NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HollyFire Build - Sanctifier White/Red I Magic Legends

pr8#2018 pr8 Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in General Discussion

Build info:

Hi guys this is my first build in Magic Legends universe and i hope you like it. This is not some OP meta build but good enough Jack of all trades type of build. Idea of this build focus around humans, angels and providing some usefull utility.

Basic idea of this build is to summon human creatures to boost dps of angels, specialy those from ultimate skill but also provide good utility with stun, knockdown, heal, taunt and pull.

This video doesn’t represent full potential of this build because i don’t have assasin class unlocked yet but to avoid confusion i show setup as should be.

Main class: Sanctifier

Traits: Aether Aggression/ Assasin, Heart of Iron/Geomancer, Psychic Prowess/ Mind Mage

Combos:

Champion Visage helm + Aether agression = summon humans

Write of Afacyn artefact = humans boost dps of angels

Jurnal of Leonin + Glorius aanthem = 5 creatures get +2/+2

Slayers Plate armor + dead human = summon white spirit

--------------------------------------------------

This is first version of this build and for sure can be improved and i will do so if i get better ideas or items. Thanks for reading and watching.

Video was made after april 16 hotfix.

Comments

• Options

Where did you get Slayer's Plate?

• Options

I was running white and red, similar to what you have, though my build was a little bit better than your build for several reasons. It's nice to see that people are attempting to make guides for the game though.

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Posts: 28

I run Red/White on my main.

I find Glorious Anthem to be an extremely anemic enchantment; Zealous Charge tends to be a much better creature enhancer, and despite the text, I've seen it augment other players' creatures as well. Red Enchantments like Goblin Rush and/or Mark of Immolation tend to work nicer as well, from my experience.

Kudos for trying to do the human/angel thing. There are definitely some synergies to go for there. I suspect Black/White will probably wing up being a better playground for it if we get some black Angels.

Personally, I opted for more of a 'primal' theme with Griffons and Magma Colossus(both are excellent 'big' creatures that hold up even on harder difficulties) while using cheap Red/White Sorceries to proc 'on sorcery' synergies(like spamming goblin fodder that explode on death).

• Options
    edited May 2021

Yeah exactly what this guy said and not to say that with the way I built I didn't make some mistakes. I wish I had upgraded goblin supply manifest instead of draconic flux (which I believe is strictly outclassed by bloodsoaked altar), although at the time I was considering this I didn't have the goblins. So this is one reason why I second that white/black angels might be better, black is better for a more creature centric approach in general whereas red creatures are simply for utility and bombing.

I dropped magma colossus from my build and went back to the regular earth elemental because it goes well with orb of shiv as a stun alternative. I even ended up dropping the white sorceries for flat mono because with wizards tome, soldiers handbook and orb of shiv I'm simply getting more red sorcery potency, so the damage of my red spells is way outclassing that of the white sorceries. Where white sorceries shine is their area of affect size and a few extra seconds of stun. Also sanctifier is a terrible planeswalker choice for your build, I'd probably go necromancer(sheer sorcery potency), geomancer (extra tankieness/mobility) or mindmage (extra control).

You might want to explore hallowed sanctuary, rebellion + glorious anthem + ancestral ward + lifelink, so in that build you would deal damage back to your attackers with reflect and life-gain through life-link angels, even include veteran bodyguard, he is a must. I think that could be okay, decent even. There is a piece of gear that makes your creatures immune to damage for 10 seconds when you use spark power (I don't know if that would be worth running but you could explore this).

• Options

For White Sorceries, I'd probably argue their strength isn't the stuns, but the Taunts and Healing. The Healing is obvious, and Green is solid competition. The Taunts, however, are relatively rare outside of White and it counts as a "Control" effect(with a considerably longer duration than Stuns) that you can use in conjunction with other sorceries - like Phalanx Charge and various Blue sorcs.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

Are you sure about taunt counting as a control effect? I was pretty sure it didn't, but I could've heard wrong. 🤔

• Options

Yup. It doesn't count for "Stun" for obvious reasons, but it will absolutely interact with anything that uses "Control" for a trigger. I use the synergy on two of my characters.

I'm not sure if it's effected by the internal control immunity period mobs seem to get, but the average 10 second duration of most taunts means you generally have plenty of time to make use of it.

Victory or Death into Phalanx Charge is probably the easiest way to test it for yourself. The former is a single white mana AoE taunt in a pretty big radius; then you follow up with a full crit Phalanx Charge to bulldoze whatever. The high damage output is usually more than enough to cause knockbacks equivalent to most "Stuns".

• Options
    edited May 2021

It depends if you are talking about PvE or PvP, I imagine white can totally stun lock. I don't imagine taunt effects work in PvP though you can get like 14 seconds of stun from just 3 spells, if you ran extra control rating on top or splash another colour with stuns, or draw effects, then it is possible. I like to imagine it's theoretically hard to get the right cards at the right time to achieve this.

White spells also aren't too bad DPS wise, but the artifacts don't help you to finish this build and considering dps alone you're about 50% as strong as some other builds theoretically, like I mentioned before a big positive of this build is if you want to keep running lower level difficulties where you one shot most things, because the build has the biggest area of effect of any colour or else you are playing a support roll with CC.

But as for AOE, compare radiant volley to earthquake, it's like double the width, or heavenly assault to just about any other circle effect, you would have to be retarded to miss with this spell and also you should be able to hit a larger number of enemies.

White creature token, can boost all creatures for +3+3 with two spells so on 10-20 creatures for a limited time that is ridiculously powerful. Something will make that work.

I guess also in a theoretical PvE mode where you have a team larger than 3 and the challenge is greater then the healer build could be valid, though with the nature of how this game is, I don't really imagine an endgame raid like you would have in WoW, 10,25,40 man, then you have to multiply it by 5-10 creatures a piece on average, you'd just have too many creatures on the screen. Though also another reason why I don't see the heals ever really taking off though for some personalized reason people might choose to run it, you have healer gear that is dependent on you being at full health to trigger, you also have alternative ways to soak up damage through shields and the ability to make player owned creatures invulnerable for like 15 seconds.

Also when I tried like minds with enchantments on 1150ish loadout score, the main boss could in some instances 1 shot me with his lava, if this is the only time I need protection and I'm being one shot then the heals aren't going to save you, it even went through my own personal shields that boosted my max health by about 50% and the fact that I run geomancer for the extra health potency.