test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hurray for STO

gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
The STO team is pleased to announce the second full expansion to the game, Star Trek Online: Delta Rising.

In Delta Rising, enterprising captains are sent to explore the Delta Quadrant, joining forces with and opposing the efforts of well-known species seen on Star Trek: Voyager, such as the Talaxians, the Ocampa, the Kazon, as well as lesser known species. A lot has changed in these sectors in the 30 years since Kathryn Janeway captained the Voyager through this region of space. With a portal recently discovered within the Dyson sphere providing a quick path to the quadrant, many vessels are being sent to explore the region.

The expansion features a level cap increase to 60, the first level cap increase in over four years. As captains progress past level 50, they are allowed to train in specializations, picking up additional skills to broaden their capabilities. The areas of specialization, and how captains progress in them will be revealed in future postings as we work our way toward the expansion launch in October of this year.

The year 2410 also brings with it new technology. The Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Republic have been learning from the many foes they have faced, and have developed new series of starships, more powerful than ever before. These ships have new capabilities not seen before, including innovations in bridge officer seating. Briefings on these new vessels will be released in the coming weeks.

Watch our exclusive announcement trailer from Star Trek Las Vegas here for all the news from our Dev Panel.

We look forward to sharing the next chapter in the continuing story of the Star Trek universe, so watch for regular news and details while your captains prepare for Delta Rising.

Stephen D’Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online

-insert rant here about CO will not get a first level cap raise and accompanying content much less a second one like this-
Post edited by gerberatetra on


Here we are now going to the West Side
Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
Some may come and some may stay
Watching out for a sunny day
Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm


In game as @forgemccain
«1

Comments

  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -insert rant here about CO will not get a first level cap raise and accompanying content much less a second one like this-

    Oh I can't wait.

    BTW, you're like a week late.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -insert rant here about CO will not get a first level cap raise and accompanying content much less a second one like this-

    Content, we could use. Level cap increase? No thanks. No need to make current content even more obsolete; what we need is more options at lower levels, not one new thing at high levels that edges out everything else the way alerts did.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    Content, we could use. Level cap increase? No thanks. No need to make current content even more obsolete; what we need is more options at lower levels, not one new thing at high levels that edges out everything else the way alerts did.

    Yes, because adding in more things to add more power doesn't do the same. At least with a level cap raise the power curve is not out of a persons grasp as just throwing more gear at the current cap actually does.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    read the posts on the thread about that
    The players are not happy.

    My sympathy however, goes to the Neverwinter Players

    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?724401-Lockbox-Resurgence-8-7-8-14

    They want them to open loads of lockboxes to get the rare items they may have missed but they also have an NPC in game to sell the items to


    And you think we have it bad. WE haven't had recycled lockboxes yet.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    read the posts on the thread about that
    The players are not happy.

    My sympathy however, goes to the Neverwinter Players

    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?724401-Lockbox-Resurgence-8-7-8-14

    They want them to open loads of lockboxes to get the rare items they may have missed but they also have an NPC in game to sell the items to


    And you think we have it bad. WE haven't had recycled lockboxes yet.

    Eh, they do something similar on STO. After each lockbox runs its course, they have a limited period where you can get any previous lockbox as a drop.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -insert rant here about CO will not get a first level cap raise and accompanying content much less a second one like this-

    CO doesn't need a level cap raise. All those who think it will, are mad and should be locked away in a asylum. And given shocktherapy thrice a day.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    CO doesn't need a level cap raise. All those who think it will, are mad and should be locked away in a asylum. And given shocktherapy thrice a day.

    Those who think that something they've talked about several times won't happen need look at the rantings going on over on STO. The STO forums were fully aware that Cryptic planned to raise the level cap and had mentioned it several times.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only difference is that STO receives actual, meaningful development on a regular basis.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Champions will never get this level of development required to have a level cap raise.
    There's no "if" on this one.

    Old powersets in need of rebalance and rework weren't touched in ages.
    To expect expanding on every existing powerset, or things like at least one new zone, is just insane.

    CO isn't even close to STO regarding development.
    CO was never close to STO regarding development.
    CO will never be close to STO regarding development.

    Accept it and move on.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Champions will never get this level of development required to have a level cap raise.
    There's no "if" on this one.

