NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chain the Wicked cost

I've read this and re-read this and I give up... What is the (X) cost in Chain the Wicked for exactly? Does "maintaining this spell" mean the time that you press and hold to increase the X cost? They really do nnnnot explain this well. If that IS how it works, does that mean that you can 'press and hold' until you're nearly dead and still only deal [22,768] damage or whatever...? Somebody break this down for me a bit please.

Side note, I'm probably not going to be making a white deck any time soon, but I still wanna know.

Comments

• Options
    kitsu#3039 kitsu Posts: 40

Hi,

~"Does "maintaining this spell" mean the time that you press and hold to increase the X cost?"~

That is correct. As long as you spend mana on the spell (as long as you hold the button) the effect of the spell will be active. Meaning that whenever a foe attacks you (notice that there seems to be a bug that an attack doesn't count as one if you are immune to damage e.g. while "Veteran Bodyguard" is under your control) that foe is stunned for 3 seconds (up to 6 seconds depending on the damage infliceted to you) and is dealt the amount of damage that is written on the card (plus loadout white sorcery damage increment). I might be wrong on how often the damage is dealt to that foe but I think it works the same way as all the other spells that say "deal x damage over y seconds". So the damage should be dealt every second for as long as the foe ist stunned by this spell. (I never stopped time or watched super closely how often damage was dealt so please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I will rephrase the Spell-Text for you. I hope this will help a bit:

While maintaining this spell (press and hold will maintain the spell and increase the mana spend on (X)), whenever you are attacked (because of the bug I mentioned the correct wording atm would be "inflicted damage" instead of "attacked") by a foe stun that foe for 3 seconds and deal 11,384 damage over 3 seconds to it. The 3 seconds stun and damage duration increases up to 100% (+3sec) depending on the damage that was inflicted to you by that foe.

• Options

Gooootcha, gotcha, gotcha... Thanks for the break-down! :D