What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Studios Layoffs?

riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
I stumbled across this today on Massively:
Cryptic layoffs alone totaled 18 people

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/

Massively OP has been contacted by a Cryptic employee — who wishes to remain anonymous and whose identity we have confirmed — about the Perfect World/Cryptic layoffs yesterday that one former PWE staffer called a “slaughter.”

Our source tells us that 18 people were let go from Cryptic itself, approximately 14% of the studio. Half of those were Neverwinter staff, evening out the Neverwinter and Star Trek Online teams (we do know some STO staff, including former City of Heroes lead designer Matt Miller and the game’s community manager, were among those let go)

Does anyone know if this has been confirmed? Did we lose any of the devs working for CO at all? It's a pretty big shock to read this.
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We have a generous 4 or so people on CO as of now...

this likely happened a year or two ago.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »

No, it happened over in the STO dev team. A community manager who went by the name of "Smirk" got let go as did Matt "Positron" Miller.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, according to the article, "Champions Online “is being left to chug along,” our source says. “It doesn’t take much to keep it afloat.”" Presumably that means we get to keep our (already minimal) staff.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    as long as we keep buying keys I guess x.x
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Indeed. Smirk was a goof, but I liked his livestreams, and I'll miss Positron's work.

I'm not surprised we're being left to chug along. I've heard from several sources our servers basically pay for themselves, so there's not much point to shutting us down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lay offs suck but they happen :/ Hopefully they all find jobs sooner rather than later!

Though is any power changes happening? I keep hoping for chains to get a power upgrade! ^_^ Can are few devs look into it? :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    Lay offs suck but they happen :/ Hopefully they all find jobs sooner rather than later!

Though is any power changes happening? I keep hoping for chains to get a power upgrade! ^_^ Can are few devs look into it? :)

Unlikely, as the only Cryptic games that appear to be affected are STO and Neverwinter. CO is still ignored for good or ill.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So who was Cryptic's PR, again?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NW & STO's devs work out of the California office.
    Cryptic North which does CO is in Seattle.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So who was Cryptic's PR, again?
    That's funny!

Although, as Iconians points out in the STO forums, these layoffs fit into a larger pattern in the tech world; there appears to be a bubble in the process of collapsing, and of course the corporations involved, from humble PWE all the way up to mighty Microsoft, never try to cut costs by letting the expensive senior management go. No, it's always the folks at the bottom of the ladder, the ones who actually are crucial to the corporate success, who find out their positions have been made redundant.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is TrailTurtle still here?
  • Options
    onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »

Huh.

That's 1 more than I thought we had. Nice.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    That's funny!

Although, as Iconians points out in the STO forums, these layoffs fit into a larger pattern in the tech world; there appears to be a bubble in the process of collapsing, and of course the corporations involved, from humble PWE all the way up to mighty Microsoft, never try to cut costs by letting the expensive senior management go. No, it's always the folks at the bottom of the ladder, the ones who actually are crucial to the corporate success, who find out their positions have been made redundant.

Thank goodness the rest of the business world doesn't operate this way ... oh wait, it does. :wink:

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    warcanch wrote: »
    Thank goodness the rest of the business world doesn't operate this way ... oh wait, it does. :wink:
    Sometimes you get a little schadenfreunde when you look back at a former employer. (Hi, Asset Marketing Systems! How'd dumping the guy who actually worked with the forms in favor of the guy who schmoozed upper management work for you? What? You almost shut down, had to reorganize, and fired your former CEO and most of the licensing department? Tsk tsk...)

:biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    doom-text-612x300.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Shame that PWE is cutting out the people who actually ensure these games are maintained. It's not uncommon though. If this trend keeps up, who's going to do any of the work so those corporate schmucks at the top can receive payment in the first place?

