test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Issues, 3/21

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Super News Network
We are currently experiencing a network issue that is affecting all Cryptic games. Our operations team is currently working on the problem. I will update this thread when I know more.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

Update, 7pm:

PWE_BranFlakes has just posted the following update on ArcGames.com:
Greetings Players,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – it is only affecting the games/ servers listed below.

Rest assured that we have our best Engineers on the case and we have made good progress in the last couple hours. While our current ETA for a resolution is still several hours from now, we are committed to keeping you up-to-date. As this issue is affecting multiple games, please bookmark this Twitter feed and check it often for status updates: Twitter.com/PWE_Outage

As mentioned, this is a network issue, and not an issue with the game servers. There are no concerns of data loss, security, or anything of that nature. We’ve also found that this may be intermittent for some, while others have been affected since the incident occurred earlier today.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you back in-game as soon as possible.

- The PWE and Cryptic Teams

We will continue to keep you all posted as we know more. Thank you again from your patience.

Update, 8pm:

Champions Online is back online! Thank you all again for your patience.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He gives out roasted quails as an apology! Forgive him!!!! :biggrin:
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well at least we finally have a statement on the forums about it being broken and them trying to fix it. why the hell does everything break all the time though?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • gruelsgruels Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i was able to get the game page up i think it's working again people

edit 1: ok well.. the game shows up then log-in screen is blank so close :(
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the info! Over on the NW forums we were only told that you're looking into it. :)
    edited March 2014
    gruels wrote: »
    i was able to get the game page up i think it's working again people

Nope, but they have made progress, the update sever is operational....which is a start

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PTS is up, if anyone cares to do some testing.
  • vidarrwolfslayervidarrwolfslayer Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The patch server worked, but the game can't connect to the login server, still. I know my account isn't locked, since I got into the website, despite another thread in this forum.

Any ETA given yet?

This makes me miss the other superhero game that had multiple servers I could log into. They seldom made changes to all of them at once, so even if one server was down, I could mess around with my toons on another server.

Good luck, IT guys. I know the brass is breathing down your neck. :cool:
  • david2120david2120 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    We are currently experiencing a network issue that is affecting all Cryptic games. Our operations team is currently working on the problem. I will update this thread when I know more.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
    yeah i started haveing trouble at around 2:30 pm i was not able to get on to Champions or NeverWinter. hope you guys fix it soon thx to all of you who work on the game to make it better for us. :tongue:
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2014
    As of a little while ago, players were able to connect to the server, but were unable to maintain the connection. We're still investigating the exact scope and setting up the solution, but this is affecting a number of our games. When we have an update, we'll let everyone know, but we don't have an ETA yet.
  • ouroborosinouroborosin Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    17:21 EST and still nothing. This seems serious.
  • shadowruin8shadowruin8 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I blame Mechanon for all the network issues!! He NEEDS to be stopped, first he started in a virtual world now he has moved on to take over the real world!
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    He gives out roasted quails as an apology! Forgive him!!!! :biggrin:

I would forgive him... except there are no rocket fists yet :v
    Cybermind strikes again!
  • thereactor2thereactor2 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This happens all of the time.
  • clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bad timing, a Friday afternoon. :frown: Thanks for the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
    edited March 2014
    The people who run this game are not very professional. The fact that this happens all of the time is proof enough.
    edited March 2014
    We're still working to get this resolved. We'll have an update later this afternoon/early evening, probably, so stay tuned.
    edited March 2014
    We're still working to get this resolved. We'll have an update later this afternoon/early evening, probably, so stay tuned.

Would it be possible to get a rough time, as saying afternoon/evening doesn't give an indicator players such as myself where the time is almost 11pm.....yay timezones :confused:

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they can't be specific its pretty much a given that they don't know when it will be done. Its that kind of an issue. Chances are that no one will be going home until it IS fixed.
    edited March 2014
    If they can't be specific its pretty much a given that they don't know when it will be done. Its that kind of an issue. Chances are that no one will be going home until it IS fixed.

:frown::frown:

edited March 2014
    We should get a refund
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We should get a refund

So if I'm working this out right, at $15 a month, that comes to roughly 2 cents an hour that the game is down.

Enjoy those 4 cents or whatever.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2014
    I just wonder what could have been changed differently that made all PWE games just not accessible. Its certain that quite a few customers will be lost because of this and countless other server crashes in the past year alone.
    somebob wrote: »
    So if I'm working this out right, at $15 a month, that comes to roughly 2 cents an hour that the game is down.

Enjoy those 4 cents or whatever.

If its out for the rest of the day it might count towards 50 cents. That would warrant the return of Dr. Newbton.
  • goobers23goobers23 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I will take those 4 cents!
  • oilersfan99oilersfan99 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    damn, I just downloaded the game, patched it all up and then the server went down, lol. I have no luck
    edited March 2014
    In other words. THe game gets taken down, we get no info at all about what the problem is or how long the game will be down and we should be happy to pour some money in the game?
  • silentknight6666silentknight6666 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I blame that monster Caliga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off with his head!
  • gruelsgruels Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Best bet for all them going down.. Worker went postal at the offices. i'd believe it
    edited March 2014
    In other words. THe game gets taken down, we get no info at all about what the problem is or how long the game will be down and we should be happy to pour some money in the game?

Yes we should.

As the saying goes - Sometimes stuff happens. Obviously something broke and broke badly. The devs will let us know what happened as soon as they know what happened.

The tech team won't be going anywhere tonight until the three games come back up again. Don't worry about that.

Just relax.
  • jonandre1jonandre1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hm. Let's assume that the network is down for the rest of the night. Let's also assume that the person who wanted a refund is a casual player, who plays 2 hours a night, 5 nights a week.