    Old powersets in need of rebalance and rework weren't touched in ages.
    To expect expanding on every existing powerset, or things like at least one new zone, is just insane.

    CO isn't even close to STO regarding development.
    CO was never close to STO regarding development.
    CO will never be close to STO regarding development.

    Accept it and move on.


    I am inclined to agree. Though I'm sympathetic to the ranters - I have to admit it does peeve me off to see the level of development the other PWE properties get :frown:.

    However, after two years of hopeful waiting - I've come around. It's not going to happen. It' s best to just enjoy the game as is. Because that's about what you're getting. There has been rumor of something really good coming our way. But that could be a long time off - if ever.

    If you want to play a more developed game - then play STO or Nevewinter. If you simply enjoy playing supers - stick with CO or make the jump to DCUO (who just announced another expansion).

    Those are really the only options. It is what it is folks.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    I am inclined to agree. Though I'm sympathetic to the ranters - I have to admit it does peeve me off to see the level of development the other PWE properties get :frown:.

    However, after two years of hopeful waiting - I've come around. It's not going to happen. It' s best to just enjoy the game as is. Because that's about what you're getting. There has been rumor of something really good coming our way. But that could be a long time off - if ever.

    If you want to play a more developed game - then play STO or Nevewinter. If you simply enjoy playing supers - stick with CO or make the jump to DCUO (who just announced another expansion).

    Those are really the only options. It is what it is folks.

    So much doom and gloom and negative nancies. And people wonder why they never talk to us. And really don't say you just now started being negative either. And you are silly if you think they are going to make announcements on top of each other either and over shadow their own games by doing so.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So much doom and gloom and negative nancies. And people wonder why they never talk to us. And really don't say you just now started being negative either. And you are silly if you think they are going to make announcements on top of each other either and over shadow their own games by doing so.

    I don't see the post as negative. The game is what it is. You can either take or leave it. I play it and don't expect too much to change.

    If it does change.. hooray. If not then nothing lost.

    Take a chill pill my dear. You're wound up way too tightly. You really need to learn to relax.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    I don't see the post as negative. The game is what it is. You can either take or leave it. I play it and don't expect too much to change.

    If it does change.. hooray. If not then nothing lost.

    Take a chill pill my dear. You're wound up way too tightly. You really need to learn to relax.

    Yes, because seeing people describe the same doom and gloom constantly, even though they've been told stuff is coming is getting more than a bit silly. I will take a chill pill when the rest of you guys do.

    It's especially funny that this nothings happening is also in light of the aura system being added, rampage revamp and of course getting a totally revamped april fool's event instead of them just flipping it on.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    though they've been told stuff is coming is getting more than a bit silly.
    Expecting that anyone has to take seriously unofficial rumors is a bit silly. No, more than "a bit".
    Unless it is not an official developer blog it has no value and can be questioned at will.
    Especially when said stuff might be as well as "big" as Fatal Error or Lemurain invasion.

    And funny, how neither STO or NW does not follow this ridiculous, made uf of thin air, excuse of not overshadowing other titles.
    Lolololol.

    No. CO will not be shut down anytime soon. But there's no point in lying that it will ever be close to NW or STO.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Expecting that anyone has to take seriously unofficial rumors is a bit silly. No, more than "a bit".
    Unless it is not an official developer blog it has no value and can be questioned at will.
    Especially when said stuff might be as well as "big" as Fatal Error or Lemurain invasion.

    And funny, how neither STO or NW does not follow this ridiculous, made uf of thin air, excuse of not overshadowing other titles.
    Lolololol.

    No. CO will not be shut down anytime soon. But there's no point in lying that it will ever be close to NW or STO.

    Really? When was the STO announcement? When was the Neverwinter announcement? Seems to be a lack of overlap there. Hrmm the official announcement for the Tyranny expansion seems to be around the 11th of July, with the Scourge Warlock having been announced to be coming as apart of the next expansion much earlier. The Delta Rising expansion was announced at STLV with the page going up this last Thursday, that's nearly a month apart, if you just go by the official pages going up and announcements. Hardly what I call overlap. In fact Tyranny is suppose to be launching in a few more days, on the 15th, if I recall.

    Megatron must be rubbing off on you since you have an obsession with him.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    If you want to play a more developed game - then play STO or Nevewinter. If you simply enjoy playing supers - stick with CO or make the jump to DCUO (who just announced another expansion).