For those that were unfortunate to be on the receiving end of the layoffs, if you're reading this, I wish you all the best.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have been absent from the game for at least a year and a half now, I doubt any remember me from in-game or these official forums but I was pretty active before Cryptic archived/binned years of constructive and creative ideas in the move to these new lesser PWE forums. Before that it was an honour to serve six-years with my EU family on Union in (EU) City of Heroes before that.

I was absolutely overjoyed at the announcement of Champions-Online and was so looking forward to it growing into something special. How sad and what a shame it is now this game has stuttered, stumbled and now finally stagnated five years later.
    Still, foolishly and constantly checking in, every week, scanning the press and these forums for anything, a hint that PWE/Cryptic may get serious about growing this title. I think re: the small flicker of a flame of hope I held for this game, that one-day Cryptic might recognise the game's potential and invest, this small but devastatingly disappointing insight of their attitude towards this title and behind the scenes of the studio pretty much snuffs said flame out completely.

This confirms what I have felt about Champions-Online for the longest time, "Left to chugg along" is an insult and unacceptable, and it's truely tragic Cryptic-Studios have never truely understood what the potential of this game could of been had they invested properly in the 30yr old IP they bought outright.
    They had a massive year and a half's head-start on DCUO...at least, if memory serves and they still failed to capitalise.
    Paragon Studios was shuttered and instead of a resurgent development process and master-plan to grow the team, game and to capitalise on all those who needed a new home.... nothing. Even when Cryptic-Studios had the great fortune to hire Matt Millar they still mess things up by assigning him to STO - I mean seriously!?.

My heart goes out to all those laid-off as a result of the incompetent business practices of Cryptic-Studios, whether as part of 2K Games/Take-Two Interactive, Atari and Perfect World Entertainment - the Champions-Online story has been the same; excuses, empty re-assurance, cryptic promises at forthcoming content and a subsequent but predictable failure to invest.

For the executive team there at Cryptic-Studios.... Jack Emmert and Co - I do not have the words at how disappointed I am in what has been a pathetic commitment to growing this title.
    Your loss, and personally I will never give any of your titles any future consideration whatsoever as I have zero confidence in your ability as a games-development studio.

Bye.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Is TrailTurtle still here?

TT is Assistant Product manager, not a Dev.
    and for those who didn't read the article.^^

PWE is responsible and they are laying off some of their people too.

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    doom-text-612x300.jpg

^Pretty much this.

Periodic layoffs are nothing unheard of in the game industry. They're often follow after a development cycle and that many people are no longer needed.

Which is actually quite stupid in the long run (if something crucial breaks in your game you end no longer having people who had it built for you and can fix it, for an example), but for some reason that's pretty common way how games are made.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They needed chairs and desks for new people that work on the "Secret Projects".
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's funny!

I'm serious. They stated that their PR was laid off too. Considering that they weren't doing their job its not surprising. Is that the reason you find it funny?
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    TT is Assistant Product manager

Hey, someone remembered my title. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm serious. They stated that their PR was laid off too. Considering that they weren't doing their job its not surprising. Is that the reason you find it funny?
    I find the claim that Cryptic in general, and CO in particular, had a PR department to be funny. Maybe that's why they got laid off - someone checked public perception, and found out how bad the PR was.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Well, TT, in fairness you can't really blame us - even after your promotion, you've still done more community managing here than Trendy and the other person put together. 'Course, Trendy's had her hands full with the STO forums too...

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Well, TT, in fairness you can't really blame us - even after your promotion, you've still done more community managing here than Trendy and the other person put together. 'Course, Trendy's had her hands full with the STO forums too...

That's pretty much working as designed, actually. Trendy and Sweet&Sour were always on the content generation side, not on the Face side of things. You'll notice I haven't written a lot of blogs lately, since they've handled that, but the forums were always out of their scope.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have been absent from the game for at least a year and a half now, I doubt any remember me from in-game or these official forums but I was pretty active before Cryptic archived/binned years of constructive and creative ideas in the move to these new lesser PWE forums. Before that it was an honour to serve six-years with my EU family on Union in (EU) City of Heroes before that.