2 hours / week, x 5 nights, = 10 hours / week. 4 weeks in a month, plus three days (March has 31 days) worth of gaming, equals 46 hours of gaming this month.

$15.00 (the price for one month of subscription) divided by 46... is $0.32 cents per hour of gaming. Since the network is going to be down all day, that's $0.64 cents you're out.

Sure, give him a refund of 64 cents. Have fun with that.
    Shush.

25. Interruption of Service

25.1 We reserve the right to interrupt the Service or any part thereof from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that we will not be liable for any interruption of the Service or any part thereof, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.2 You acknowledge that the Service or any part thereof may be interrupted for reasons beyond our control, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Service whenever you may wish to do so. We shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.3 We have the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Service as we see fit in our sole discretion.

25.4 We are not obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Service by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraphs 25.1, 25.2.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Y'know, folks, this isn't just CO - every game under the banner of PWI is apparently offline right now. So unless everybody at PWI is "unprofessional", well, maybe it's just under attack from some script kiddies with nothing to do.

Must suck to be at Cryptic HQ just now, though - heading into a beautiful weekend in Los Gatos, with expected highs in the 70s, and stuck trying to find what's wrong and fix it on Friday afternoon...

Edited to add: I too demand a refund for my time! As a Silver player, we then take my $0.00 and divide it by the number of hours down...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • stormpsychstormpsych Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There's a saying.

"Don't feed the trolls"
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People need to go outside and play
    edited March 2014
    All PWE games? Oh wow. Now that's just crazy.

Wonder what horribly went wrong.
  • goobers23goobers23 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People need to go outside and play

Hahahaha... too funny...
    edited March 2014

I blame you for stealing all the server's pie.

edited March 2014
    I suspect the server that handles user verification is on the fritz. Its why some people are able to get into the game but get booted almost immediately after. The verification keeps becoming invalid because of temporary server disconnect that holds all user information.

While everyone isn't doing anything but wants to be involved in Champions Online things, check out the "Auras Sets Need A Change" link in my signature and support that. I'd like the buy aura sets someday that doesn't discourage players from purchases who have lots of character slots.
    edited March 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a rough time, as saying afternoon/evening doesn't give an indicator players such as myself where the time is almost 11pm.....yay timezones :confused:

Well, it's 4:45 where I am now. I should have an update internally soon, hopefully I'll be able to announce some kind of timeline soon. It's possible that things will still be too up in the air, though.

One way or another, this will take a while. We're doing everything we can to get you guys back in-game ASAP, though.
    somebob wrote: »
    The tech team won't be going anywhere tonight until the three games come back up again. Don't worry about that.

^Truth.

jonsills wrote: »
    Y'know, folks, this isn't just CO - every game under the banner of PWI is apparently offline right now.

Not quite. Most of the PWE games are affected, but not all -- for instance, Battle of the Immortals is having a partial outage, but Jade Dynasty isn't. This isn't CO specific, but it isn't total.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mine at 8am says server down, which is.....4pm or maybe 5pm ST

ok 4, the forums time is now ST, not local
    doh, Decidedly Stupid Time change, 5pm
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    on another note, maybe a new emote pack.. or better yet a stance pack would be considered to add to zen store in the near future? :biggrin:

especially the stance pack, right now my characters can either look a little too sexy, use a stance with a broken walk animation, or look like a goofy animal.

That would be cool, especially a Sleep emote where you actually lie down and... well, go to sleep. Though, I'm pretty sure there's another thread where this SHOULD be going. But, before I go...

9/11 was an inside job, the Amish are secretly the Illuminati, $5 Foot-Longs aren't really $5, the Government is run by Lizard People, and Barack Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Pansy Tyrant Warrior Ninja Dictator!
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.

Should we blame the government?

Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?

*Sings* No! Blame Ca-li-ga! Blame Ca-li-ga!
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Or blame society?

No. Blame the Amish Illuminati and the Government Lizard People. I JUST said this.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    gradii wrote: »
    thanks trailturtle, and I'm sure the fact the tech team won't go home till its fixed is appreciated.

on another note, maybe a new emote pack.. or better yet a stance pack would be considered to add to zen store in the near future? :biggrin:

especially the stance pack, right now my characters can either look a little too sexy, use a stance with a broken walk animation, or look like a goofy animal.

not exactly the best choices for all situations lol :tongue:

I have long felt that a set of new stances would sell well... the range we have was nice in the beginning, but now they are just too limited. And new emotes - always welcome!
  • duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Been waiting for over 6 hours. I hope this is resolved soon.
    Was hoping to get a bit more Sky Command time in, those bearings aren't going to just show up in my inventory. :mad:

Not sure when the issue started as it was running fine a 3 am ST.:confused:

Maybe a little reward for those who do/have paid for the time we're losing out on? Maybe a key or two? Not like they really cost you guys anything to make (literally, they're digital.) and very easy to make us happier for missing out on our time to play.:cool:

Hope to be able to get some time in before I have to go to work tonight.:frown:
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Or blame society?

tumblr_m9j08ddORI1r6yjp6o1_400.gif
  • silentknight6666silentknight6666 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes! Blame the evil Caliga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No. Blame the Amish Illuminati and the Government Lizard People. I JUST said this.
    The Truth is Out There... but just not here

so now that we know that the truth is not out there,
    they have stated that it is not here. Their statement is here, so it is therefore false
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• kheldrynkheldryn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was hoping to take my main "Viper One" out to the Desert for a few Screenshots so I could make a nice Sig like Caliga and Silverspar (SG Mates), sadly I seem to be having a problem with that plan.. Hmm.. wonder what that is?.. :P
    Nyte Kitsune-STO and CO LTS Member
    "Nose to the wind, I go!"
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member of STO and CO."
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    TheCurseOfTheHex_ManyHoursLater.PNG
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
This discussion has been closed.