test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any way back into desert crisis or tutorial?

morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Missions and Content
So, I was poking around at the perks listing on an old character - the very first one I made, in fact - and discovered that I'm missing some missions in places that are normally non-repeatable. She's level 35, so re-rolling would be... unfortunate.

I know you can get back into the Canada crisis, via shenanigans in the powerhouse there, and I know that various teleport-to or summon-teammate z-store items let you, for example, get into Vibora Bay without doing the whole apocalypse mission chain.

But I'd hate to spend zen on a teleporter and then find out it doesn't actually work for the two zones I need it for. Can anyone tell me for certain if there is (or isn't) a way to get back into those zones?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    desrt Crisis seems to be freely available of you fly there from Canada.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Doesn't work for me - Canada just gives me options of regular desert, millennium city, or monster island. (And Canada Crisis only gives the go-back-to-MC option.)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    hunh, weird, it works for me. But, that said, I haven't finished that part of the story. I've never done missions in the Crisis version, so it might just be that I haven't used up my access or something....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    when you get to the last part of desert crisis , same as with the tutorial. it asks
    "have you finished all missions, as you will not be able to return."

you can't teleport to teammate into the tutorial
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    when you get to the last part of desert crisis , same as with the tutorial. it asks
    "have you finished all missions, as you will not be able to return."
    I am well aware of that, thank you; but it doesn't bother to tell you "You can check your perks listing to see if there are any missions in here that you might have missed", and I did mention that this was my very first character I created, before I knew to look for such things.
    chaelk wrote: »
    you can't teleport to teammate into the tutorial
    This, on the other hand, is useful information.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know a way!

The Desert and Canada Crisis ZONES are themselves, teleport locked but they both also have an instanced mission within them. What you can do is have a friend with access to Desert or Canada Crisis [whichever one you need] go there, do the mission chain, and once they get the mission to enter an instance hold off.. and then when you are both on, he can enter his instanced mission, and either use a team teleport item to pull you to him inside it, or you use a teleport self to teammate item to join him.

But this last bit is *crucial*. When done in the instance, you must find a glowie to exit by, it's normal exit door, and not use Socrates to exit quickly, as that will just place you where ever you left from.

Once you exit the instance by any door into the crisis zone, you can do whatever you need to in there. This includes getting missed perks and mission turn ins and so on. Your low level buddy can even share his missions to you one by one and you can redo them, and any you missed previously won't be crossovers.

There is no way back to the Tutorial that I know of any longer, and vehicles won't work there anymore either. It is a great deal to go to your Hideout while level one and make a bunch of costumes though, since costume and slider change costs are based on level.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It does, thanks!

A pity about the tutorial; sounds like if I want to be serious about badging on this character, I'll need to re-roll. Maybe if they implement the ability to re-order your characters...

For now, though, I think I'll just push forward; close enough to level 40 that I might as well get there and get the free character slot from it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Good call.

If you want the stuff in those crises, I can help.. I can make a new alt and blaze to that level range in no time. And I have the devices to teleport people in to join me.

But you should be aware that if the alt is SO old it was rolled up in three day headstart, there are perks you could have gotten then [two of them] that can never ever be attained again on any alts.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    well, my char is L25, and I have access to the Desert Crisis map.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    Good call.

If you want the stuff in those crises, I can help.. I can make a new alt and blaze to that level range in no time. And I have the devices to teleport people in to join me.

But you should be aware that if the alt is SO old it was rolled up in three day headstart, there are perks you could have gotten then [two of them] that can never ever be attained again on any alts.

That would be very kind of you; I only need desert - missed the "Grond Theft" mission. (Plus you can get into Canada crisis anyway - Canada powerhouse, go to arenas, go back out, and there you are. ...At least for now; Cryptic North might actually fix that bug some day.)

And, thankfully, I will not be kicking myself in the head over missing headstart perks; while the character I'm talking about was the first I made, I didn't start playing until CO went free to play.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Great.. next time you are in-game, shoot a friend request to @Rune and also an in-game email, saying hello to same handle, I'll accept the invite and get an alt ready!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey, just an update. I have an character in the Desert crisis now, and has taken the door mission. so I'm ready when you are.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can team teleports be used in the instanced mission in the Tutorial?

The final section is instanced, and you can exit via the glowy door.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Can team teleports be used in the instanced mission in the Tutorial?

The final section is instanced, and you can exit via the glowy door.

I don't think so, I think that was the hole that was finally covered there.. But I could be wrong, and I'm willing to find out!

Also, I helped out morigosa, but left my alt with the needed instanced mission in the desert, so if anyone else stumbles upon this thread and needs a mission done or a perk or whatever I have it saved for another week or two. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'd guess that it's locked against teleportation... but you know what, I can check that; leave a teleport-to-rencen item in my shared bank, see if that lets me teleport out.

Anyway, I did get the desert crisis perk completed, thanks to Rune, and for now I'll just accept having one character without the save-the-city perk as a reminder that, once upon a time, I too was a newb. (Well, unless it turns out that I *can* go back and rescue foxbat... again.)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh, no! I mean I'll make a new alt and get him a "Teleport team to me" item from my hideout stash, and see if I can use it to pull a friend to me in the tutorial final fight mission. if so, we should both be able to exit back into the Tutorial from there.

Might also ask a friend who has a "teleport himself to teammate" item to help in case it works but the other doesn't.
  • Options
    nethernynetherny Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was in the Tutorial not three days ago and saw a level 25 toon flying around in there. Should have got a screenie, I know, but I didn't think it was a big deal.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes people stay in tutorial to level up. I had a toon in there through level 25 once.
    Then I realized people have leveled to 40 in there already--no special perk is given.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.