    I have considered the dcuo an option. I got 1 char to 30, but since I consider CO my main game I have not really established(getting into a league and start working on endgame tiers, etc) there. SOE seems to work hard on this title and it came around from its bad times.

    Cryptic seems to be comfortable with CO's current state, in which revenues and costs has got a good balance for financial purposes. Since they have waited so long and the level of competition, for CO to turn around the game needs to make a risky investment, not necessarily huge but still in a magnitude that will disturbe its current financial balance. So far, nothing has showed that they are willing to do that bet.

    Imho, the reason that devs don't talk to us is that they don't really have anything to tell us. It must not be easy to work on,by far, the weakest of the current Cryptic's games.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Really? When was the STO announcement? When was the Neverwinter announcement? Seems to be a lack of overlap there. Hrmm the official announcement for the Tyranny expansion seems to be around the 11th of July, with the Scourge Warlock having been announced to be coming as apart of the next expansion much earlier. The Delta Rising expansion was announced at STLV with the page going up this last Thursday, that's nearly a month apart, if you just go by the official pages going up and announcements. Hardly what I call overlap. In fact Tyranny is suppose to be launching in a few more days, on the 15th, if I recall.

    You play smoke and mirror and cling to calendar to prove what? Both games have constant announcements of new content, whatever it is. There's no month with STO or NW when absolutely nothing is announced, even if it's not always something as big as new expansion or level cap raise.

    The point is - CO could never match official announcements and development history of STO or NW.

    It's not Cryptic's main title and it will not be treated as one. Don't lie people around that anything approaching expansion pack is coming.

    So what that Cryptic long time ago talked about level cap raise? Many things were mentioned in UNTIL field reports and then abandoned.

    Oh, and I say Elvis is alive. Because many people say the same. I think all this doom and gloom about him being dead is a bit silly in this situation. I think all people refusing to believe unless they see an official announcement of his next tour are stupid doomsayers.

    Sorry, but until we'll be gived official statements, and the one fleshed enough to show us how "big" or "small" this incoming new stuff is, all your statements are personal opinionated bull**** on top on unconfirmed bull**** with no real factual basis.

    Do not expect anyone feeling compelled to take your opinion as fact.
    Megatron must be rubbing off on you since you have an obsession with him.
    Not really more dangerous than being rabid werewolf fangirl with well developed Stockholm syndrome, so what's your point with this one aside of personal insults?

    You're losing your cool because of no way of proving some rumor bull****? Too bad, throwing fits will not convice anyone, either.

    Fanboi more. You will not force your personal opinion on anyone, no matter how hard you try.

    Especially since your lack of any distance and criticism to Cryptic is very well known (unless it included vehicles, of course, beacuse you personally dislike them - that's all about your posing as someone well informed and unbiased, lol).
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -insert rant here about CO will not get a first level cap raise and accompanying content much less a second one like this-

    Why would I rant about not getting something that just killed my interest in STO?

    Level cap increases are pointless, just add new content for the levels we do have. People will just grind up to the new cap and then complain there is nothing to do and the game is too easy.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I recall, the latest rumors have been passed on to us by canadascott - Scott Bennie, one of the writers for the PnP game.

    So I put a bit more faith in his rumors than in those from random people.

    On the gripping hand, this game is fun. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be playing it, and I certainly wouldn't have purchased an LTS. If there is an expansion, or even a sizable upgrade, coming later, I shall celebrate. If there isn't, I'm still having fun!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,447 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    -insert rant here about CO will not get a first level cap raise and accompanying content much less a second one like this-

    Good, level cap increases suck anyway. u3u
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    <snip>

    On the gripping hand, this game is fun. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be playing it, and I certainly wouldn't have purchased an LTS. If there is an expansion, or even a sizable upgrade, coming later, I shall celebrate. If there isn't, I'm still having fun!

    THIS ^

    (good lord, DCUO is a snore-fest that has hardly any customization)
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    As I recall, the latest rumors have been passed on to us by canadascott - Scott Bennie, one of the writers for the PnP game.

    So I put a bit more faith in his rumors than in those from random people.

    I know they're at least partially from Thundrax and I know they're indicating something incoming.

