Install Arc
Options

Therakiel's Blade - Drop confirmed!

2»

Comments

• Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im about to give up, between me and a few people i know, we've logged over 500 runs, iv done over 145. (thats not an exageration if been at this 12 hours a day)

NO DROP... thats insane if the drop rate is worse than 1/500

This is like...supposed to drop once for a team of 5? Wow.

I really think we need to organise ourselves in a new topic and ask for:
    -Put the original Heavy Weapons sword back in (snakes super secrets -.- : old drop rate which was 1/7)
    -Lower the chance of the Blade drop to at least a realistic figure...no rarer than 1/30
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Am I the only one amused that someone accused Snake and Sanguine, of all people...of hiding stuff?
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Kenpojujitsu, you are taking what I said out of context, rather extremely.

Sanguineviper and Snake do a lot of selective information hiding

Sure I am...
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im about to give up, between me and a few people i know, we've logged over 500 runs, iv done over 145. (thats not an exageration if been at this 12 hours a day)

NO DROP... thats insane if the drop rate is worse than 1/500

This is like...supposed to drop once for a team of 5? Wow.

I really think we need to organise ourselves in a new topic and ask for:
    -Put the original Heavy Weapons sword back in (snakes super secrets -.- : old drop rate which was 1/7)
    -Lower the chance of the Blade drop to at least a realistic figure...no rarer than 1/30

I like 1/7 better. No reason to make things super-grindy.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Don't quote me, but I fear that we have seen the last of the Crushing Gentleman and many/all of his works.

Inquiring minds wanna know...is he gone/leaving?
    edited February 2013
    Back on topic, I trust this means we've resolved the issue of Rokuro's topic title claim as being untrustworthy?

I don't think it's much an issue of whether it's untrustworthy or not, it's just that given the completely ridiculous rarity of it if it really does still drop (Close to the numbers Snake is posting up there, then multiplied by a group of 5 since only one person's gonna get it.) and the fact that I know for certain that the old HW unlock no longer unlocks the HW model, but instead unlocks the Martial arts sword model. I don't think people should get their hopes up and start running TT expecting they might get it, because they more than likely won't. Instead they'll just get bored and irritated with it like everything else.

TL;DR: Go ahead and run TT if you want, but don't get your hopes up that you're gonna get a super cool sword unlock, you'll just get annoyed that it almost never drops, then the one time it does, someone else gets it.

2. What about the Energy Surge and the Team Energy Surge devices that cost Drifter Salavage and instantly give 100% energy that you can spam (not consumed). In fact I saw one clan get mad at a Brazilian player they didn't like, and they spammed their devices so fast (with a macro) that lagged-out the Brazilian player with a server flood. Now if that isn't an exploitably overpowered I don't know what is! lol! Oh wait, I almost forgot the player-controlled chat ban (see Fortunefire's forum signature for links), but that's already covered in many other topics. :wink:

See, that's something I didn't even know of, because I so rarely use devices. I knew that the teleport to ren center devices were unlimited, but only because I get them shoved down my throat when I open one of those leveling reward gear kit things. And in my opinion, I think that's perfectly fair for that specific item, hell, if they'd offered it as it is; a permanent unlimited use recall to ren center. I would probably have shilled out like 100-200 zen per toon for them.

But other than those things I've only gone through the grind of getting questionite to get zen to buy keys to open boxes to get salvage to buy a grab bag to get legacy items once, and only once. I ended up getting Necrulitic Elixir and a terak core, or whatever. So i popped my elixir onto Pink's bar and was content.

Now, of course, if I was a nutty exploiting crazypants, I could've gone through that another 50 times or more to get 5 of them, put them all on my bar and then use the zone stacking exploit that has been around for 3 years to stack 5 of them on myself to get an overpowered heal for about 4 minutes at a time! YEAH!

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lohr01 wrote: »

Him and Nesno became best buddies and at this moment they are traveling the world together solving crimes and helping the people.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Considering Gentleman Crush said he personally removed the sword from the loot tables back when on Alert first came out, I still don't believe it actually drops anymore (People have done literally hundreds of runs and gotten nothing but bugged drops.).

Goes against..
    Guys, their tables are unaltered. Them not dropping their loot any more is a rumor. They drop all the same things they have since they launched.

- -
    lohr01 wrote: »

This was also the last time we heard from Man-Crush so no real update as to whether his employment continued into 2013 or if he was moved to "That which will not be named".

I'll tell you this.. he was very VERY communicative with me privately before Thanksgiving and I have had no sign of him since. He still has my heart because he took it upon himself (himself) to address telepathy and make it into something I actually had fun playing.. Not to mention all the work he was doing balancing the OP powers.

It took him literally less than 2 minutes to address some of the bugs I brought to his attention.. but those bug fixes he did never came to LIVE server.. the only possible explanation I can conclude is that he is not working on Champions Online anymore.
    nepht wrote: »
    Him and Nesno became best buddies and at this moment they are traveling the world together solving crimes and helping the people.