Your loss, and personally I will never give any of your titles any future consideration whatsoever as I have zero confidence in your ability as a games-development studio.

Bye.

Hi Mom, I remember you. I and what's left of your old gang miss you. Glad you are well and perhaps our paths will meet again one day.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mother, anytime you want to log in and run some Steel Crusade I would be more than happy to go with you if I am online. :biggrin:

TT, You mention these "Blogs" alot. Not to be rude(really, not trying to be rude) but am I missing something here? Do you mean these articles that pop up on the main page from time to time like the new Z-Store stuff? Could you, perhaps, elaborate please? :confused:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    Mother, anytime you want to log in and run some Steel Crusade I would be more than happy to go with you if I am online. :biggrin:

TT, You mention these "Blogs" alot. Not to be rude(really, not trying to be rude) but am I missing something here? Do you mean these articles that pop up on the main page from time to time like the new Z-Store stuff? Could you, perhaps, elaborate please? :confused:

Yes, that's exactly what he means.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Folks seem more irate about what this game "could have been" more than what this game actually is....

In my mind it is what it is.

Anyway... looks like CO really wasn't affected by this unfortunate turn of events...Lets keep on chugging on!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    p0temk1n wrote: »
    I'm not surprised we're being left to chug along. I've heard from several sources our servers basically pay for themselves, so there's not much point to shutting us down.

And that's why we'll live forever.

Unless Cryptic gets the dumb idea to invest a bunch of money into CO, at which point the demand for return will suddenly skyrocket and after a few months it'll get shut down.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes you get a little schadenfreunde when you look back at a former employer. (Hi, Asset Marketing Systems! How'd dumping the guy who actually worked with the forms in favor of the guy who schmoozed upper management work for you? What? You almost shut down, had to reorganize, and fired your former CEO and most of the licensing department? Tsk tsk...)

:biggrin:

I'd trade in that shadenfreude for the joy of realizing that people in the business world actually learned to stop doing dumb stuff like that.

Of course, we live in a society where professional athletes and actors are payed millions of dollars and the farmers who keep our society from crumbling are treated like the dirt they grow our food on... so smartly allocating resources as a widespread behavior is likely a few centuries off.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Nobody knows what you actually do though... as far as I know you're more like our own personal news anchor o3o
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just going on the name. Assistant Product Manager
    it would involve making sure the products (games)get used, while staying within budget.
    getting new items that people are likely to spend money on,

while not spending a load of money on things people will use"for a few weeks and then say "I'm bored , when are we going to get more X.

seeing what makes new people 1. stay or 2. leave. Then trying to increase 1 while reducing 2.

marketing/sales/stock controller combination job.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    Just going on the name. Assistant Product Manager
    it would involve making sure the products (games)get used, while staying within budget.
    getting new items that people are likely to spend money on,

while not spending a load of money on things people will use"for a few weeks and then say "I'm bored , when are we going to get more X.

seeing what makes new people 1. stay or 2. leave. Then trying to increase 1 while reducing 2.

marketing/sales/stock controller combination job.

More or less. In my particular case, it ends up being a more supportive/coordinating/reporting role, but it's a bit different for everyone. Below are some of the sample tasks I do.

-Talk through release timelines, and link them up with monthly goals. "Hey, we're going to want to do a couple promotions this month, like X on dates Y through Z." To take November/December as an example, I helped figure out when we wanted to do the bonus XP and Questionite days, what sales we'd do for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and when to time the key and LTS sales.

-Arrange for publicity, assigning blogs and emails to the CMs.

-Do monetization analysis, either data-driven or by looking at how we sell/advertise things. I and the STO APM worked together on what to include in the revised Subscription page, then Trendy took those guidelines and knocked it out of the park.

-Reporting. Everyone's favorite thing! I keep track of sales and population, and keep higher-ups informed.

