NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Conundrum: 6 X 30 = 175?!?

Hi there,

Just reporting a bug. I've managed to get all my classes to 30, but the total of the 6 classes is 175, so somewhere along the way we missed five levels. Thinking the additional classes didn't add 1 level for the base class. So this would explain things, but I am just assuming (we know what that means?) (Smile)

Has anyone else noticed this bug?

Thanks for investigating on our behalf.

Antioch

Comments

• Options

I have leveled up 4 classes to 30, and my "class level" (displayed in the main menu and party information) is 120, so there should not be any missed 1st level for that. However, that is not the same as the planeswalker level (displayed in the loadout), which does not count the 1st level of any of the additional classes. So if you manage to go into a new class just after reaching level 30 with the last one, you should finish indeed with 175 planeswalker level. Which level are you talking about, the one displayed in the main menu at the start or the one displayed in the loadout?

• Options
    antioch#8264 antioch Posts: 168

I leveled the classes back to back, so that I was 175 when I was done. Then I started leveling my Planeswalker levels. So I'm at 184 now, but I gained 9 levels as a Plainswalker to reach that point. I am talking about in game and Main Menu it shows 184 now; well Main Menu Shows 180/184. I have spoken with a GameMaster and it is a known issue, I was just directed to the forums to post.

Thanks for the reply,

A.

• Options

the game does not give you the 1st level of the planeswalker you get after the 1st. this does not matter much as you can just keep leveling past it.

• Options

Given those numbers, I don't see any problem at all. As I said, I have seen that the game gives us two different numbers:

-Class level: the sum of levels from all classes (in your case 30 levels x 6 classes = 180). This numbers appears in the top right corner of the main menu (character selection) and in the party information, and won't change as long as you don't play with a new class.

-Planeswalker level: the sum of all levels gained from the beginning, it won't count the 1st level of new classes (so that is why you only got 175 levels when you finished leveling the 6 classes, 30 + 29 x 5 = 175). Once you reach level 30 on the class and you keep gaining experience it will keep raising (as you have it right now at 184). This is the important number, the one that increases your level stats, and it is shown in the top left corner of the in-game menu and in the loadout information.

This issue has been commented in several discussions, since people easily get confused having two different numbers (it worried me too at the begining), but as long as the planeswalker level keeps raising I don't believe there is much problem with it, although it makes me wonder if there is any meaning behing the "class level". It would be nice if the developers could give some clarifications about this class/planeswalker level duality and if there is any meaning behind the first number (if not, I don't see any reason to display it).

You are welcome.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

I honestly have no idea why it ever shows the combined class level. It doesn't actually effect anything, and the inconsistency confuses people.

The level of your current class (if it's not maxed), and the actual planeswalker level are the only ones that matter.