-stealth ) but perma-daze need a fix too.
    and since i have yet to see one this mod that is not saboteur

I'm not a Sabo. I'm not agree with this possibility of perma-steath and cheated piercings damages. Combat TR are alive. Until a fight against a perma-thing.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    look, i have HR too, pvp a lot and only once i see someone using this permabug. But many times i see HRs struggling badly, no damage, no defence, nothing. Every HR gladly delete a possibility to have a permabug instead of more damage and defence
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Perma cc needs removed period. There are no legit arguments for it. Without it HR would be at a disadvantage because of the low dps. Dps needs to be upped and have the daze part of the roots put on a internal cooldown of like 15 sec. Let them root, but being unable to do anything is unacceptable.
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've said it before and will say it again: to everyone complaining about it, tough.
    HR encounters (for trappers, anyway) are weaker than other classes' at-wills. HR at-wills are so weak they're laughable.
    The only reason you hate it so much is that it takes us so long to kill you with it, unless most other classes' 3 or 4-button kills.
    Meanwhile, we're vulnerable to everyone else while we laboriously kill you one tiny bit at a time.
    If we had encounter powers or dailies worth the name, you'd hardly notice because it would be over quickly, just as it is with most other classes.

What do you mean weak At-Wills? Clear The Ground can do a WHOLE 600 damage! And killing most players only takes 6-8 rotations. :o

LOL... seriously though. Roots need to be fixed. (All roots are currently broken and undodgeable, whether from HRs, CW's Icy Rays, etc.)

As well, CC locks need to be out of the game if this is going to be a skill based game (ICD on being affected by any particular CC type maybe?)

Damage should have less deviation across classes, and every class should have invulnerability frames of some sort. (The DR cap on a blocking GF isn't helping against a Sabo TR).

This is a all a lot of coding and money.... my estimation is that it will never happen. So instead of a balanced game with a good combat system, we have Neverwinter. It's still fun though....
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Perma CC needs to go. Im getting tired of this bs. Getting stun locked for over 20s is worse then being 3 shoted.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    GIMME DAMAGE and we can talk about nerfing cc and trading sisters
  • ZooidinZooidin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Agree Rayrdan.

ITC is one of the most OP abilities in the game, together with no charges cloud of steel + shadow oportunity, Shocking execution and the most insane mobility with its dodges. Trs, just have it all right now, spike damage, piercing damage, bleeds, escape, too high deflection for someone that goes invisible. I'm just gonna play a Tr, since devs love it so much.

Hope they look at the pvp tables and figure something out.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    nah tr are humans again after the last patch
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    for all those wineing about roots....mhm...so lets take stun and slow from rogues then?

u got slowed by rogue's deft strike then he goes stealth and uses cloud and flurry and poooof u go dead...so much fun u know.
    and dat thaumaturge cw's got u force grasp then frosbeam with desintegrate then icerays and desintegrate again and wait...ima supposed to be already dead cause they got me crit like hell burning with MoF passives.

and then some dudes complain about roots wich must be maintained as like u are playing piano.

i say, go ta hell with your complaints and do not touch our roots they are torned and bite.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    As a PF Combat HR I have absolutely zero chance against these skilless Trappers I am seeing more of in pvp. I have Oghma's and it helps me FA. They stand almost at melee range and just pew pew pew. Meanwhile, I cannot do a single thing no matter how many keys I spam. The buttons are greyed out and I cannot even use them. Even when I am able to hit say Fox Shift the window is so small that the ability doesn't even get cast. This is beyond a joke already and needs serious attention please devs. The time it takes a perma-cc Trapper to kill me is not the issue - me not being able to do a single thing is the bigger frustration.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yeah it is really fun standing for 30 sec in place without being able to use skills(because even if you get 0.273 seconds between procs you cant really cast anything in that time) while hr kills you

its like tTerror TR in smoke, except smoke doesnt ever end or go on cd

this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mechanic, it doesnt have place in any game and needs to go just like permabash was removed from dota(if you remember that troll champion)
    Paladin Master Race
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    Here we go again with the "But what about rogues?" argument...