-Anything that doesn't fit anyone else's responsibility. If someone doesn't know who to ask -- "Hey, do you remember how we did X last time?" or "Hey, this tool is broken" -- I'm often the one they go to. Definitely not always, but I often take the problems from other people and task them out to whoever will solve them.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    More or less. In my particular case, it ends up being a more supportive/coordinating/reporting role, but it's a bit different for everyone. Below are some of the sample tasks I do.

-Talk through release timelines, and link them up with monthly goals. "Hey, we're going to want to do a couple promotions this month, like X on dates Y through Z." To take November/December as an example, I helped figure out when we wanted to do the bonus XP and Questionite days, what sales we'd do for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and when to time the key and LTS sales.

-Do monetization analysis, either data-driven or by looking at how we sell/advertise things. I and the STO APM worked together on what to include in the revised Subscription page, then Trendy took those guidelines and knocked it out of the park.

-Reporting. Everyone's favorite thing! I keep track of sales and population, and keep higher-ups informed.

-Anything that doesn't fit anyone else's responsibility. If someone doesn't know who to ask -- "Hey, do you remember how we did X last time?" or "Hey, this tool is broken" -- I'm often the one they go to. Definitely not always, but I often take the problems from other people and task them out to whoever will solve them.

Interesting, please elaborate more on the red bits though. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Nobody knows what you actually do though... as far as I know you're more like our own personal news anchor o3o

Nobody understands why you need to do double and triple posts to throw out blanket statements.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wait, didn't cryptic just hire a ton of people recently?

Not a good year to be a game dev, it seems.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bye.

Sorry for the double post, but damn.

Never got to play with you. Bummer. If you change your mind, or ever wanna log in for the lulz? Hit me up. You were great for this game.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I was absolutely overjoyed at the announcement of Champions-Online and was so looking forward to it growing into something special. How sad and what a shame it is now this game has stuttered, stumbled and now finally stagnated five years later.
    Still, foolishly and constantly checking in, every week, scanning the press and these forums for anything, a hint that PWE/Cryptic may get serious about growing this title. I think re: the small flicker of a flame of hope I held for this game, that one-day Cryptic might recognise the game's potential and invest, this small but devastatingly disappointing insight of their attitude towards this title and behind the scenes of the studio pretty much snuffs said flame out completely.

This confirms what I have felt about Champions-Online for the longest time, "Left to chugg along" is an insult and unacceptable, and it's truely tragic Cryptic-Studios have never truely understood what the potential of this game could of been had they invested properly in the 30yr old IP they bought outright.
    They had a massive year and a half's head-start on DCUO...at least, if memory serves and they still failed to capitalise.
    Paragon Studios was shuttered and instead of a resurgent development process and master-plan to grow the team, game and to capitalise on all those who needed a new home.... nothing. Even when Cryptic-Studios had the great fortune to hire Matt Millar they still mess things up by assigning him to STO - I mean seriously!?.

My heart goes out to all those laid-off as a result of the incompetent business practices of Cryptic-Studios, whether as part of 2K Games/Take-Two Interactive, Atari and Perfect World Entertainment - the Champions-Online story has been the same; excuses, empty re-assurance, cryptic promises at forthcoming content and a subsequent but predictable failure to invest.

For the executive team there at Cryptic-Studios.... Jack Emmert and Co - I do not have the words at how disappointed I am in what has been a pathetic commitment to growing this title.

Bye.

Points made Mumsy but lets not forget how heavily CO came under attack from launch day until now. False advertising. Potential memorials to the nonexistent. Gibberish disguised as "fan art". Foxbat. Poor advertising. And Foxbat.

Early on there might have been the (albeit) smallest of chances in improving our lot, had we countered a significant COH campaign that frankly smeared CO. Nothing to be done now. Coh is gone, Titan is engaged in virtual torture vis a vi false hope, yet CO remains.

Ok the stories are lacking. The same cannot be said for the combat, build potential, or visual customization. The latter still destroys the competition (perhaps not money wise but to the more discerning eye).