    But for what it is worth this something might be as well comparable to Lemurian Invasion or Cybermind, both were pretty "big" within CO standards but not exactly anything approaching an expansion pack or the amount of work required to have a level cap raise.

    Which would be really welcomed anyway and better than only a lockbox reeased here or there.

    But it's not exacty doomsaying stating that realistically CO is unlikely to catch up with other Cryptic titles.
    Unless, of course, someone's definition of doomsaying is saying anything except of CO being an absolutely flawless AAA production grade title...

    Especially since I can't catch anyone in this thread stating that CO is to die soon.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,447 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I heard there's gonna be a in-game event where rencen gets permanently destroyed along with about 75% of the millenium city zone; west side is turned into a smoldering magma-filled crater.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I threw this post up mostly for my own amusement, not to start a 'doom thread'. I mean I didn't even bother to actually write a rant, so don't take it to seriously.
    I know they're at least partially from Thundrax and I know they're indicating something incoming.

    But for what it is worth this something might be as well comparable to Lemurian Invasion or Cybermind, both were pretty "big" within CO standards but not exactly anything approaching an expansion pack or the amount of work required to have a level cap raise.

    Which would be really welcomed anyway and better than only a lockbox reeased here or there.

    That's what I'm expecting too. All of the hype about -something big- and all we got was a a a handful of events that amounted to two short missions and an alert. I'm not looking my nose up at some content but the parts I wanted, missions, are gone for all but one of them.

    The only kind of Rampage alerts I want anymore are for Quijibo and Teleosuarus*. I'm sure they'll come up with more creative alerts, lockboxes and cool costumes. That last one i like.

    Anyway. No doom. Just envy.

    ---

    Side note: I do play STO and it's totally awesome to see what an MMO that Cryptic cares about can be.


    *Imagine a rampage with those to bad boys in MC


    Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm


    In game as @forgemccain
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know they're at least partially from Thundrax and I know they're indicating something incoming.

    But for what it is worth this something might be as well comparable to Lemurian Invasion or Cybermind, both were pretty "big" within CO standards but not exactly anything approaching an expansion pack or the amount of work required to have a level cap raise.

    Which would be really welcomed anyway and better than only a lockbox reeased here or there.

    So much this. I have faith that something is coming. A lot of money has been tossed at the game recently, we've had a ton of LTS' and I know I've put about a grand in over the last 3 months. I'd imagine we're getting something out of it, they wouldn't be pushing this hard with sales to raise a ton of money otherwise. It's not like we're hurting for subs or in any other financial situation than we've been over the last year. Conjecture, sure, but it suits my purposes well enough.

    I can't claim to know what that content IS, but 2 facts remain true right now:

    1: Even if it's just another rotating alert with event, I'm cool. Hell, make it a rampage. We could use another of those. I want Grond to attack MC so badly I can't even describe it.

    2: In the end? I don't even care. I'm still having a blast. I'm constantly finding new stuff to get myself into, the most recent one being my attempt to become known as a top-tier rampage healer in between leveling stuff for the archetype project, and work with the wiki. The biggest strength of this game is the fact that you can pretty much always find a new niche to keep yourself occupied, if you look for one.

    And that's not to say a bit of new content wouldn't be welcome, but there really is a ton to do as is. I think the biggest hit Alerts caused for the game is that people don't go seeking out a lot of that stuff anymore. They run the alerts and an occasional comic series, then mention being bored. I know that's not true for everyone, but seriously. Breaking out of the alert cycle and kinda looking around can give the game new life. Even trying to find a new niche to specialize in for a bit can totally redo the way the game feels. Hell, pvp alone. ZA is possibly the most infinitely repeatable game mode we currently have, and it's like pulling teeth to get people to try it.

    But this is the kind of non-doom thread I can get behind. Usually someone's saying "game is dying" but this is just a discussion about new content and if/when it's happening, what it'll be. That's healthy, I wish more of em were like that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some things are just facts. It doesn't mean that a big doom is coming. I see very little doom in this thread.

    I see pragmatism.

    For the most part, I strive to be a person who faces reality. For me that reality is - the likelihood of some huge game changing update is very, very slim. This is not just my perception. Plenty of people who love the game feel the same way.


