NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quickplay is anything but quick

Assuming the queue even works, I often sit there for 5+ minutes at 1/3 players. That isn't quick.

Then there's the fact that a significant portion of the time it just says Matching... and never progresses beyond that point. Not even saying 1/3 players or anything similar. Have to abandon and requeue.

Then there's the fact that a significant portion of the time IF you manage to actually get a match it simply decides not to count it and you don't get the quickplay reward.

Quickplay is anything but quick and a pretty serious flop on most counts.

Comments

• Options
    plamagicplamagic Posts: 11

Quick play does not really work, or well it does not work as intended regarding the bonuses.

It is very sometime-ish and with the requeuing, I experience that often - though I have not used quickly play for a few days now since first experiences kept being a waste of time.

Hopefully there is some staff checking these forums regarding bugs because submitting a ticket does nothing since they refer back to posting on the forum anyway.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233
    edited June 2021

I missed out on rewards for about a week, and they really need to fix this soon. The actual issue seems like a really silly oversight. Apparently you can easily end up in the wrong kind of queue, and that confuses things.

There is a workaround in the meantime, though. I've been consistently getting rewards for the last 5 days, so it should work if you do it right.

What I do is:

• Go to the Benalia tab (or any region; it doesn't matter which)
    • Go to Rise of the Cabal (or any Story Mission)
    • Set the difficulty to whatever you want, keeping in mind that you can't public queue for Expert+ if your class isn't level 30 (I use Normal for quickplay just to get through it fast)
    • Set the Queue Type to Public!
    • Go down to Flight from the Cabal (or any Ordeal)
    • Set the Queue Type to Public, again!
    • Now go queue for Quickplay, and it should work. (it has for me, every time)

Another Note:

I don't know if it matters, but I usually do all this before any regional dailies or the event (I'm sure most of us are done with the event anyway). I figured I'd mention it, just in case.

Also, it's really weird that Story Missions and Ordeals keep track of the Queue Type independently. Why is it like that?

EDIT: It seems that doing it first thing after logging in actually does matter.

Post edited by nath#9170 on
  • Options
    nymysisnymysis Posts: 102

I have had the workaround fail many times.

• Options

As have I. In fact, it's never worked for me though to be perfectly honest I gave up after a few days of hitting my head against that particular brick wall.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233
    edited June 2021

Well I guess I was just lucky for several days in a row. Today, even with the same procedure I've been following this whole time, I didn't get the reward in two attempts. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: Apparently doing quickplay first thing was actually important. Today I did a couple extra things first, and that might be why I didn't get the reward. Gotta do quickplay as the first activity after logging in.

Post edited by nath#9170 on