NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preventing Damage counts as Preventing the Attack (?)

I was building a Tank-Build where I taunt all foes and transfer the damage I would take to "Veteran Bodyguard". I thought that since I taunt all foes it would be a clever idea to add "Chain the Wicked". It's effect triggers on "foes that attack you" but it didn't trigger at all. It might be that I really wasn't attacked whenever I cast that spell. Maybe some of you guys could check (?) But if I was attacked (I was always standing in a pile of foes) and it didn't trigger that would mean that preventing damage also counts as preventing the attack. In the MtG rules that is not the case, if I'm not mistaken. 

Comments

• Options

it says "deal x dmg and stun all foes that attacked you" this should deal that dmg at all times. additionally it says, "damage and stun duration increased by up to 100% depending on how much damage was received". since you took 0 damage and it went to bodyguard, this does not apply to you. try swapping it with lightshield barrier. it makes your toughest creature immune and any damage that would have been received now get put in a massive aoe attack.

• Options
    kitsu#3039 kitsu Posts: 40

Thank you for that intel. I didn't thought about that the damage should be dealt at all times because I understood the wording as "As long as you maintain this spell, whenever you receive an attack, stun that foe for 3 seconds and deal damage over 3 seconds to it. The 3 seconds duration may be increased up to 6 seconds depending on the damage received." So that got me curious and I tried casting "Chain the Wicked" in combination with "Veteran Bodyguard" again. 

As you can see in the screenshot I was attacked by multiple foes but I neither did any damage nor did stun anyone. Even tho i didn't receive any damage I was attacked, so the Spell should do it's damage and stun for 3 seconds if I'm not mistaken. 

• Options

your right on that part. it stated that it does that damage if they attacked you which they did no dmg or not.