Whoa.. Xeno is gone again too? Damn.. I mean WOOOW
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    the only possible explanation I can conclude is that he is not working on Champions Online anymore.

Yeah, lots of us spoke to him regularly and then suddenly, whammo, zero contact. Hopefully it's not permanent.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, lots of us spoke to him regularly and then suddenly, whammo, zero contact. Hopefully it's not permanent.

I dunno Smack. Personally he is a nice enough chap it seems. But He was the one the spokesman on how awesome the PVP gear was going to be and then well you seen what happened. I know its was a team effort that mess but well you know the buck stops with the guy with the mouth.....
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited February 2013

9 months is enough for me to think its permanent, if not..darn..

reason i say darn with him breaking the therakiel trop table is this:
    http://www.hark.com/clips/mjrfrkfvqy-i-think-he-did-it-on-purpose
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm still hanging on the hope that we'll get some sweet lovin once Neverwinter goes live. Whether it's Crush or someone else, any development would be good.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm still hanging on the hope that we'll get some sweet lovin once Neverwinter goes live. Whether it's Crush or someone else, any development would be good.

I applaud your .. enthusiasm.

History matters tho.. and very little has changed since the last time we heard this very same hope.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Supposedly Cryptic has expanded a bunch, and the results are starting to come on-line in STO (and, of course, Neverwinter).

It's conceivable that if Neverwinter is a hit, at some point PWE will consider their holdings and decide to let Cryptic devote a few crumbs toward a little something for CO.

Not likely, but... hey, it's not in the realm of utter fantasy.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    History does matter, and that's why I have my enthusiasm. It's happened before and we got developers back.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Two of our best devs we had before they were pulled: Tumerboy (map maker / environmental artist) and Spirals (audio & music, did Whiteout's epic SciFi-horror-style ambience).

I actually used to be a huge fan of Gentleman_Crush, often praising his involvement in the game. However, his actions regarding PvP and his misdirection of what was going to happen to crafting tarnished my opinion of him rather severely. Not all changes he made were bad of course, Night Avenger for example is amazing (even if it was brokenly overpowered when first released, and frankly Ricochet Throw is still OP as DPS table data shows).

It would be nice if they'd make the connection that superhero stuff in media, and invest to get a return on that. But thus far I've seen Champions mismanaged with lots of incomplete projects.

History does matter, and that's why I have my enthusiasm. It's happened before and we got developers back.

I see you often saying this, but what exactly are you talking about and how much of a comeback was it really?

Currently the game feels like we're at halftime and down 50 points. It's going to take a lot to get us back to where we SHOULD be in the competitive video game market.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cryptic hasn't been in the competitive video game market since they first handled City of Heroes.

As far as comebacks go, here's the chain of events:

• CO launched Sep '09
    • Bloodmoon in Oct '09
    • Nemcon in late Nov '09
    • Winter Event in Dec '09
    • STO launched Feb '10
    • CO Revelation in March '10
    • Serpent Lantern in June '10
    • Demonflame in Oct '10
    • Free for All Jan '11
    • Resistance in May '11
    • Aftershock in June '11
    • Whiteout in Nov '11
    • On Alert in March '12
    • Reloaded in Nov '12

Aside from VB being released shortly after STO launched (which was being developed while the STO team was doing their thing) I don't really see any evidence of developmental comebacks. In fact I'm seeing longer downtime periods as time goes on. Release schedules like that don't scream "we're being competitive" to me as far as CO is concerned. Again, they're putting their efforts into the more well known IP.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Champs hasn't been in the competitive video game market since they first handled City of Heroes.

As far as comebacks go, here's the chain of events:

Thank you. I thought for sure I'd have to do yet another history lesson to teach.. this is only a summary but even still Vibora Bay was hinted at by devs BEFORE the launch of STO and many believe the reason it's a "mini-zone" is because it was just unfinished map from beta.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Okay you guys win.

I imagined all the complaints of STO taking our developers.

I'll switch to the "nothing good will ever happen to Champs" side right away.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    By all means.. hope in faith.

But faith is by definition without evidence. ALL the evidence points to the contrary.. yet you believe. THAT is something I commend you for.. but opinions that point to revisionist history i do not respect.

P.S.- Just because I don't respect your opinions or ideas doesn't mean I don't like or respect you.

P.P.S.- Welcome to the Dark Side. We hope you survive your experience.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay you guys win.

Yeah no. Don't lump me in with Jaybezz's side of the argument. I'm just addressing this "historically, we get our devs back" notion. Historically I don't really see it. I still like the idea of CO getting some dev love once the new shiny is released but I'm not gonna cite a track record that doesn't really back that up. Instead I'll stick with this.

allwillbewell_zps7a2693bb.gif
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay you guys win.

Ugh hold your horses on the sarcasm for a moment... (at least as far as I can tell from your behavior trends, that was likely sarcasm. I could be incorrect.)

Look, I'm not wishing to dissuade you from being enthusiastic or positive, I simply wanted you to think about this question -- as in maybe you see something I don't.