I aint saying the trouble is only trs, cws and pallies are pain in the ars too. but when a cw catches you, it's just you've been reckless stealing apples from a neighbours garden. And pallies, sometimes i just pretend there is no such character on a battlefield called "one man army", and it goes fine, a dont fight him one on one and just go some other spot.

But TRs oh no sir, when u meet one u get nothing, they just come outa shadows to say u good day and u are warming ya butt at campfire. the thing is that duration of roots is halfed on players but duration of slow has no such restriction only a daze part of action but it really doest help u any way when u literraly just stand in a middle of a smoke cloud unable to move cause your skills are locked down by a rotation of slows and stuns.

1. The slow from Deft Strike is nominal at best
    2. TRs already had dazes cut many patches ago because of complaints about perma stuns
    3. If you have a problem with the slow Deft Strike gives you must really hate Smoke Bomb >:)
    It really does get old when every single time there is an issue with another class people use it as a way to try and further call for TR nerfs. Stop defending a build that you very well know is broken and is over the top on the CC capability it gives.

kk, slow for deft - ok, can handle this.
    daze cut....mhm...not sure about dat, they got a thunder chant nerf wich proced multiple stun effects on target, nothing else i'm aware about.
    smoke bomd sure i got my butt in flames every time it is used around, and the thing is it wont be much if only it gave slow but not super slow and damage spam which lets a TR proc all the executioner mechanics with hp thresholds and most times u are dead if u are not a cleric, op or gwf/gf.

Also rogues just do not have precast animation like rangers do. we both have invis, bur a rogue enters it one click, ranger goes dat stupid grass, if u move it doesnt work, if u get caught it doesnt work, if hr gets hit when changes stance, the stance change doesn't proc, much fun such bugs wow.

the number of classe a hr can kill is limited to 3 at best, as follows: SW, HR, GWF, DC (sometimes possible if not a healbot)

So lets call it a night and think which class has more survival and mobility + insane control but not only of a single target but a whole dang spot on pvp ground.
  • l0ll13sl0ll13s Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Maybe its just me but im playing GWF pvp and when i face an HR that knows the perma stun thing not even unstoppable helps cause for soem reason i still get HR CC when unstoppable so GWF is pretty mcuh screwed.

but then again maybe that is just me.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    A good hr can lockdown my DC 100% till death.. thats a little too much.

But frankly, I dont think HRs should be adjusted until pallys are, without the HR .. pallys are even more ridiculous (just like the CW storm spell shouldnt have been touched yet, until that class is fixed)

There is actually not enough dps hanging around atm due to the pally.

• bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    A good hr can lockdown my DC 100% till death.. thats a little too much.

This statement means nothing. What GS are you? What GS are the HRs that kill you? With inspect the way it is, it's very difficult to figure out opponents GS. Higher GS players should be able to kill you.

I'm a 4k+/- trapper HR, some DCs (lower GS) I can kill but takes awhile. These situations are few and far between. Some DCs (high GS) I can't kill because they have higher GS or have figured out how to fight a HR. CC is currently the only way to kill TR, DC, OP.
  • andyzazandyzaz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    dc's have trouble but seeing as they are impossible to kill by other classes i think its fair plus ive seen dc's outdo good hr's by just playing smart and making good use of those heals. tr has stealth ofc and since i have yet to see one this mod that is not saboteur i think its safe to say you cant hit what you cant see. thats the end of my rant thanks guys.

1st, I'm a TR and I do exec class tree w/ master inf and I do pretty well and I'm usually at the top of the chart
    I don't use ITC, and I have escaped the HR before when he was alone w/out buddies to help w/ cc's.

2nd, HR's have a massive DPS, and when I do escape I'm usually also half dead and must stealth away, I know an HR who competes w/ GWF's and TR's way above her TIL and if she doesn't do better, it's very close (I'm talking about she has around 2k I believe, compared to above 2.5k TIL)

last, the best HR I've seen in pvp didn't do perma stun ... he just killed super friggin fast as a trapper, so be happy ur not playing him, if u ever see an HR named dracula against u, ur probably dead