test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] No more "Logging out" possible in Mod 22?

kotoamatzukamikotoamatzukami Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited January 2022 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I can't log out anymore!
When I am in the character selection and click on "Logout", the game shuts down. That's bad for me, regarding that my brother doesnt play the game anymore but gave me his account details and I try to keep that one up to date aswell (at least as far as possible; maybe he will come back sometime). Now I can't even log into that account since when I start the game it's always connected to my account and, well, it won't let me switch!
Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Same problem occurs from "ingame", can't log out that way either.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    What is your platform?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

What is your platform?

I edited the title with "[PC]", doesnt it show?
  • Options
    How do you launch Neverwinter? Through steam, Arc or run the executable directly?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    b3yz4deb3yz4de Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same problem here (steam)
  • Options

How do you launch Neverwinter? Through steam, Arc or run the executable directly?

Steam, just like b3yz4de.
  • Options

Steam, just like b3yz4de.
    Until some kind of fix is implemented, use the Neverwinter executable directly to login the your brother's account. Using the executable directly is more efficient and less headache anyway.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    You linked your accounts. There was a warning before doing it ("Account linking is permanent. Once your Steam account is linked with your Arc account, you will automatically be logged into this account every time you launch the game from Steam."), linking your steam account to your arc account when logging in through the launcher.
    Using the exe like plasticbat said is the only "fix" - afaik there is no way to "unlink" accounts
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    Thx guys, I read the same thing several times a little later yesterday evening.
    Already tried it and it works, can log out normally this way.

You linked your accounts. There was a warning before doing it ("Account linking is permanent. Once your Steam account is linked with your Arc account, you will automatically be logged into this account every time you launch the game from Steam."), linking your steam account to your arc account when logging in through the launcher.
    Using the exe like plasticbat said is the only "fix" - afaik there is no way to "unlink" accounts

And I have/had no problem with that. But who could have thought that for some buggy reason, you won't be able to log out AT ALL?
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I run two accounts, and use the steam launcher. Before the patch It would default to logging into my primary account, and on the character select screen (or on the esc menu in-game) if I wanted to switch accounts over to my secondary account. I could click "log out" and change my loggin info to my other account. But ever since the patch whenever I try to click the "log out" button it just closes the game entirely, and there is no way to change the loggin credentials on the launcher that I can find. Someone help please.
  • Options
    Don't use steam to get into NW. Run the Neverwinter.exe executable directly.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I tried that, when I try to run it gives me an error that says this "Unable to find required game data files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix the situation."

I'm not using a shortcut for it, just clicking the .exe directly in the game folder

and the game directory is not in the usual place for steam games which is in the "steamapps\common" folder. the game folder on my HD is installed in a directory outside of steam entirely. which was not by choice, that is just where Steam defaulted to installing it.
    Post edited by chadblodgett on
  • Options
    edited January 2022

I tried that, when I try to run it gives me an error that says this "Unable to find required game data files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix the situation."

I'm not using a shortcut for it, just clicking the .exe directly in the game folder

You need to run the executable within the Neverwinter directory. Hence, you may need to create a shortcut (which can specify the working directory) to do so.

In my shortcut:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter.exe"
    Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en"
  • Options
    edited January 2022

You need to run the executable within the Neverwinter directory. Hence, you may need to create a shortcut (which can specify the working directory) to do so.

In my shortcut:

the only executable I see in the entire neverwinter folder is located here

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\x64"

the file is named GameClient.exe and when I try to just run that file from the folder it is sitting in by double clicking it I get that error I mentioned.

• Options

In my shortcut:

the only executable I see in the entire neverwinter folder is located here

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\x64"

the file is named GameClient.exe and when I try to just run that file from the folder it is sitting in by double clicking it I get that error I mentioned.

Look for Neverwinter.exe from your hard disk.
  • Options
    asmongold#0976 asmongold Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Developers seems to don't care about the issue, i was unable to play for 3 days now
  • Options

Developers seems to don't care about the issue, i was unable to play for 3 days now

Did you try to enter directly via Nevewinter.exe? As far as I heard that worked/works for everyone that had/has the same problem.