    But mis-leading new players to expect big STO like expansion packs wouldn't be right. I won't do that because I feel it's dishonest. Heck PWE doesn't even do that.

    I would love to be wrong. Hell, if I am wrong I'll be the first one to say it... because I'll be so overjoyed the game is getting better treatment.

    But I refuse to call realistic expectations "doom saying". This isn't a popular title but it's still fun. And that's the reality.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,447 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Like others have said, I don't think you'll see a level cap increase unless CO were to get a lot more content than we're likely to see at any point in the near future.

    Personally, I'd be thrilled if the rumored stuff that's coming would be a new Adventure Pack. I think that a Foundry or Zone are just not in the cards for CO at this point in time. The only way I could see Cryptic pouring in that kind of money and manpower into CO would be if they lost the license to STO or NW.
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really? When was the STO announcement? When was the Neverwinter announcement? Seems to be a lack of overlap there. Hrmm the official announcement for the Tyranny expansion seems to be around the 11th of July, with the Scourge Warlock having been announced to be coming as apart of the next expansion much earlier. The Delta Rising expansion was announced at STLV with the page going up this last Thursday, that's nearly a month apart, if you just go by the official pages going up and announcements. Hardly what I call overlap. In fact Tyranny is suppose to be launching in a few more days, on the 15th, if I recall.

    Megatron must be rubbing off on you since you have an obsession with him.

    As of right now any statement about "something is coming" is all vaporware, it cannot not be backup by any proof.
    As for your comment about devs not want negativity around on the boards than they need to seek a different line of work. And yet again you are trying to impose your thoughts on others. As for your question even though you know full good and well when they were announced sto's was last week, I am unsure about neverwinter because I do not follow that game.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Pessimists and Optimists both think they're Realists.
    and dadaists think they are porcupines.
    nepht wrote: »
    I on is still stuff being worked on.
    but thats the thing, we had "stuff being worked on" last year. it turned out to be 2 street hunts, 1 temporary door mission with an existing enemy group, and a temporary alert that actually was kind of cool, but that still was pretty damn disappointing as the first actual content we got since multifaria. i mean co has been moribund for a while, apparently the foxbat was new this year, dunno, didnt play it due to work, apparently all content on this game now has to be turned off in a few weeks. but outside of costumes, this year was actually amazingly worse than last year, and last year was amazingly weak by any other mmo's standards. and last year people were making excuses for co north that they were just learning, and woo, we got 2 pieces of perm content, one was a simple series of hallways with some annoying pop-up enemies, but the second mission was pretty good, this year we have had...lockboxes and some costumes. ill admit, i'm happy about the costumes and have purchased them all, but its hard to see how any reasonable person, at this point, can hold out much hope for the big thing that they have not even been able to tell us about. co consistently underwhelmed even the low bars that the community has for them.
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I understand that but until something solid comes out I am going to treat what I read as nothing more than vaporware.
    remember cryptic made all sorts of grand plans in cox and in co, and what came did not live up to the hype.



    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Kaiserin
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I understand that but until something solid comes out I am going to treat what I read as nothing more than vaporware.
    remember cryptic made all sorts of grand plans in cox and in co, and what came did not live up to the hype.

    I just hope what ever they are working on is more than lockboxes. Also Cryptics main selling point was for me was LOOK CO has actual fingers and you'll be able to throw toilets at people. For me thats hype delivered.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As everyone else with sense has pointed out, the Lemurian Invasion event was hyped as being "big." As it turned out, it was nothing of the sort. So the rumor-mongering Scott mentioning something "big" is on the way doesn't inspire a lot of confidence when considering past performances. I don't care if he does write for the PnP property; unless he can provide concrete evidence of his claims, his words remain wind.

    In fact, it's very likely just another Lemurian Invasion/Forum Malvanum in the works. I'm not holding my breath for a Legacy of Romulus/Delta Rising-style expansion in CO any time in the foreseeable century.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    I just hope what ever they are working on is more than lockboxes. Also Cryptics main selling point was for me was LOOK CO has actual fingers and you'll be able to throw toilets at people. For me thats hype delivered.
    they have certainly given the community one of those fingers on a regular basis.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, at least this community keeps proving me right. And in record time to.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    I just hope what ever they are working on is more than lockboxes. Also Cryptics main selling point was for me was LOOK CO has actual fingers and you'll be able to throw toilets at people. For me thats hype delivered.

    for me it was the huge potential co had over cox :) the fly alone in this game is awesome. I too hope something of substance is coming.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, at least this community keeps proving me right. And in record time to.

