NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tolaria intro is totally lame

Tolaria is the greatest school in dominaria, if not the multiverse. But the intro is totally mismanaged. I will admit, ive only done the intro. If it gets better, tell me as I wont be able to play for the weekend for other things. But the intro is the same "joke" like 6 times. "Over here youll see the building where OH LOOK SOMETHING QUIRKY". This joke is seriously done like 5-6 times. Why not actually introduce us to the world, instead of this?

Comments

• Options

I thought the bit when you are asked to go look after someone was a bit ridiculous. "Hey random planeswalker that I know nothing about who just happened to randomly teleport in the middle of my lesson, let me show you around and then why don't you go do this for me." lol

• Options

Mmm, as someone who is kind of new in the magic universe, the Tolaria story gave me an idea of what is going on there. Like researching artifacts and closing the more dangerous ones away in chambers and like. In context with the other story quests - both in tolaria and the other planes - i also now know, that the academy is kind of well known.

It's also a little different story-wise from the others. And i peronally like that.

Gave me the impression of some kind of "detective" story. Well, kind of. ;)

• Options
    p4jzs#2478 p4jzs Posts: 4

Tolaria questline even has a bug which makes impossible to finish.. Currently I need to click on an artifact, but nothing happens. :/ Waiting for new patch. Red and Black questline is quite fun though, maybe their storyteller should check the blue line. :)

• Options
    forthewinwin#6386 forthewinwin Posts: 367 Cryptic Developer

Thanks very much for the feedback, everyone!

@p4jzs#2478 - Have you been able to compete the Tolaria Overworld story yet?

Winter "Winwin" Mullenix

Senior Writer | Cryptic Studios

• Options

@P4jzs I have a guide on how to get through this quest Zoly421 on youtube check it out and let me know if you need any help.

• Options
    p4jzs#2478 p4jzs Posts: 4

Yes I learned the "trick", you have to click shift and then left click the thing. With this feature you can click anything even far before you.

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 77

The intro quest is... quite a bit forced. But the Social Artifice one is hilarious. You talk to two students, and even though they don't say anything even remotely suspicious, the head guy always thinks they're lying. I mean, I know we want to get to killing stuff, but make their dialog less innocuous or something so we actually have reason to believe they're suspicious? Maybe make us talk to a third or fourth student, so there are some honest ones. I mean, why do we bother to talk to them if we're just going to invade their minds regardless of what they say?

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

well I agree about the first student being innocuous, but the second one was very obviously suspicious, in a cartoonish way 👀

• Options
    sexyrainboysexyrainboy Posts: 68

This thread is not important compared to the other ones there. Why has this one got a response. Keep the devs focused on the big issues please.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

not being able to progress in the game is kind of a big deal, and that's what got the response, rather than the original topic

it looks like he did figure it out though, even if he had to use a trick rather than it just working as expected, so I guess we can move on