NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SPEED RUN FROM FRESH START: Lessons Learned

edited May 2021 in General Discussion

I wanted to answer the question: Starting a completely new game, can I "beat the game" in one day? Well, I was able to do it, but not with a time worth bragging about. The goal wasn't just to "go fast", but to give me some experience to help me go faster in the future.

I started the run at 5:15 am. It took me a long 16 hours and 15 minutes, but fixable mistakes were made.

I played Geomancer for its abilities, and then after Tazeem, chose Blue for its powerful spells - no regrets about that at all. I'll probably do RU for the next speed run, before branching out later.

Video of first 11.5 hours:

I have compiled info about the run and some thoughts/lessons in this google doc:

I hope to do it in 12 hours in the future, and that doc has some ideas for cutting some of my wasted time out, as well as other ideas for making more-interesting-than-Cryptic's "endgame" content.

Note: Here's a link to WiseKrackers speed run:

He completed all of the missions in 4 hours and 24 minutes using a high level character with legendary artifacts. While this is very different from what I was trying to accomplish, it is interesting nonetheless.

Post edited by wizardmentor#5967 on

Comments