    They are happiest when they are miserable.

    Fortunately, their default setting is "miserable", and they have a skill for gravitating toward "miserable" in any scenario.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, at least we don't peddle in false hope.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    They are happiest when they are miserable.

    Fortunately, their default setting is "miserable", and they have a skill for gravitating toward "miserable" in any scenario.
    Actually am happier when i am playing new powersets in new zones and fighting new enemies with innovative power loadouts while persiing a continuing story. but pwi tends to prefer miserable.:rolleyes:
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    They are happiest when they are miserable.

    Fortunately, their default setting is "miserable", and they have a skill for gravitating toward "miserable" in any scenario.

    And how do you know people are "miserable"? Just because people complain does not mean they are miserable. It means they have something to say, and people like seem to think they are always right and just and the people who compian are always wrong.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And how do you know people are "miserable"? Just because people complain does not mean they are miserable. It means they have something to say, and people like seem to think they are always right and just and the people who compian are always wrong.

    Because a gothic emos poetry has less doom, gloom, and woe is me misery in it than this thread alone.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because a gothic emos poetry has less doom, gloom, and woe is me misery in it than this thread alone.

    And just because you think this game is doing just fine, does not represent what is actually what is going on. You can believe that this game is going to get some divine update does not mean anything without concrete proof all you talk about is vaporware.
    Wow what a responsibility you must have to being "always right" and proclaiming everyone who does not agree with you or the other fanbois is wrong.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And just because you think this game is doing just fine, does not represent what is actually what is going on. You can believe that this game is going to get some divine update does not mean anything without concrete proof all you talk about is vaporware.
    Wow what a responsibility you must have to being "always right" and proclaiming everyone who does not agree with you or the other fanbois is wrong.

    The fact you seem to believe I think that is one thing instead of actually giving this new dev team a chance instead of automatically declaring them pathetic. But please, do continue saying you see reality when you still keep missing the blindingly obvious.

    I also find it pathetic that when someone actually has faith instead of declaring something a lost cause labels them a fanboi. Always the resort of those that have a grudge and prefer to wallow instead of listening.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The fact you seem to believe I think that is one thing instead of actually giving this new dev team a chance instead of automatically declaring them pathetic. But please, do continue saying you see reality when you still keep missing the blindingly obvious.

    I also find it pathetic that when someone actually has faith instead of declaring something a lost cause labels them a fanboi. Always the resort of those that have a grudge and prefer to wallow instead of listening.

    Where have I said the new dev team is pathetic, no where again you lied yet again, oh I trust what I can see not what I think might happen, where as you have committed yourself into beilving this game will magically get better.
    Your faith in this game is yours and yours alone, I find it funny that you have taken it to yourself to belittle others, when your voice holds no more worth than someone else.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh please angel, keep trying to feel indignant.

    Trying to say I am lying then not even a sentence later already contradicting yourself later and saying exactly that.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh please angel, keep trying to feel indignant.

    and keep with your self imposed importance
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yea you call me a liar but I find it hilarious that you again just confirmed what I said. I didn't have to go looking for threads from you when you didn't even make a sentence into your same post saying exactly that.

    Again keep feeling indignant. The fact you keep latching to singular words and trying to make them bigger than they are instead of the entire topic is amusing.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yea you call me a liar but I find it hilarious that you again just confirmed what I said. I didn't have to go looking for threads from you when you didn't even make a sentence into your same post saying exactly that.

    Again keep feeling indignant. The fact you keep latching to singular words and trying to make them bigger than they are instead of the entire topic is amusing.

    Than quote what I said word for word, also since you brought it up, quote where I said I am enjoying seeing this game crash and burn. If you cant that makes you a liar, fun fact I don't post often so it would not be hard for you to post exact quotes now can it? You seem to have some kind of vendetta against me, I really don't care if you do or not.
    And the fact you have been trying your hardest to shut people up who does not share how you think show a lot about yourself, like I said to someone else you can like what I say or don't I don't care. If you don't like the respons you get then you are free to ignore me and what I say.
This discussion has been closed.