I was seeking some knowledge with an open mind, so no need for this "you guys" type of "us v. them" vibe it seems we're hearing from you.

Let's go back to the quotes:
    agentx5 wrote:
    I see you often saying this, but what exactly are you talking about and how much of a comeback was it really?

I'm still curious, so tell me. What are you thinking of when you say that?

Maybe I'm not seeing something from my perspective that I probably should. There's got to be something forming the basis of this belief, right?

PS: Yes I realize this is all speculative and a matter of belief, but I'm humble enough to admit when I'm wrong or haven't seen the whole picture. Maybe there's a reason to have some faith in that belief (some will remain skeptical sure, but others might feel a bit more hopeful)
  • Options
    panzynutz1panzynutz1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, so nice. Only seen 2 people in total with that drop.
  • Options
    lavoszxlavoszx Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so THATS what that sword piece is.....hmmm i haz new goal! i will horde all the Therakiel's Blade pieces! then i will sell them for exorbitant prices!

eeexcellent *laughs maniacally*

sorry im a villain at heart, when CO gives us the ability to make villains ill be in paradise, heros are overrated >.>

even a guy i know in another game who became a RL hero this past week to a kid who wouldnt be alive now without him says so >.>

villainy is where itss at, when i can afford a 2nd monitor im gonna also buy a captain-kirk swivvel-chair and ill be an evil genius in a secret lair!

well sorry to bug you with the question over that costume piece Nepht, probly shoulda figured out to ssend a PM instead, but figgured id not bother ya twice XD

edit: also, welcome to the dark side, we have cookies, and handfuls of snakes to throw at the faces of fake rappers :D
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering Gentleman Crush said he personally removed the sword from the loot tables back when on Alert first came out, I still don't believe it actually drops anymore (People have done literally hundreds of runs and gotten nothing but bugged drops.).

However, it is confirmed that the old unlock drop does in fact now unlock both the heavy and martial arts versions, as there were still a few floating around people's banks after on alert. So I'm not refuting the screenshot, because others have that sword as well, as I've seen personally.

Still no dice if you've already gotten and used the unlock though, you're stuck with only the HW unlock.

Why is it every time there's a nerf that doesn't make sense, things missing from loot tables, broken loot, broad-stroke nerfs that seem arbitrary in execution (at best), I hear that Crush is behind it?

For instance.. the patch notes didn't tell 1/10th of the story about the legacy device nerf.. not all the cooldowns were affected, some are now broken and won't cooldown if they aren't in the device tray, some of the cooldowns were taken from like 15seconds to 5 minutes, some of the devices can still be used because the shared cooldowns weren't done right. But there is no rhyme or reason to it and the patch notes don't say anything about what was changed and what wasn't.

And the gear-based costume unlocks..
    HERO games rewards..
    various costume unlocks..
    level 10 required for the majority of silver-account free costume unlocks to show up in the tailor
    ETC ETC ETC

Just thought I'd ask if I'm the only one seeing this.

And hopefully one of the CMs can pass this on. It's kind of a standing joke in CO right now.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mensar wrote: »
    Why is it every time there's a nerf that doesn't make sense, things missing from loot tables, broken loot, broad-stroke nerfs that seem arbitrary in execution (at best), I hear that Crush is behind it?

For instance.. the patch notes didn't tell 1/10th of the story about the legacy device nerf.. not all the cooldowns were affected, some are now broken and won't cooldown if they aren't in the device tray, some of the cooldowns were taken from like 15seconds to 5 minutes, some of the devices can still be used because the shared cooldowns weren't done right. But there is no rhyme or reason to it and the patch notes don't say anything about what was changed and what wasn't.

And the gear-based costume unlocks..
    HERO games rewards..
    various costume unlocks..
    level 10 required for the majority of silver-account free costume unlocks to show up in the tailor
    ETC ETC ETC

Just thought I'd ask if I'm the only one seeing this.

And hopefully one of the CMs can pass this on. It's kind of a standing joke in CO right now.

He's the one armed man. He's DB Cooper. Or Chuck Norris.

Or is he sadly the last person working on the game, and will bear full responsibility when PWE jumps the proverbial shark and charges twice for gear?

Or is he just some guy that works for PWE and is the go to scapegoat? Perhaps being told by corporate to implement changes that seem insane, and has no out because of his job title?

I know the guy has a track record of saying some really stupid things on an open channel, but seriously he is just one guy. We can yell all we want, but PWE is gonna drive CO into the iceberg because it just doesn't have any ideas or vision for it anymore, and without 3rd party backing we have no buffer watching our back as we watch PWE attempt to claim that this is normal, has happened before, is commonplace, and standard in the MMO industry. They are packaging and selling crazy, and we are buying it because we have no alterternative products. It's time to let them finally go ape-s and see where this goes. Everything has an end, and despite what anyone tries to throw at them to get them to act responsibly, things will be changing.

If you have to blame someone-

Blame Keith.
  • Options
    thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    does the heavy still drop?
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No since after alert patch go on live.