NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spells doing a third of the stated damage.

I already noticed some time ago that slag strike does a third of the damage stated in the spell and reported it, nothing about it in patches yet (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/magic#/discussion/7417/slag-strike-doing-too-low-damage). Now, I have noticed the same for psionic shatter. According to my calculations, psionic shatter should do 954019 damage with my current loadout; however, it only does 316691 damage, a third of the theoretical damage (with a 0.4% deviation). This is frustrating, two of the most damaging spells are right now doing a third of their damage, and now I am starting to wonder if there are other spells suffering from the same. Please fix this, I really want to use these spells, but while they remain broken they are just too bad.

I attach screenshots comparing the damage done by psionic shatter (first) and char (second) under the same loadout, to easily see how bad the spell is (psionic shatter is supposed to do more damage than char, but here we see it doing less than half)

Post edited by higurewindstill#9502 on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Posts: 5

I think that in non-instanced content it scales everyone to some arbitrary level which also scales the damage to an arbitrary level. Try going into an instanced mission and checking the damage there - the first two difficulty levels scale everything to your current level, and you should see the numbers being higher in there.

• Options
    edited June 2021

I don't think that is the problem. I can accurately estimate the final damage of all the spells I use, so the scaling seems to work properly. For example, according to my calculations char should do 716,450 damage under the conditions I took the screenshot. The real damage was, as you can see, nearly identical (716,495). Psionic shatter, on the other hand, only did 316,691, a third of what was supposed to do under my calculation. Something similar happens with slag strike, which does exactly a third of the damage that is supposed to do, confirmed by the observations of another player.

Even if I assume my calculations are not reliable, there is no way that psionic shatter, that has a base damage higher than that of char, does less than half its damage, so there is clearly a bug there. I will do some more tests to make sure about the exact problem.

UPDATE: after testing both slag strike and psionic shatter with different loadouts, sorcery potencies and difficulties, I am 100% sure: both spells are scaling correctly but are using a base damage 3 times lower than the one stated in their cards.

Post edited by higurewindstill#9502 on