test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there anything like this costume in the game?

mafa1inmafa1in Posts: 35 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
I'm looking for a way to do something that looks like this: hm_zpscbbb50e2.jpg

However, I'm unable to find a pattern with a peak for the chest, is there anything to be found in the game which I've missed? What I originally wanted (but couldn't make in Hero Machine) Was a peak like in the picture but with a thin border with a third colour between the two large colour fields.
Post edited by mafa1in on

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That looks pretty easy to recreate. Though I'm not at my home computer right now, so I don't know the specifics, but I recognize things like "Circle" open mask, a spartan cape, "Stars 03" for the upper body, with the stars and lower part colored white, and the upper colored blue, plain white lower body, and red flared gloves alongside basic red boots.

EDIT: Read a bit more into it. Yeah, the Peak on the upper body's probably the most iffy part of the outfit, and the upper body texture I'm suggesting is more or less a rough shape/similarity in colors and less a precise peak/chevron you have there in the picture.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is what I was able to come up with using most of the parts bluhman suggested.
    2zs0i6b.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...I wanted something where the border was a bit further down and with more of a pointed peak. Oh, well, I don't have enough concepts to make all of the costumes I have floating in my head anyway, guess I'll have to shelve this one. :) Thanks guys!
  • Options
    agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This may be a cheat cause I'm not sure when I got the costume pieces myself, but here's my take on it.
    cosplay1_zps0ff075c0.jpg
    It's Stars 3 with the Cowl.

Sorry, I just re-read the earlier post, pretty similar actually. I like the Cowl myself and made the stripe red to stand out but it's still pretty slim.
  • Options
    themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    as others have done you can accomplish the basic look using star 3 tights for upper, to get that extra deep blue chest area though you can try using chest wear > armor tight basic with various patterns - here is Curves (Left) or Classic Wedge (right)

examplecostumearmortightbasic_zps45f748cd.jpg

I just tried it with the flames pattern and that gives you an inverted V but it is ragged looking due to the flames.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I managed to find a reverse peak by selective coloring, but lower, when I was remaking my old CoH main, Decorum. It's the closest I could come. I'll have to wait until the game is up again, though, as I don't know what piece I used. No "border" like you're asking for, though.

oIRNsauD.png
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks guys, Decorum's suggestion was pretty close, too bad it's got those lines on the side. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I had to just ignore that. The pattern is called Square under Tights. This is how it looks "color separated" (sorry about the low rez, I usually take my pics at work because my home computer is old and underpowered/underspecced).

EaHQQ7tK.png
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Classic Chevron 01 isn't bad for the upper region, but ends up with a blue region above the belt.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Classic Chevron 01 isn't bad for the upper region, but ends up with a blue region above the belt.

Yeah, that one would be perfect if it didn't have the colour setup it has. :/
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This may be a cheat cause I'm not sure when I got the costume pieces myself, but here's my take on it.
    cosplay1_zps0ff075c0.jpg
    It's Stars 3 with the Cowl.

Sorry, I just re-read the earlier post, pretty similar actually. I like the Cowl myself and made the stripe red to stand out but it's still pretty slim.

What piece is that cape? Looks great, btw.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Spartan, I think, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Confirmed, it's either Spartan Cape or Spartan Cape Broach, as I can't see if the broach is there under the hair.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Spartan, I think, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Confirmed, it's either Spartan Cape or Spartan Cape Broach, as I can't see if the broach is there under the hair.

No, I don't think it's that. The Spartan capes go further out onto the shoulders. The one AC is showing just scoops down in front of the neck.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    No, I don't think it's that. The Spartan capes go further out onto the shoulders. The one AC is showing just scoops down in front of the neck.

It's cape mantle + cowl neck piece coloured the same. Just tested it out, looks good. One of the many reasons I love lurking this part of the forums is getting little pointers like that. :)
  • Options
    solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's possible to do. I took a few liberties here and there, but I think the overall look can be achieved.

sUZuIWd.jpg

Chevron tights and corset (under chestwear) was what I had thought, but i needed to get home and try it as you can see.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    had a further play around.

Here is Stars 3 tights with Serpent Armor Chest wear set to Smooth pattern

examplecostumeserpentarmorchestbasic_zpsbcdc5530.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mafa1in wrote: »
    It's cape mantle + cowl neck piece coloured the same. Just tested it out, looks good. One of the many reasons I love lurking this part of the forums is getting little pointers like that. :)

I don't think it looks like that, either. The part below the throat is raised, and it is rounded rather than pointed, like the Golden Age Cowl.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It is the cape mantle and cowl, but I believe it's called cowl thick in the pull down menu.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually, I think that's the Archer Cape. Other than the much puffier spartan cape, that's the only one I can think of that goes all away around the neck.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Lol, no really it's the cape mantel and cowl thick. My graphics are probably set lower than yours.
    cosplay2_zpse4db38b0.jpg
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Lots of creative solutions here. Here's another possibility:

If you don't mind a bit of texture and a lower peak, Tights Superconductor gives a respectable approximation of the chest pattern.

No6PSNQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lol, no really it's the cape mantel and cowl thick. My graphics are probably set lower than yours.

Thanks, AC. I had never tried the Cowl Thick with a female, that looks really seamless.