NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gavony Quest Line Bug

I've gone through the beginning of the Gavony storyarch twice now and, even after collecting the quest after to slay werewolves and complete skirmishes, I planeswalked away and returned only to be forced to complete the introductory mission again. I didn't see this on the Known Issues forum; is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    haynnes#7639 haynnes Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    Hello, the same thing is happening to me, I still don't see a solution.

Editing: I have noticed that when you finish the mission "Curse of Crussebourg" and you go to the map, 
    how you use the fast transport to go to pick up the next mission, is when the game returns to send you to the beginning of this one, 
    having to repeat it over and over as if you were on groundhog day. 
    I have tried to disconnect from the game and re-enter, and it seems that I am still on the map to continue the next mission,
     so in principle, just stopping using fast travel can be a temporary solution against this tedious bug

Post edited by haynnes#7639 on
  • Options
    zarjamar108zarjamar108 Posts: 15

Haynnes: Glad it's not just me, but the last time I ended the mission and disconnected from the game, the problem persisted. This seems to be a pretty big bug if, even when you start the first part of the next mission, you get shunted back to the beginning of the storyline.

Here's the full extent of my testing:

1) I completed the mission, got to the town, activated the fast travel pad (but did not use it) for ease of continuing the story, and had to disconnect to do chores. Upon my return and wanting to do dailies in Gavony, I noticed I was back at the beginning. Turned around and did something else in game.

2) Completed starting mission a second time, initiated the next part of the story by talking to Nani and defeating several werewolves. Planeswalked to "Your Realm", did stuff in there, went back to Gavony, opening story reinitiated.

I don't know if it is pertinent, but I have completed the Benalia, Shiv, Tazeem, and Tolaria storylines.

• Options

Interesting. I did have to complete the initiating story again, but when I exited it put me back at my progress in "The Wolfing Hour" quest. It might be an issue with the plane itself, then.

• Options

Attempt 3) Having gotten up to the step of "Complete Well of Souls" prior, I logged back in (I logged out in the Meditation Realm) and tried to go back to Gavony. Mission started again.

Attempt 4) After completing the initial Gavony story a 3rd time, my progress came back to "Complete Well of Souls". After trying to use the waypoint to warp to the Well of Souls, I was shunted back to the beginning of the storyline, as the others attested to.

For these attempts I have logged video recordings to show exactly what's been going on. I can share if you feel these will help.

• Options

Side Note: In the Gavony introduction, if you were to proceed without grabbing the amulet, apparently the particle effects for when the stitched drakes are killed can be triggered, but no voices are played.

Attempt 5) Starting today (after completing the opening story mission once more) attempting the Well of Souls for the storyline. After completing the Well of Souls and fast travelling to Nani's Hut, fast travel DIDN'T restart me at the beginning of the Gavony storyline! Attempting to go to the Meditation Realm and back before turning in the Well of Souls to Nani and it appears the issues with Gavony have (in theory) been passed up.

Hopefully this thread gives you an idea on where to look for resolutions to solve this problem. Thank you for your time.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

the patch notes today claim they fixed this, so yay