NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get some Q/A changes for the Meltdown Mission?

envicoenvico Posts: 156

This should be my favorite mission in the entire game - but it isn't. The idea of running around in a small space to kill a flood of monsters sounds amazing. But there ends up being just not enough enemies to kill. What would make this mission more fun?

1. I should never be able to run to a portal that has zero enemies; unfortunately half of the portals often have zero enemies.
  2. Portals should keep churning out enemies until closed. What is my expectation here? On master I want to see every portal spawn something like 5 enemies every 10 seconds. If there are 5 portals open and 20 seconds pass then there should be 100 enemies in the space. If the game can't handle that many enemies then can we shrink the space a bit to be able to handle more? To keep low level players from being overwhelmed maybe keep normal/hard as finite spawns per portal but have expert/master have the potential to be a dangerous overflow of enemies if you take too long to close the portals.
  3. You should not be able to close a boss portal while the boss is alive. This would create an added element of danger as new enemies will keep pouring out of the portal while the boss is alive. Maybe double enemies spawn out on a boss wave?
  4. Could we maybe get some options to play a mission like this for 10/20/30 minutes instead of just 10 minutes? Maybe we could have world enchants that change mission time from 10 minutes default to : 20/40/60 minutes as a function of rarity. Note without the extra spawns more time would be pointless.
  5. Could we have a menu option to turn the dialogue off when playing a mission after the first time? And maybe this menu option would automatically "talk" to any mission npcs when we get into a mission so we dont have to skip repeatedly.