test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Battle Station

nomorereasonnomorereason Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Suggestions Box
I have an idea for the Battlestation! You know how we can have minions and stuff in the Battle Station? Why not be able to fight bosses there too? Like for MC, Poe.
Post edited by nomorereason on

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The battle station's actually been entirely untouched since the launch of the game. It even still has the old architectural style/colorscheme of old Powerhouse.

That said, it's probably like the lairs in that if they try to touch any of the code in it they'll somehow cause Millennium City to implode and the entire game code to become corrupt somehow, because that's how ingenious the coding in this game is.

But yeah, I'd be all for a battlestation overhaul that has some of that functionality. Maybe:
    • Scan player rouge's gallery perk list for matches (100 defeats, defeated supervillains) for the valid list of enemies they can spawn in the station.
    • Update the layout of the room - Particularly, what could be cool is that the battlestation is a circular room (not unlike the powerhouse lobby) with sections of elevated blocks (kind of like mechaniste's boss room) with some holographic projector or overlays in the ceiling.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What battle station? :O how could I have not come across it?!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Battle Station is one of the sub-basement areas of Power Houses.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The Battle Station is one of the sub-basement areas of Power Houses.

Is it that place with different zones like water fire n stuff?

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a magical place.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What battle station? :O how could I have not come across it?!

Step 1: Enter the powerhouse

Step 2: Take the teleportermagigthingy down to the training rooms

Step 3: When you are in the training room with all the test dummies, take the teleportermagicthingy and select "battle station"

step 4: You are in the battle station, use the console to summon mobs and then beat the everything out of them
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    Step 1: Enter the powerhouse

Step 2: Take the teleportermagigthingy down to the training rooms

Step 3: When you are in the training room with all the test dummies, take the teleportermagicthingy and select "battle station"

step 4: You are in the battle station, use the console to summon mobs and then beat the everything out of them

Oh! Now I remember!

I used them like ... 2-3 years ago... Didn't know they still exist ever since the expansion :O

I wonder of it looks the same as it used to? All grey walls with some ramps and couple of boxes...

~me
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh! Now I remember!

I used them like ... 2-3 years ago... Didn't know they still exist ever since the expansion :O

I wonder of it looks the same as it used to? All grey walls with some ramps and couple of boxes...

yes....it's like a damn time machine
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You want a real time machine, step into one of the old powerhouses, like on Monster Island or Vibora.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Your face is a power station.

Bosses in power station would be good for testing purposes.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You want a real time machine, step into one of the old powerhouses, like on Monster Island or Vibora.

Nope that's been updated for a few months now, maybe even a year or so, but for the longest time the Vibora Bay was exactly like the second or third version (I didn't see the previous versions as I came in with FtP).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Updated? It's not like the one in MC, though, is it?

• Options
    axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It occurs to me, that the battlestation could be used as a foundation for a foundry type addition to the game.

It can add groups of enemies of varying types and difficulties. If you changed the varying spawn points to independant nodes, give each one its own sliders, the option to change backgrounds, and the possibility of a boss nod with simple dialogue options, bam. You've got the beginnings of a custom foundry. No experience and no drops, of course, but if you're trying to run a story line... why would you need experience or drops for it?

After the initial run of it, where you can test it for stability, you can add an option for a larger map, a save option for all your settings, locally stored so it doesn't strain the poor abused CO servers, more possibilities for dialogue, and the use of your personal nemesis (or the nemesi of the group as a whole) And suddenly you've got all the tools for a custom, fun mission that people can't farm for goods and serves the RP community's needs without breaking the game or even using more than off the shelf stuff that already exists in game.