NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs are breaking more than they are fixing!

After today's maintenance:

• Special Skirmish on Tolaria: got all the way to the end and killed the Juggernaut boss. Kill the juggernaut sill displayed as objecting and skirmish timed out. Failure.
  • Goblin Mortar skirmish on Shiv: Mortars are in their cages waiting to be built. No mobs present to trigger start of skirmish.
  • World boss, Benalia: My character ended up perpetually falling for the duration of the encounter. Even after the world boss was defeated, character was still perpetually falling. I could not interact with my character in any way. Was kicked when realm destabilized.

This is just what I've come across in the first hour. Seriously, what are you people doing?

Comments

• Options
    sexyrainboysexyrainboy Posts: 68
    edited May 2021

No feedack or fixes this week. if they are silent again next week. i assume they gave up and im out. i mean the bugreport/forum post section is white text on white background, what oes that tell you about design choices.

• Options
    skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator
    edited May 2021

There was going to be a patch on May 6th, but they found a bug last minute that would have been caused by the patch and decided to wait on the patch until the bug was resolved. There is also the big End-of-May Patch planned for the end of this month.

Post edited by skyeborne on
  • Options
    sexyrainboysexyrainboy Posts: 68

Thank you for the update. It makes me feel better.

• Options

It does feel this way. They're patching little inconveniences every time a patch is released, and breaking/ignoring other widespread issues. Just look at how broken targeting has been for any ranged class since launch. Has anything been done to fix that? Nope. The animation locks you get trapped in during even a basic primary attack? Doesn't even seem to be on anyone's radar. The issue of the game becoming a slideshow every time NPCs talk and display a nameplate? Not a peep out of anyone. The problem of a lot of skirmishes not spawning enough enemies to realistically complete them in time? Nada. Most issues that get reported just go stagnant on the forums without so much as a "Thanks, it's on the list now". The "Known Issues" haven't been updated since just after launch. Support doesn't do anything except advise you to report issues on the forum. It's a vicious cycle.

I have no reason to really believe this hyped "End of May patch" is going to do anything except continue the trend. We don't know anything about it so far, we've just been told there's a "big patch" coming. The April patch was mostly fluff. The hype is just being generated by people hoping to see some change - we haven't been told anything that actually gives us a reason to be excited.

• Options
    skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator

I understand the feelings of frustration. I can assure that bugs that are reported both on here and on the forums are being passed on to Cryptic. Performance has been something that Cryptic has been working on continuously since the launch of Open Beta.

• Options

I know its off topic but I feel it important to echo this sentiment because the lack of communication is doing more to push me away from this game than any of the issues I've encountered. I'm totally okay with beta being full of bugs and regressions, its the nature of development. However I have much less patience for this lack of community engagement when there are clearly many glaring issues that need to be addressed and there is no clear roadmap to help set expectations for future content. The community engagement has notably decreased since I started playing, not a good, not good at all.

• Options

Precisely. There's very little to no engagement anymore, and it's hard to trust that something's going to be addressed, when it's been an issue since launch, and it hasn't been brought up once in any of the state of the game announcements, or even listed at the end of patch notes as a work in progress.