Install Arc
Options

How much life is left in this game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dezarrakksdezarrakks Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to sound like an amateur (I haven't been playing this long) but what's a foundry?
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dezarrakks wrote: »
    Sorry to sound like an amateur (I haven't been playing this long) but what's a foundry?

User generated content. Think Mission architect from Cox, or google the foundry available in our sister games, Star Trek and Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dezarrakksdezarrakks Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, that explains a lot.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dezarrakks wrote: »

A place where one would melt metal.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    well since Nepht is undead, so has very little life(well, theirs, not counting other peoples) left in them and they are still lively
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Talk about an exaggeration.

Really? You sure about that?

Beeecause not even gold-farmers will touch this game, that's probably saying something, taking into consideration that Neverwinter has been (and is) over-run with them as well as pretty much every other moderately healthy game out there.
  • Options
    xxgunstarheroxxxxgunstarheroxx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this game has been on life support for the last 2 to 2 1/2 years imo. i don't see PWE pulling the cord on this "product" because is still brings in "some" residual income for other products they classify as higher priority. i can go on about content and content fixes that are drastically needed, but i'm sure there are many threads about that. so i say, fork out the cash, enjoy yourself... i've said this many times in the past, those just now coming to the game won't see anything wrong with where the game is... as a long time (now former) player, its hard for me to get back into the game knowing how it used to be.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jadetora wrote: »
    Really? You sure about that?

Beeecause not even gold-farmers will touch this game, that's probably saying something, taking into consideration that Neverwinter has been (and is) over-run with them as well as pretty much every other moderately healthy game out there.

The reason why gold-farmer activity is pretty non-existent in this game is because of how the ingame economy is structured. Selling globals for real money just isn't lucrative at all. Also there's already an economy involving selling of keys for globals and keys can only be bought with ZEN; a currency that can't be farmed. There's no way to trade away questionite either so forget about selling it away for real money to people who want to use it to get ZEN.
  • Options
    zautharidazautharida Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I too starting to see this game not progressing as much. I think it needs a new map, more villians, more heros, more missions, a new level cap, expansion on the hidouts, and of course a Super Group Hall. They need to focus on what to do on the daily bases then on the alert system, events, and costumes. We got enough of that and need much much more then the small things. PVP needs work too from what I heard. If they dont make arrangements for another major update then it might have a year or two.
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Been playing this game since like 2009 and stuff and theres always a doom thread at regular 3 month intervals. But this week we have been blessed with two. Praise the old father.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Praise the old father.
    Hey, leave me out of this!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    But this week we have been blessed with two.

Of course there's a lot of DOOM! this week. There's hubbub about new staff and stuff being added and that can only mean the game is dying.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This doom thread cannot be complete unless I post in here. :3>

There, it's complete. Continue with the doom song.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    tasittlertasittler Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zautharida wrote: »
    I too starting to see this game not progressing as much. I think it needs a new map, more villians, more heros, more missions, a new level cap, expansion on the hidouts, and of course a Super Group Hall. They need to focus on what to do on the daily bases then on the alert system, events, and costumes. We got enough of that and need much much more then the small things. PVP needs work too from what I heard. If they dont make arrangements for another major update then it might have a year or two.

8IK-i-have-survived-your-predecessors-and-i-will-survive-you.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Been playing this game since like 2009 and stuff and theres always a doom thread at regular 3 month intervals. But this week we have been blessed with two. Praise the old father.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was three or four.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    klitty wrote: »

VJzSbGV.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
    wij7VkS.gif

I SAW A SQUIRREL!

drew_carey_on_whose_line_is_it_anyway.jpg

Welcome to the Champions Online forums, where the doom is made up and the posts don't matter.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here's the animated and voice acted version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ&feature=kp
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    VJzSbGV.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
    wij7VkS.gif

I SAW A SQUIRREL!

drew_carey_on_whose_line_is_it_anyway.jpg

Welcome to the Champions Online forums, where the doom is made up and the posts don't matter.

ok thats funny, my friends son, when he was a toddler, would sing, Doom,doom, doom,doom doom. anytime we were playing Doom

• Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Posts: 1,067 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I didn't intend this to become a doom thread, I was just asking if there was any indication as to how much longer the game is going to last....oh God....what have I done....

*falls to knees*

I'm sorry *sniff, sniff* so sorry.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    I didn't intend this to become a doom thread, I was just asking if there was any indication as to how much longer the game is going to last....oh God....what have I done....

*falls to knees*

I'm sorry *sniff, sniff* so sorry.

Well who knows. If what I believe is about to happen this fall, and from what I've heard, we might see an influx of new blood. Especially since the dev team seem adamant about supplying new content and updates, even if people don't believe that is the case.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Posts: 1,067 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well who knows. If what I believe is about to happen this fall, and from what I've heard, we might see an influx of new blood. Especially since the dev team seem adamant about supplying new content and updates, even if people don't believe that is the case.

OH OH, is it going to be plant control?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So I have been considering grabbing a Freeform slot but I don't want to drop the cash if the game is going to die in the next year or so. Are there any indications on how much longer this game is going to last?

I really hope its got a few years left, I recently got back into it. I was a hardcore CoH/CoV player and I miss it, but CO never really snagged my heart the same way. But I do enjoy it now and I am hoping it will last a little while longer.

Roll 4d6. Multiply the four numbers consekyutivlee. There's your answer.
  • Options
    tehbobtehbob Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Yep, 15+ years for EverQuest. 13+ years for Dark Age of Camelot. 25+ years for GemStone. It's certainly possible for these games to have a long lifespan. The modest expectations PWE seems to have for CO is probably a plus.

But yeah, like the others have said, you never really know.

Gemstone is great, that is all.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    klitty wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsfKiKSS0ck

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OH OH, is it going to be plant control?
    that has been my hope for a long time, especially when they showed the dryad costume set. if it happens i will be very very happy. one thing co has that could be good is we already have the chain lash animations, so if they can just make it look like a thorny vine, they can save some animation work right there. if we want to really blue sky it, they could use that as an opportunity to look at hw control works in the game, since generally plant sets have a control aspect in coh and dcou. that or a buff revamp to make buffs/debuffs more dynamic
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The game is gonna be fine.

Some of you might kick yourselves about not taking advantage of the sale a few months from now.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    2 bills last week, bill this week plus a birthday. bills next 2 weeks. besides I have LTS already, all that would happen would be more character.....*twitch* more characters? *twitch twitch* MORE ... MUST MAKE MOOOORREEE