Of course people remember you. Forgive me if this is incorrect, but this is how I remember you:

1. Defended Sapphire concert
    2. See #1 . 85 times.
    3. Foxbat enthusiasm.
    4. Basically defending every boneheaded move cryptic made.

Then, when things didn't pan out, and CO didn't expand, your tune changed. You began asking questions along the lines of what you and some others really heavy handedly pilloried other customers for asking the same questions months earlier ;Namely asking for details about upcoming content and monetary questions regarding the future of the game.

Yet the same people still post here while at the same time bashing CO on other boards. Sometimes using numerous known handles (GG), other times so lazy as to not even bother. Nothing really changes. Well except that devs and community reps still play favorites, not realizing it's obvious and detrimental to the spirit of the larger community.

You could have done something. You could have helped. You Cained instead.

I don't buy your crocodile tears.

Not for one single second.

You told us to give the devs a break. It was "mean" of us to ask for content updated on a regular basis, you said. Enjoy what you asked for.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Nobody understands why you need to do double and triple posts to throw out blanket statements.

^ blanket statement. There are actually plenty of people who understand why I double or triple post: because I was too lazy to copy/paste everything into a single post and/or forgot to hit multi-quote. The reason I double/triple/whatever post actually has nothing to do with blanket statements.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

This part caught my attention the most. So you're the guy who figures out which things are making the most money and should be focused on? o.o If so, that, as far as I'm concerned, makes you one of the most important people at Cryptic.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd really like to know which is making them more money these days, vehicles and associated items, or costumes? Since the nerf I am seeing far fewer vehicles in SC and LI so I wonder how well those things are moving (I hardly use the 3 I have anymore). Probably there are players who track vehicle prices on the AH and they might know if there's been much of a price drop since the nerf.

I wish they would put out mini-powersets (i.e. 4-5 closely integrated powers) that were purchasable account-wide unlocks.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    ^ blanket statement. There are actually plenty of people who understand why I double or triple post: because I was too lazy to copy/paste everything into a single post and/or forgot to hit multi-quote.
    Being lazy is a poor excuse; if you can't be bothered to do it well, you obviously don't value what you're saying, so why should we? For the other, what I usually do is go back and edit -- you can hit reply, compose a post, and then rather than posting it, select it all, cut, go back and edit your original post, and paste.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Being lazy is a poor excuse; if you can't be bothered to do it well, you obviously don't value what you're saying, so why should we? For the other, what I usually do is go back and edit -- you can hit reply, compose a post, and then rather than posting it, select it all, cut, go back and edit your original post, and paste.

It's a forum post about a video game, not a college essay. If you don't care to value what I have to say, don't worry, I won't be losing any sleep over it :smile:
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Back on topic, people.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Can you use any of that to get all of the Power Replace items added back in game? Perhaps as a Power Replace weapons bundle? With a minor tweak that allows the weapons to scale with level?

I'd pay a pretty Zen to have a flaming sword, or the Qularr weapons and their organic blasts, toxic dripping morning stars, etc. Just sayin'...it's already there. Just package and sell. You'll be everyone's hero and earn the brand a big influx of money. MONEY! Everyone loves that stuff! You can't go wrong...Please???
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Can you use any of that to get all of the Power Replace items added back in game? Perhaps as a Power Replace weapons bundle? With a minor tweak that allows the weapons to scale with level?

I'd pay a pretty Zen to have a flaming sword, or the Qularr weapons and their organic blasts, toxic dripping morning stars, etc. Just sayin'...it's already there. Just package and sell. You'll be everyone's hero and earn the brand a big influx of money. MONEY! Everyone loves that stuff! You can't go wrong...Please???

Or, more reasonably, two Elemental Weapon Costume Packs, one for melee and one for ranged.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    scale with level, as in, the Grandfather winter gear which says it scales with level and doesn't.