test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Studios Layoffs?

2»

Comments

• heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just happen to look at one of the "blogs" TT mentioned that the other "devs" do.

"Dressed down for comfort after a fight or read to clean up Westside, why not look your best. A must for any Urban heroes looking to make mark and prove tights are not required to bring down the most hardened criminals."

May want to have them spell check and, in this case, grammar check, before posting...
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    scale with level, as in, the Grandfather winter gear which says it scales with level and doesn't.

Is this the point at which the thread turned sour? :smile:
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's kind of interesting - I went to take a look at the Cryptic Careers page, and it looks like the jobs they're currently hiring for are all in Seattle. However, none of them specify comics knowledge, while some of them specify FPS experience. Implication there seems to be that Cryptic North is going to be hosting Hypersecret Project 4 as well as CO, and that HP4 is going to be a console-based FPS (console programming experience is sought as well).

At least they probably won't be able to "borrow" our devs to work on the new project...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bad joke removed.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

At least they probably won't be able to "borrow" our devs to work on the new project...

Versatility is one of the most important attributes of a games developer.

Unfortunately.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited March 2015

To borrow our devs first we'd need to have devs. Just saying. For all we know, Cryptic might just assign a temp from STO for a couple weeks whenever they need a new costume done.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's kind of interesting - I went to take a look at the Cryptic Careers page, and it looks like the jobs they're currently hiring for are all in Seattle. However, none of them specify comics knowledge, while some of them specify FPS experience. Implication there seems to be that Cryptic North is going to be hosting Hypersecret Project 4 as well as CO, and that HP4 is going to be a console-based FPS (console programming experience is sought as well).

More than likely.. and I'm just guessing. The new project will probably be both PC and Console based. That's worked for a few of the newer MMO's. PC only is a limited market.

Or maybe.. just maybe they are going to revamp CO and the newer version will also be playable on consoles :D

who knows really.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!